1/6 Falcon Cockpit/Hot Toys cost????

Luke and Ben lookin great...they just need to redo Han's and Chewies facesculped. Rest of Chewie looks good for me. Anyway....a very impressive display!!

Yeah the consensus on the TIE is that it's not 1/6 scale, probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 1/10 to 1/12. Still, HT's track record with vehicles of that size isn't particularly reassuring for those who want to buy this.

Luke and Ben lookin great...they just need to redo Han's and Chewies facesculped. Rest of Chewie looks good for me. Anyway....a very impressive display!!

Agreed! The Luke and Ben sculpts are SPOT on! Very impressive. Apparantly, HFs face is one of those that is very difficult to sculpt. Oddly... everything about Chewie is amazing. But he appears to have a teddy bear face.

Kudo's to HT for an impressive display!

Out of curiosity just how big do you guys think a real Tie fighter is supposed to be in proportion to an average size man.

This is a 1/6 Tie pilot in the Tie. Looks about right to me and the Tie compared to the Falcon Cockpit sure looks right to me.

ht_tie_7.jpg

This is a 1/6 Tie pilot in the Tie. Looks about right to me and the Tie compared to the Falcon Cockpit sure looks right to me.

Huh, I stand corrected. That does look like the SSC TIE pilot 1/6 figure.

I never felt HT's Han and Chewie looked that great, Han just looks off and the rooted hair on Chewie makes it tough to manufacture his likeness. Their Obi Wan and Luke headsculpts are spot-on, but Luke's hair color should be lighter.

a 12" fig in the TIE??? Wow! I shutter to think at the price, but if it becomes reality i'll definitely have to see if i can swing it....

Looks like your wish is coming true! Start saving your pennys!!!

1/6th scale Millennium Falcon measuring close to 18 feet (5.5 meters) long by 12 feet (3.7 meters) wide

http://toyland.gizmodo.com/hot-toys-is-making-a-sixth-scale-millennium-falcon-that-1719017218

Hear this Hot Toys.

First I do not own a single piece of yours. Not one product. Way to expensive for what is basically a really nice 12" Action figure. Don't get me wrong, awesome!!!!!! but too pricey for me for that. For the price I can get a really nice actual prop. A saber, helmet, etc.

If you make the Millennium Falcon Cockpit I will sell my first born to buy one. He's cute and a great kid so it should not be a problem. While kidding about the kid I told my wife no matter what I am getting that and she agreed.

If you make the Tie fighter I will buy it no matter what it takes and I'm not even a huge Tie fan.

If you continue and make a X wing I will buy it. Again not a huge X wing fan.

If you make my beloved Y wing I will sell body parts to buy it.

And if you do, what I doubt anyone has the guts to do, ( It's to big, bla bla, cry, cry) and build a 1/6 Falcon in pieces over several years kind of like the Diago I will forgo car plans and likely some vacations to buy it. Sell blood, sell the other kid. Whatever it takes.

Now I know your gonna say I am crazy but really it's just the cockpit and the "living area". The rest can be empty or offered with additional upgrades. Just look at every Deagostini piece and make it bigger.

Have some courage. Do what many will say can't be done. BTW every great, amazing thing ever made has had most whiners saying it could not be done, won't happen, etc.

I am not alone. Everyone is going crazy for these.

And guess what, then we are gonna need a bunch of 1/6 figures to put in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep,

As some may recall I called this somewhere on some post back during ComicCon when I first saw it. I know it sounds crazy and people assume it's a one of a kind for the show but I disagree.

My prediction, based on nothing but my own opinion , is Hot Toy will offer a full 1/6 Falcon over a period of numerous years.

Sure say I am crazy, it will never happen, there is no room for most people,... Just wait.

I remember paying a bit under 1k for my sideshow speeder bike. (Different company and 1/4 scale) but I still think this thing will go for well over 1k. I'm thinking about 12-$1400.

I remember paying a bit under 1k for my sideshow speeder bike. (Different company and 1/4 scale) but I still think this thing will go for well over 1k. I'm thinking about 12-$1400.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Let's take the 6ft Toys r Us Falcon. My favorite piece of all time and I will have one again.

Yes, I know, not accurate bla, bla.

The thing is basically two plastic haves stuck together. They were made quick, cheap and after nearly 20 years they are all just fine.

If you think about it a hard plastic Falcon shell is not that big of a deal for a huge company as the 6ft Falcon showed

OR do it Deago style piece by piece.

The naysayers said there would never be another S.S. Falcon after the MR. If I described the Deago plan before they did it people would have said I was crazy. Can't be done, etc.

You can add interiors or leave it as a shell with that amazing cockpit.

Yes it is insane and probably won't happen but not because it "can't be done." The "it can't be done" people are the same ones who always claim they like out of the box thinking.

It can be done.

The Cockpit.

Shell pieces

Various details "sets"

Interiors for upgrades, etc.

It can be done it's just a question of if it will be.

Mailing DVDs to people sounded like the dumbest idea I had ever heard. Last I checked Netflix is swimming in money.

Every great thing ever done has been surrounded by people saying it can't be done.

My hope for something a bit more reasonable is a small section of the Tantive IV hallway. Say the doorway and the first small section of walls. And by small I mean something no more than 15" to 18" long for the hallway and whatever the correct width and height would be. I need to be able to fit it on my shelve. I can only be so crazy.

I`ll vote for the Sandcrawler next! Full RC, lights, sound, the main door opens and the stairs go down automatically;) I would be in Heaven!

Sand crawler would be huge! I'd like to see a Slave 1 :cool, X wing, A wing, Snow speeder, Land speeder etc. They'd all be a reasonable size although Slave 1 would still be pretty big :D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back