Tomorrowland "Frank Walker" 1964 Jetpack, WIP.

blastmaster

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi RPF Members,
I've been collecting vintage parts and building this prop since 2 weeks before the movie was release.
Thought it might be easier than it has been, I have gotten to a point to where I wanted to start my own thread. Really proud of this prop. Not going to bore you with a bunch of build pictures just some pics of where I started and where I am now tonight. Thanks for checking it out!
AL
1.JPG4.JPG10.JPGBottoms.JPGE 1.JPGFullSizeRender.jpgHorn button Base 2.JPG

1.JPG

4.JPG

10.JPG

Bottoms.JPG

E 1.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Horn button Base 2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Want. Now.

Thanks Brother,
It will be finished in a week or two, super hard Build, when we saw the display at "D" Land I bought 4 Electrolux Vacuums when we got back to hotel room.
But then I started and Found out that they 3D printed 80% of it, so I am trying to build it with as many found parts as possible, so far the only 3D printing I've done is....the Exhaust Nozzles, the base back plate for the Horn button and now having the finned clutch cover made. but everything else is found parts.
Pretty fun...
Thanks again,
AL

This is really incredible work. I wasn't aware that the original was 3-D printed. Makes sense. You're going about it the hard way, but the feel of your pack will be so authentic. Satisfying. I'm totally jealous. Are you doing the handles and controls as well?

This is really incredible work. I wasn't aware that the original was 3-D printed. Makes sense. You're going about it the hard way, but the feel of your pack will be so authentic. Satisfying. I'm totally jealous. Are you doing the handles and controls as well?

Hey there,
Yes I'll do the Handles and controls but maybe not the Shovels, they are in the lower back area, for him to control turns etc, in theory, But the way I'm going to display it the shovel heads will be in the way but we'll see I do have them , 2 WWII , Trench folding shovel heads. Thanks so much Valor, I really thought it would be easier and I thought a bunch of people would want to build them so I molded my 3D printed Exhaust Nozzles, so I still have a bunch of those for sale. if you want a set Just pay me for shipping and fees and you'll have your head start...........
IMG_2867.JPGIMG_2922.JPGIMG_2921.JPG

Had another part printed so I'm a bit closer with the front view, now just need to work on the back pad, and handle bar controls.
AL
IMG_1290.JPGIMG_1295.JPGJP 1.JPGJP 2.JPGJP 3.JPGJP 4.JPGJP 6.JPGJP 7.JPGJP 1.JPG

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

JP 1.JPG

JP 2.JPG

JP 3.JPG

JP 4.JPG

JP 6.JPG

JP 7.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back