Terminator: Genisys

I'd consider that a pretty big spoiler too. It's a shame trailers give away everything these days. The movie looks fun, but some of those effects are a bit below par, including the aforementioned image (although it looks a bit better in motion), and Arnie on the highway smashing into the car. Maybe they were over-ambitious and over-extended themselves, because it looks like there are a lot of effects.
I don't expect this to live up to T1 or T2, but I'm optimistic it will be an enjoyable film at least.

The Skynet tech has just gotten stupid in the films after T2. The intricacy of that female Terminator in the 3rd movie, this bizarre organic tech that
John seems made of now
... It just doesn't seem like it could possibly be the most efficient way for the machines to rid the world of humanity. They already had a time machine and very capable solid weapons/vehicles/soldiers. Is the AI bored or something? Doesn't it seem like it's paying maybe a little too much attention/respect to the Conners?

What makes me MOST nervous about the trailer, is the very end when we see old Arnold vs young Arnold. It clearly takes place before young Arnold steals the clothes, and unless the battle involves ridiculous 'Austin Powers style' censoring, then it appears the Ken doll rumors might be true....

Terminator-Genisys-Naked-Arnold-1984.jpg

Not that I WANT to see Arnold's wiener schnitzel, mind you, but it throws out tons of continuity and common sense!!

Wouldn't a terminator need a living heart for the skin to stay alive?

Cameron's concept was that T-800's have small organs that sustain the living flesh and produce sweat and so on.
Like this guy says:
Woah, that's shoddy CGI here… @glunark: in T-II Cameron said, Terminator do have a cloned chicken sized heart to deliver nutrients and oxygen to the tissue cover. They also have a kind of throat duct and a modified stomache to process food completely.

:thumbsup

Once again, the trailer spoils what could have been an awesome surprise. (Just like they did with Judgment Day, when you see from the outset that Arnold is the good guy.)

It's a good thing ESB didn't go that route. Or Sixth Sense. Or Usual Suspects...

That new trailer made my almost hyperventilate. WOW. I am so, so, so stoked for this movie. Glad they're not rehashing the same old same old, but taking the changes TS should have.

Why would Sarah recognise the grown up version of her son?

Maybe her father Termie knew how he looked and described him to her? This trailer really shows stuff they gotta keep off the screens until the theater. Its amazing that it was kept under wraps and we hadnt heard about it. Why oh why does Sarah call the T-800 "Him?" We know he is a machine, and damn well know he has no male parts, so why call him that? Just because she's emotionally attached and wants him to be human? She also taught it how to properly smile, i guess it would learn that since it has detailed files of the human anatomy and stuff. Unless that was rewritten in this film too lol

- - - Updated - - -

Why would Sarah recognise the grown up version of her son?

Maybe her father Termie knew how he looked and described him to her? This trailer really shows stuff they gotta keep off the screens until the theater. Its amazing that it was kept under wraps and we hadnt heard about it. Why oh why does Sarah call the T-800 "Him?" We know he is a machine, and damn well know he has no male parts, so why call him that? Just because she's emotionally attached and wants him to be human? She also taught it how to properly smile, i guess it would learn that since it has detailed files of the human anatomy and stuff. Unless that was rewritten in this film too lol

Why oh why does Sarah call the T-800 "Him?" We know he is a machine, and damn well know he has no male parts, so why call him that? Just because she's emotionally attached and wants him to be human? l

Really? That is what you are going to pick apart? Why do we give cars and boats girls' names and refer to them as she? Why do we give people names to big storms and refer to them as he or she? Why wouldn't she refer to the T-800 as him? Everyone refers to R2-D2 and C-3PO as he and him.

- - - Updated - - -

Why oh why does Sarah call the T-800 "Him?" We know he is a machine, and damn well know he has no male parts, so why call him that? Just because she's emotionally attached and wants him to be human? l

#$%DAMMIT!!! What is wrong with this forum and these double and triple posts??!!!!

In the previous films, the humans very, very often refer to the terminators as "it" although the 800 refers to the 1000 as "him" when the 1000 shows up in the chopper in T2. It just seemed out of place in the canon, but what isn't now right? I guess its another one of those things that has been changed, lots of stuff changed, i dont like change! :lol
Yes, i agree with the posts being updated, i thought it was just my connection but thats happened in other threads as well

So now there's a Terminator version of JC... that is covered with the stuff that make up the human made Transformers in Age of Extinction?

Agreed... this trailer totally spoiled the movie. I'm shocked they revealed that much in the trailer.

For the people who have already been critical of this installment, I think they've doomed this movie.
For the type of people that liked Age of Extinction, this movie will deliver.

This movie looks like a colossal turd.... and I'll still see it. It only because I'll be in the states and will try to see every big name summer movie I can while I'm home.
This one will be like paying to see a train wreck is all.

Say, in the trailer, isn't there a continuity with the Golden Gate Bridge being destroyed in comparison to the previous film? I mean, didn't John ride across that bridge in the last film on that hijacked Wheelie Terminator in Terminator: Salvation while heading to San Francisco? Hell, does this mean that they're not even TRYING to have continuity between the recent films?

I mean, didn't John ride across that bridge in the last film on that hijacked Wheelie Terminator in Terminator: Salvation while heading to San Francisco? Hell, does this mean that they're not even TRYING to have continuity between the recent films?

I don't think that was the Golden Gate Bridge. GGB is about 400 miles from Griffith Observatory in LA. Not sure the bridge scene was anywhere near either in reality... I think it was in New Mexico.
I think LA has always been the stage for the Terminator films.

Another thing that seems weird about this new one since it definitely looks like GGB. So is it no longer set in LA?

Funny, both T:G and Ant-Man both start with a view of the GGB.

I don't think that was the Golden Gate Bridge. GGB is about 400 miles from Griffith Observatory in LA. Not sure the bridge scene was anywhere near either in reality... I think it was in New Mexico.
I think LA has always been the stage for the Terminator films.

Except in Terminator: Salvation, it stated that the Skynet's HQ is in San Francisco, and John goes to San Francisco because that's where Skynet took Kyle Reese, back to their HQ.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back