HELP! advice needed on molding and casting roman props obi wan ANH hilt

wise kenobi117

So i really want to get into molding and casting props specifically my Roman props obi wan hilt but i dont know exactly about how to go the right way around it. I could either do a mold of the full saber or mold and cast each part seperate. What do you guys think? if anyone has had any experience and could give me any advice that would be mostly appreciated. THANKS GUYS!!!

So i really want to get into molding and casting props specifically my Roman props obi wan hilt but i dont know exactly about how to go the right way around it. I could either do a mold of the full saber or mold and cast each part seperate. What do you guys think? if anyone has had any experience and could give me any advice that would be mostly appreciated. THANKS GUYS!!!

You cleared this with Roman, yes? Casting real world found parts is always okay, but casting someone else's work is recasting and is not okay unless the artist gives you permission.

Really?? Ummm you should probably read the rules of the forum before posting. That will get you a first class ticket to bannsville.

so sorry guys didnt realise this ost was violating rules and yes i was planning to give roman an email to see if he was okay with it and this project would not be any sort of re selling buisness but purely for my own expirimentation and become confident with messing around with things. Agian im sorry ill have a read of the terms i am new to RPF as of tonight and was definately not going to take any credit and would allways ask roman first as he is a genune gey and i have alot of respect for his work. is it best i take down this post? really sorry guys

thanks man didnt want to rub you guys the wrong way and would definately not want that of Roman either this post was to purely give me ideas on how about to mold and cast all sorts of things because i think its really cool and if i dont have permission i understand its very wrong because thats what Roman has worked for for over 10 years. I love this forum i have learnt so many new things allready and im excited to learn some more. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back