Greedo Blaster Discussion

WTH every time I get rid of a base gun, someone starts making parts for it. I looked forever to find the Greedo blaster parts and nothing ever came up until now so I sold it about a year ago... Same thing happened when I sold the gun for the Jabba blaster! :lol
1uMqSvF.gif

WTH every time I get rid of a base gun, someone starts making parts for it. I looked forever to find the Greedo blaster parts and nothing ever came up until now so I sold it about a year ago... Same thing happened when I sold the gun for the Jabba blaster! :lol http://i.imgur.com/1uMqSvF.gif

That´s why I hold on for every single blaster part I can find until someone/ some day will provide the rest of the needed parts.
I had my real C96 for many years but only converted it ad´fter DEC´s first run of accurate convesrion parts (was originally planning to cannibalise a MR EE)

I also purchased two Rugers about 8 (!) years ago...one will now become the Greedo blaster, the other the Jawa gun with the weird ANH style flashhider :cool

Just have to mold my real tonearm connector and find someone to do the rear end of the "missile side-greeblies" for me...purchased the Stylus brush rods two months ago :)

Markus

I just figured that no one had a clue what the parts were so it would be forever before parts were available. :lol Oh well. I'll have to see if I can find some Rugers cheap somewhere.

Here are some pics of the parts I collected over the years...hopefully I´ll be able to START BUILDING at least one of these in the near future :unsure

I really want to have the tonetable arm connectors first...be it machined or 3D printed

Markus

Here are some pics of the parts I collected over the years...hopefully I´ll be able to START BUILDING at least one of these in the near future :unsure

I really want to have the tonetable arm connectors first...be it machined or 3D printed

http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy138/OdiWan72/2014-06-2421-26-53_zps5cf23526.jpg

http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy138/OdiWan72/2014-06-2421-27-24_zpsa7c6bbad.jpg

http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy138/OdiWan72/2014-06-2421-27-07_zpsf3205076.jpg

Markus

Parts Questions?

1. Does it only take one of the Reade Model kits for a Greedo Blaster?
  2. What size discs are you using? Preferred source?
  3. Did I read that someone sells replica stylus rods at TDH? If so, who?
  4. What is the round black piece in the back?
  5. Are the coaxial connector pieces still readily available these days?

Parts Questions?

1. Does it only take one of the Reade Model kits for a Greedo Blaster?
  2. What size discs are you using? Preferred source?
  3. Did I read that someone sells replica stylus rods at TDH? If so, who?
  4. What is the round black piece in the back?
  5. Are the coaxial connector pieces still readily available these days?

1. The left side of the Greedo blaster is still a mystery to me, but based on what´s known...yes, one RM kit would be sufficient
2. Got a bunch of the imp. discs from Obi1Kenny many years ago, these are the last of the "detailed" ones (still have to add the square cutouts)
3. Yep, got mine from Gavin Williams aka MojoFett over at TDH
4. A snap cover that is also used on the ST communicator, got mine many years ago from lonepigeon
5. They are...check post #15

Markus

I got CSB's 3D parts for the 2/3 of the missle. It includes the stylus brush and tone arm head:

Just curious which material you ordered them in. Was the ultra-detail? I recently
got a set of the Reade Models parts to upgrade my blaster and I'm in need of some
Michell parts, too. I'm fine with replicas as long as they look good.

Just curious which material you ordered them in. Was the ultra-detail? I recently
got a set of the Reade Models parts to upgrade my blaster and I'm in need of some
Michell parts, too. I'm fine with replicas as long as they look good.

yep, frosted ultra detail is what I chose due to the sharp edges of the connectors...will post some pics asap
Chris also offers the stylus rods, BUT you'd have to choose the 10mm bore connectors to go with these, NOT the ,375" ones

how many sets of the Tomtit parts did you get from MAlcolm?

Markus

So there's no source for aluminum record player parts? I'm skeptical about how these 3d printed parts come out. Do they look good?

no record player, but turntable parts ;)
if you know a machinist that is willing to do a run of these, let me know!

IMHO the prints came out very good...I provided toolguy some measurements of my real connector, so it should be pretty accurate :cool

pics asap

Markus

Thanks for the info, Markus! I didn't realize there were different size options.

I ordered 3 sets of the Tomtit parts. Very cool to have some originals. :)

Hey Chris, how sure are you about the PL-259 parts? I definitely see something there in the big blurry photo, but I'm not seeing it in the shot with Greedo and George.

Do you have a better photo you're seeing them in?

EDIT: Also, for anyone who can't find them, I found the "reducers" at Radio Shack for cheap. I bought some PL-259 connectors there as well, but the part that we need (the reducer) wasn't included with them. They sell the reducers separate in the little parts drawers.

Last edited:
Sorry it took a while to upload some pics

here are a few 3D printed connectors (ultra detail plastic) in comparsion with my real (slightly too long) one and a stylus brush rod.
they are a perfect fit, since I provided toolguy the measurements of my real part.

However, if you decide to go with his 3D printed rods, you´d have to chose the connectors with 10mm instead of .375" center bore.
Chris offers both versions in his shapeways online shop :thumbsup

Side-by-side comparsion: real / printed with polished rub´n´buff (this will soften the edges! :( ) / printed with untreated rub´n´buff

and another comparsion

Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back