Star Trek TV Series Remake

The time definitely seems right for it. In addition to the popularity of the movies, there's a distinct lack of space dramas on tv right now--I want more aliens and space ships and fewer vampires and werewolves.

Yeah I'd definetly be up for it.I enjoy JJ trek so the time is right and yes there is a distinct lack of space type shows at the moment.

Ben

If it was done by anyone but one of JJ's pet puppets. I agree with the posters on that site, this guy shouldn't be allowed near the project or anything else for that matter. He and Bay are doing a good job of messing up really good franchises.

I remember seeing the previews for the TNG way, way back. I thought it would surely suck. So happy I was wrong. I so want this to happen and to be good.

It sounds like it would be tied into the lack of continuity of JJ Trek so it probably wouldn't appeal to me but I will keep an open mind about it. If anything it would be visually dynamic and action packed just a bit vacant upstairs.

- No JJ Universe
- no prequel
- no Kirk - Trek is more than Kirk
- bring back the people, who made Trek great: Doug Drexler, Michael and Denise Okuda, Rick Sternbach, Herman Zimmermann, Penny Juday, etc. (except for the Producers)
- do no let studio execs meddle with the original vision of Gene Roddenberry
- make a balance between a DSN driven and imperfect characters and TNG/VOY exploration crew, who deals with not only exploration but Federation intern things. Show the Federation at 2380 (not STO).
- Manny Coto as a show writer.
- Producer must be a Trek Fan to understand the stuff

- No JJ Universe
- no prequel
- bring back the people, who made Trek great: Doug Drexler, Michael and Denise Okuda, Rick Sternbach, Herman Zimmermann, Penny Juday, etc. (except for the Producers)
- make a balance between a DSN driven and imperfect characters and TNG/VOY exploration crew, who deals with not only exploration but Federation intern things. Show the Federation at 2380 (not STO).

DITTO everything above. I agree!

Sounds to me like the media are the only ones throwing around the word "remake." That being said, I'm not interested in anything set in Abrams universe or produced by Abrams. Another thing to keep in mind is that CBS has spoken to a lot of people about bringing Trek back. None of these have gone anywhere.

- No JJ Universe
- no prequel

^This, very, very much this

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back