Pacific Rim

1001062_575353465820598_842194260_n.jpg

That's what I was thinking?

I spoke with a young guy at work and he did say that he had no interest in seeing it. :unsure I may wait for reviews...BUT I DOUBT IT! Looks too much like the Kaiju film I've been waiting for.

Im sure all the 12 year olds where worried about the tracking for star wars too.

Nobody cares about that nonsense. tracking is for coin counters in the studio offices. Dredd is a great example, bad tracking, performed poorly, one of the best movies of that year. Certainly the best dredd.

Paying attention to tracking is for schmucks.

Yeah, I just want to see this succeed. Guillermo del Toro hasn't disappointed me yet.

That guy I spoke with did say he thought Hellboy 2 sucked...:unsure

Next thing you know people will judge whether or not they are going to go to a movie based upon how many "likes" the placeholder website gets before the film has been finished.

The thing is movies weren't designed to be either a definitive hit or bomb after week 1 when star wars game out. Didn't really move that way til closer to 2000.

As it stands now, if you bomb week 1, you're toast. You don't get time to build a rep on your product which is a sad state of affairs.

The thing is movies weren't designed to be either a definitive hit or bomb after week 1 when star wars game out. Didn't really move that way til closer to 2000.

As it stands now, if you bomb week 1, you're toast. You don't get time to build a rep on your product which is a sad state of affairs.
Batman Begins

^ While BB is a reboot, it was still leveraging off an existing and well established movie franchise. PR is a completely new product. Apples to oranges. If PR struggles in its first 2-3 weeks, it's going to be a box office flop, more so considering its big budget.

I for one think the tracking is off. I think the geek community will show up in enough numbers to carry this movie on opening weekend, and then word of mouth will help carry the movie in the second weekend.

I don't think it will flop at the box office, but even if it does, I think it's is the type of movie that will explode once released on disc/streaming. I can see it being one of those movies people really regret not seeing in the theatre after seeing at home.

There is no way this movie can "flop", it could maybe not meet expectations, but the marketing seems to have died down a little bit. Personally, the more I see, the more excited I get, it looks amazing. Im going to be 10 years old again when I see this, and I cant freaking wait.

There is no way this movie can "flop" ...
I don't know about that... The trailers of this movie felt too much like the average "Michael Bay"-type movie like Transformers or Battleship (Battleship not directed but Michael Bay -- but that's my point). "Non-stop action" is no longer exciting to people - they will only make people fall asleep.
Let's hope that this movie is balanced in its pacing - you can't awe otherwise.

For anyone who missed the poster thread.

Odd City Entertainment
Pacific Rim by NE from Odd City Entertainment

Release Date: 07/09/2013
Artist: NE
Title: Pacific Rim
Size: 18×24
Printed by: New Flesh
Signed and Numbered

Regular / Variant
Run Size: 175 / 75
Regular Details: 6 Colors w/ 3 Metallic Inks
Variant Details: 6 Colors w/ 4 Metallic Inks
Paper: French Whitewash Cover 100 lbs.
Price: $45 / $65

nepacrim-gif.gif

Ready for the Austin screening of PACIFIC RIM?!?!? Damn straight you are!!! Limited Print Avail!! - Ain't It Cool News
Pacific Rim by James Fosdike from Odd City Entertainment

"Now this screening is being brought to you by AICN and ODD CITY ENTERTAINMENT, which won a contract to produce amazing posters for the film. When Ramon asked if I'd be down with doing an event in conjunction with one of their poster drops - I said "YES," faster than he could ask the question.

But then asked if LEGENDARY and WARNER BROTHERS were down for it. He assured they were - and then IMAX jumped on board. This screening will be taking place this Sunday, July 7th at 7:30pm at the Regal Gateway IMAX here in Austin, TX"

"How do you get in?

This is simple - Demonstrate your love for Kaiju or Mechs or Giant Robots or plain ol awesome Giant Monsters. If you want your family to come - demonstrate a family love of imagining being a giant monster. Build a dirt castle and destroy it. Make a quick Cardboard box destruction course and destroy. Tap into you wanton crazed beast inside of you... let it out... OR - just write a bit about your hopes for PACIFIC RIM... I can't wait to see this with y'all!!!

So - send an email to HK at AintItCool.Com with the subject line:

I want to drift with PACIFIC RIM!

Then - along with whatever your creative output is - be sure to include your full name and the full names of your guests, up to 3. (for a total of 4)

Get these in before the end of the day Thursday and I'll email the winners and post a notification that the contest is over here! "

"When I saw James Fosdike's print - and then read his quote from him about it, "When I saw the trailer, the image of the young girl on a deserted street watching jets fly over really struck a chord in me. I was reminded of the films, cartoons and comics that I read and loved as a child. I wanted to know what caused that street to be deserted, what the girl was in awe of, and where the jets were going. Lucky for me I was able to find out and create my impression of what was in store!" - Well that sealed it! That little girl, in many ways - she's the center of this film. That moment. Little girl on one end of a street and on the other end... its ONIBABA (technically my favorite Kaiju name, even more so than Karloff right now) That's not a giant robot, it's a little girl - I can't friggin wait! So, if you want a chance at grabbing these sweet posters - get to emailing and playing along. We're going to have a great time! And here's the details on the posters:"

"The Poster that will be available after our screening is by James Fosdike.

Size: 36x24"

Printed by DL Screenprinting

Regular - 175 posters at $45 / Variant - 75 posters at $65"

pacific-rim-final-fosdike-reg_large.jpg

pacific-rim-final-fosdike-var_large.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back