Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

Ah, I did not know this. Thanks!
It's so true. I have a hero and a stunt. Bubble and flat lenses. The flat lenses are so much better, easier to see through.

The bubbles look cool, but man. Coke bottles! Caint see a thing!

By the way, I'm surprised by these Hasbro helmets. Not bad at all! Especially the Shadow Trooper, for $50!

Dadgummit! There goes a chunk of my Christmas $ for a BS Shadow Trooper. Man, I got to stay off this freakin' forum... :/
I just had mine delivered. I'm really impressed, especially for $50 and some change!

Totally worth it!

But yes the "voice changer" kinda stinks.

I just had mine delivered. I'm really impressed, especially for $50 and some change!

Totally worth it!

But yes the "voice changer" kinda stinks.

No $50 here... :/ $70+ and tax on top of it since there's a distribution center here and hence sales tax. Don't care. Want to boost the sound card from the BS and pair it with my eFX with hovi tip speakers and high gain mic... And I'll have a black lid the kids can play in once I get the sound system in the eFX up and running :) Santa is at peace...

R1 has modeled their helmet based on the ANH stunts, which had flat lenses. The heros had round (and fewer teeth).

Also, it's hard to see out of round lenses, headache city.

dicky beer told me that at a con a few years ago. he said you couldnt see anything with the bubble lens.

dicky beer told me that at a con a few years ago. he said you couldnt see anything with the bubble lens.

It's also been said that that Luke's line "I can't see a thing in this helmet" was not scripted. Mark Hamill said this to Harrison Ford when he thought the cameras had stopped rolling. But, the filmmakers decided to leave the line in.

It's also been said that that Luke's line "I can't see a thing in this helmet" was not scripted. Mark Hamill said this to Harrison Ford when he thought the cameras had stopped rolling. But, the filmmakers decided to leave the line in.

How would that be possible when all of the helmet internal dialogue was recorded after filming???

Anyone remember what we had in 1977? I do.

http://www.pomse2001.dk/Don Post Masks/Don Post Masks.htm

Now eat your porridge. Kidding aside, I put this next to my TE2 helmet and could not be more happy.

Nothing would resemble anything close to screen accurate until circa 1998. First we had crappy 'Licensed' masks sold in Halloween stores, then semi crappy garage kits (Marco, FX) hawked out of the back pages of Starlog, then less crappy 'Licensed' helmets (Don Post, Sharper Image era). Then some good helmets found their way to the masses in the early 2000's. After that the flood gates opened.

The masses then had accurate reference material, lucid information via the internet resulted in more and more quality lids.....at a price.

Now, any kid with an internet connection can get a beautiful TK lid at $90..........close to what I paid for a laughable, 'Licensed' hard rubber mask in 1977.

I guess, Im the old guy, who remembers sculpting something out of oil clay while having Episode IV on VHS on pause for hours hahah.

Last edited:

I have to agree. We're so anal over accuracy now. I was 12 years old in 1977 and ANYTHING SW was gravy, now we argue over the curve on the lower ear piece being 3 degrees incorrect :lol......This TK Bucket is AWESOME!!;)....When I was 501st, I wore an MR for 3 years and this Black Series bucket IMHO is MORE accurate...

It's even in my temporary display.

View attachment IMG_2021.JPG

Hmm, there are indeed no scripted lines in that scene, just description of action....which, interestingly, is very straightforward and has none of the comical business done on set, like Han motioning to the passing Imperial inviting him to get in the elevator. So it's very possible---the line had to come from somewhere, might as well have been from Hamill as they were rehearsing and blocking the scene.

Hmm, there are indeed no scripted lines in that scene, just description of action....which, interestingly, is very straightforward and has none of the comical business done on set, like Han motioning to the passing Imperial inviting him to get in the elevator. So it's very possible---the line had to come from somewhere, might as well have been from Hamill as they were rehearsing and blocking the scene.

I think you misinterpreted that bit... Our Heroes get in the elevator, that other officer walks up and goes to join them, Han holds up his hand to indicate 'no', gestures at their "prisoner" to explain why, shrugs "sorry".

I am really annoyed with Photobucket. Something's going on with the site and I haven't been able to upload anything in over a week. And I see from their Facebook page I'm not the only one having that issue. So far I've ground almost all of the interior crap away, epoxied the battery cover shut, epoxied the earcaps, cap, and back together, filled in all seams with epoxy putty, cut out the earcap greeblies to re-position them horizontal, drilled out the slits in the rear traps and the tears, drilled out the aerator backings, cleaned up the frown, filled in the tube slits, removed the faceplate's double-shot rubber neck opening trim... with much cussing, and extended the side edges of the faceplate back about an eighth of an inch.

I've prepped the backing pieces of some wonderfully accurate Hovi-Mix aerator replicas, so once the helmet's painted, I can just screw the aerator caps on. I've got said caps prepped by having been painted and the screen glued in with some black panty-hose backing it. I've got the frown mesh (also backed with black panty hose) cut and prepped. I've got some smoke window tint ready to go in behind the trap and tear slits. I have some bubble lenses on the way (good ones with minimal distortion) and, once they arrive, I'm going to carefully tweak the lens openings for the right fit (this will mostly consist of getting the outer corners sharper, I think).

Still outstanding are to mark off and re-cut the tube slits, finish reworking the earcap greeblies, cut the earcap lower bands' front edge, so the extended faceplate edge fits inside (so the pieces go together the right way, rather than the earcap edges going into the faceplate), and extend the lower return edge to make it more Stunt-y.

Then I have to figure out whether to glue the faceplate in place before or after painting. *heh* Looking forward to it, though. Gonna do the traps and tears and frown and newly extended annunciator grille and earcap greeblies first, then mask them off and rattlecan the rest up to awesome. Five layers of primer, sanded between each, then three of topcoat, in one go. RustOleum Professional Grade has ground up ABS dissolved in suspension. Do three coats five minutes apart so it has a chance to get tacky, but neither too wet nor too dry. Then set it aside to cure for a week. At that point, you'll have it coated in a nice, hard, shiny ABS finish. Same color plastic, primer, and topcoat means if it does get dinged, it'll be the same color all through, unless it happens to be one of the spots where there's epoxy putty filling a gap.

--Jonah

Just checking back in. My Black Series Stormtrooper still looks great. A few month later and I'm as happy with it now as I was when I bought it. :$ Might need to pick up the Shadowtrooper as well. Maybe one more to do up sandrrooper style..

It's never predictable. Look at old Stormtrooper action figures. One leg yellows, but the rest stays white. Same plastic from the same batch. Five years from now, one of these helmets left out in the sun may be all yellow, may have just earpiece go yellow, or nothing.

--Jonah

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back