New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

Does anyone have different angle shots of the Galileo phaser drawer?

no, but I found this if you think it might be useful in some way...

phaser_cabinet3.jpg

I got to handle the Phaser at Comic Con. Some plastic but overall lots of metal parts and it had a nice heft to it. The front barrel ring is plated pot metal, so it's a little softer edged than a machined part and a little too shiny, but with a little bit of careful weathering it would be really nice. The molded insert in the case is a soft foamed plastic, really nice. Overall, for $150, it's a great deal. I'm looking forward to owning one... or two :D

I hope it is not pot metal...but I know what you mean.:)
It looks pitted in the pics to me as well, but that could be the photos.
I think they are using (or should be) die cast zinc/zamac. Pot metal is basically solder and very soft and you can cast it from...well, a pot.
Zinc is much harder and casts at a higher temp.

Zink will die cast very well and is plated all the time so there should be no pitting.

The Wand Company person said they were using nickel plated zinc for some metal parts. Some might be real brass like the release button. There's no pot metal that is going to be used on this phaser. I do know that the Wand Company person did say they were going to try for a better satin finish on the metal and the paint if their schedule and budget allowed it.

no, but I found this if you think it might be useful in some way...

http://www.fourmadmen.com/gallery/albums/images/sgcp/thebench/phaser_cabinet3.jpg

Wow, so in addition to the 6 phasers already armed with battery packs, there's an additional 10 battery packs on the sides (looks like 8 in the real screen cap)!? Wow, I never picked up on that for the show. They must have made extra battery packs for props on the show then?

Last edited:
One side was power packs the other side was Phaser-1's.

I forgot what the consensus was over at the TPZ, it was covered in depth over there

Wow, so in addition to the 6 phasers already armed with battery packs, there's an additional 10 battery packs on the sides (looks like 8 in the real screen cap)!? Wow, I never picked up on that for the show. They must have made extra battery packs for props on the show then?

...no pitting is good.
looks like just a bad plating job. It is just the proto so I am sure it was either rushed or not perfected yet.

I just caved in and ordered one of these. Can't beat the price with the 15% off and the features look great. I just hope the P1 doesn't go on a diet between the prototypes and the production models like the Master Replicas version did - I'm still pissed about that!

Last edited:
Startrek.com

You can get 15% off for signing up as a new buyer (basically setting up a profile and making an online purchase). I waited to get my confirmation email after the setup and clicked through that to ensure my offer.

I can't pre-order on startrek.com because I do not have the funds yet. But I got on the thingkgeek list as soon as it was announced a week before comiccon.

Dumb question please. will this company make these continuously. or should I be trying to pre order one?

if you have the money in your account or a cc preorder now,, the money(charge) will go against your account/cc for up to 5 days and then be returned to your account/cc,
remember to sigh up/make account 1st before you place your order to get 15% off your order at check out. The discount will be in your email so check your email 1st and click the email to take you direct to the site, if you have gmail, check on the promotion tab, that's where mine was, not in my spam or inbox.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back