What is the actual technical name for "worbla" material? Found it...pls delete!

tubachris85x

Master Member
Curious to find out what the actual material is called, as I'd be interested in acquiring it from a more direct or other plastic supply sources. Looking for the technical/material name or maybe even a material data sheet on it

I was looking at this too. I found the 39.5 inch(largest ones they sale i think) for $80 or something. However, yayahan sales it for $65. Cheapest I can find is her tho.

Yeah, definitely keep this up, don't delete :) It's like having the generic name for Sintra, which for those of us in other countries won't be able to find by the brand name only :) Sorry I also forgot to grab the name from my sheet- it is in fact printed on the side of the super sized sheets as they are the full width or at least have a shared edge with the full width as it is manufactred. I recall it definitely does have other applications :)

I have had splints made from a similarly low heat thermo plastic made for my. Aqua-plast or similar is a smoother and easier to maniuplate material but it does have a low heat melt range and so is very easy to deform. Other splint material also will deform in a hot car.

...isn't it also known by "Wonderflex"? (I was gonna' futz around with the stuff a while back, but never got around to buying any... :) )

Re: What is the actual technical name for "worbla" material? Found it...pls delete!

...isn't it also known by "Wonderflex"? (I was gonna' futz around with the stuff a while back, but never got around to buying any... :) )

Wonderflex is a different type IIRC

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking at this too. I found the 39.5 inch(largest ones they sale i think) for $80 or something. However, yayahan sales it for $65. Cheapest I can find is her tho.

You sure? I went to her booth and was asking the dude about it and said they were selling the sheets for $80 with the biggest grin on his face.

Well, they usually bump the prices at conventions xD.
As for the material, I heard very good things from it. People make very very good armor from it. It holds well and stuff.
It's a bit expensive, but you pay for what you get :D
I'm planning on getting some to try later on.

I contacted the company in Germany some months back. Exclusive North American rights are held by cosplaysupplies.com. All other resell what they get from there (according to the company anyway). Sadly, they don't sell direct. And they had awesome materials other than rhenoflex.

Oh well...

Hi, I have a bit of a different question. Will a thin layer of Worbla stick to a layer of Kydex. I'm trying to make a replica armor corset (think Cersei from GoT) and I want to use Kydex for a solid (an reasonably priced) base, with a layer of Worbla to allow for details. I know Worbla will stick to Worbla, but will it stick to Kydex?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back