VIDEO: Anakin built C3P0, so Ben Solo built BB8

God, I hope not.

What he said.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Not just no but @*#! NO!!!

I feel my fandom at stake here...or parts of it anyways....please don't do this...*prays*. I'm sick of the similarities "circle keeps circling". The PT was bad enough with all the "six degrees of separation", I really don't want it to keep happening here. Rey can be related to someone already OR maybe this...I can't handle both. The galaxy isn't or can't be THAT "small".

It's a movie ! It's all just a movie !!

In the big picture, what does it really matter? Either way?

999,999.9% of the time I don't even remember the Anakin/C-3po thing. I know it, but it's such a tiny footnote that it's less of a deal than what color dress Padme wore to the senate meeting.

Seriously.

Perhaps Poe is the owner? I mean BB-8 looks like Poe's companion droid in his X-Wing... why not? And the resistance could all know of BB-8 because it's a droid they've had for so long and that why would Kylo Ren be pointed at as the person who built it?

And as far as getting BB-8 unharmed to the First Order.... here's a clue... BB-8 contains sensitive information vital to Kylo in finding Skywalker, so obviously he wants the droid in good condition to be able to easily retrieve the information.

I think this theory is a bit of a load of crap.

And that gal has A LOT of viewers now... can't she get a better camera that doesn't wash out the shot and focus so much?? Sheesh!

I'm pretty sure someone at Lucasfilm said that BB8 is a one of a kind droid. So maybe Poe had him built? I'm guessing the Rebels aren't going to pay for you to customize your X-Wing, so I'm guessing Poe had him built, then made a custom droid socket for his X-Wing.

999,999.9% of the time I don't even remember the Anakin/C-3po thing. I know it, but it's such a tiny footnote that it's less of a deal than what color dress Padme wore to the senate meeting.

Seriously.

I hear you and do agree with you mostly(at the end of the day, yea it's just a series of movies), it's just hard to accept. I guess I just want "more":confused

Seriously.

Yep, its just a movie ! This site and hundreds, possibly thousands more are dedicated to reproducing every single detail of every movie. To arguing every nuance of dialog and plot. Spending day ,weeks, years and decades on said pursuits. But its only a movie , LOL, ;-)

Yep, its just a movie ! This site and hundreds, possibly thousands more are dedicated to reproducing every single detail of every movie. To arguing every nuance of dialog and plot. Spending day ,weeks, years and decades on said pursuits. But its only a movie , LOL, ;-)

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post this reply.

?? I thought the video was tongue-in-cheek. She's quite dry, but I thought it was an obvious joke... she does some funny stuff. maybe I'm missing something?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

:lol Clearly she's putting on a performance, like the Overly Attached Girlfriend does. She'll probably become the video version of MoviePilot or another version of SWTheories but a parody, would love to see more!

Seriously.

Because it actually kinda hurts the narrative.

I mean, yeah, it's "only" a movie, but part of making a movie or telling any story is the worldbuilding aspect of it. When you read Tolkein, especially for the first time, it's dizzying just how much history his fictional world has. All of that backstory and history, all of the poems and songs, the mythology, etc. it all goes into creating a world that feels alive. That allows you to become a lot more invested in your characters and the adventures they experience.

That effect is severely undercut when it turns out that all the main characters are all connected to each other, and R2D2 was Leia's mom's droid, and Anakin built 3PO, and Chewie knew Yoda, and Lando bunked with Wedge at the Academy, and Biggs was best friends with Wicket the Ewok, and Palpatine is Anakin's kinda-sorta father, and so on and so forth. When you play "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" with your universe, it makes it a LOT less believable. It makes it seem as if there is no history of the universe beyond our main characters, which makes the whole thing just seem that much less believable.

The real world is messy and complicated and, while there are connections between this and that, they're far, far more complex than just "Anakin built 3PO, and Kylo Ren built BB8."

Lastly, TFA already caught plenty of flack for mining plot points from previous films. I see no reason for them to continue to do so at this point, and certainly not from films that are held in...mixed regard...by the fan base.

Because it actually kinda hurts the narrative.

I mean, yeah, it's "only" a movie, but part of making a movie or telling any story is the worldbuilding aspect of it. When you read Tolkein, especially for the first time, it's dizzying just how much history his fictional world has. All of that backstory and history, all of the poems and songs, the mythology, etc. it all goes into creating a world that feels alive. That allows you to become a lot more invested in your characters and the adventures they experience.

That effect is severely undercut when it turns out that all the main characters are all connected to each other, and R2D2 was Leia's mom's droid, and Anakin built 3PO, and Chewie knew Yoda, and Lando bunked with Wedge at the Academy, and Biggs was best friends with Wicket the Ewok, and Palpatine is Anakin's kinda-sorta father, and so on and so forth. When you play "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" with your universe, it makes it a LOT less believable. It makes it seem as if there is no history of the universe beyond our main characters, which makes the whole thing just seem that much less believable.

The real world is messy and complicated and, while there are connections between this and that, they're far, far more complex than just "Anakin built 3PO, and Kylo Ren built BB8."

Lastly, TFA already caught plenty of flack for mining plot points from previous films. I see no reason for them to continue to do so at this point, and certainly not from films that are held in...mixed regard...by the fan base.

And I was wondering if you had anything substantive to offer.

Guess not.

3o7abAvdkL881lbMPe.gif

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back