screwed over on etsy

Droderic

A few months ago i ordered a 3d print from Daedalus 3d printing Co off etsy. A few weeks went by and we got an email stating his printer broke down and it will be repaired. It would be just a couple more weeks to got up with his orders. More than a few weeks went by and we sent an email asking if our order has been completed. His reply is that it was in a box and ready to be shipped. Two more weeks went by and we did not get anything shipped. The status of the order says not shipped and would not reply to our inquiries. not he has no store on etsy and we are out money. granted it is not a large amount that was paid. If anyone knows this person. I would appreciate any help getting a hold of this person. I would like to know why i have been screwed over. so if anyone knows this person or knows some way of getting a hold of this person, please help.

Looks like his shop got shut down. I hate it when other etsy sellers give us a bad rep. One of the downsides of etsy 3d prints aside from the general low quality is the 100% reliance on a printer.

Looks like his shop got shut down. I hate it when other etsy sellers give us a bad rep. One of the downsides of etsy 3d prints aside from the general low quality is the 100% reliance on a printer.

There is some quality stuff on etsy. There are toolbags like this everywhere really.

…. If anyone knows this person. I would appreciate any help getting a hold of this person. I would like to know why i have been screwed over. so if anyone knows this person or knows some way of getting a hold of this person, please help.
Some of us are overreacting. He's asking if anyone knows this seller and has a way of contacting them. (The store on Etsy is closed, so other than getting a refund the trail goes cold there, I presume. I don't know how Etsy works.)

Is there a threat implied here? Hell no.

After reading @Doroderic 's post and the replies, I'm understanding that the OP just wants his item. Deal with Etsy, but I warn you if you start a PayPal claim don't close it until you receive your item in hand or your money, since you can't re-open or restart a claim after you closed it. More than likely PayPal will just refund you your money. Use the recovered funds and see if anyone here might be able to help you out with your 3D print. Several members have 3D printers and may be interested.

TazMan2000

yaris are you the etsy seller im talking about. I never mentioned the amount of the 3d print i ordered. Because you hit it right on the nail. Yes it was only $30 i lost. But its the principal of the matter. So if you are the etsy seller. Shame on you for basically stealing money. By chance your not the seller and guessed the right amount. Then stop waisting your time with replying.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Funky Ive tried contacting the seller multiple times before his store closed on etsy. Contacting paypal to get a return on my money is the next step. I would would juat rather get the prop i ordered than the money. Im not asking the rpf to fix my problem. Im an adult and can deal with it.
Don't wait any longer. The seller has failed to deliver your product, refused to answer inquires, and closed up shop on Etsy. The deal has died! Biding your time before asking Paypal not only indicates you don't want your money back, but also ignores that the seller may close his/her Paypal account, in which you're completely SOL.

It's not just YOUR money I'm thinking of. If sellers get away with this because enough victims think "Oh, I don't need the money back, it's no biggie," they will continue to rip off future buyer/victims. That makes me a little angry.

Do the adult thing, submit a claim to Paypal for a refund. Do it TODAY.

@yaris are you the etsy seller im talking about. I never mentioned the amount of the 3d print i ordered. Because you hit it right on the nail. Yes it was only $30 i lost. But its the principal of the matter. So if you are the etsy seller. Shame on you for basically stealing money. By chance your not the seller and guessed the right amount. Then stop waisting your time with replying.

The plot thickens!!!! It would not be the first time someone here scams someone off site and then comes here "incognito" into the scammed persons thread and starts to trash talking them or saying "but that seller is the best, bla bla bla bla bla "

Daedalus 3D Printing Co is out of Lansing Mich.

Op's thread is a heads up....simple as that. I want to know if a seller on another board is slimy. Just like folks over on the 501st would want to know if we banned a seller for bad business.

Just to clear this up, Yaris are you Daedalus 3D printing Co?

$30 ;)

I feel like I'm in a murder mystery where the Detective says, "Only the murderer would know that information."

Well... that etsy seller was from Lansing Michigan. I'm sure the OP could pull payment records and share the name and of the seller. Then someone here who might have had a sale or some records to Yaris, they should be able to compare notes. If it is the same name, PM a mod, and he will be gone faster than you can say "$30.00".

Not saying that they may be a member on this site, but there are 5 members of the name 'Daedalus'. It purely could just be the fact that they love Greek mythology and the God of Carpentry and Crafting and none of them are the seller on Etsy but it's definitely the place to be selling props. Apologies if your of the name Daedalus on here and are completely innocent. But if you are that same seller, you deserve a boot up the sphincter.

How on earth do people think they can get away with doing crap like this? The monies get withdrawn from their accounts either by the bank or Paypal in the end right?

A few months ago i ordered a 3d print from Daedalus 3d printing Co off etsy. A few weeks went by and we got an email stating his printer broke down and it will be repaired. It would be just a couple more weeks to got up with his orders. More than a few weeks went by and we sent an email asking if our order has been completed. His reply is that it was in a box and ready to be shipped. Two more weeks went by and we did not get anything shipped. The status of the order says not shipped and would not reply to our inquiries. not he has no store on etsy and we are out money. granted it is not a large amount that was paid. If anyone knows this person. I would appreciate any help getting a hold of this person. I would like to know why i have been screwed over. so if anyone knows this person or knows some way of getting a hold of this person, please help.

Try Etsy administration and Paypal refund (if you used Paypal). They will help you.

Droderic You can submit a claim to Paypal and if I were you I would also submit a claim to Etsy. We sell so much stuff on Etsy, it's been a great marketplace for us and I'm quite sure they can help get you your money back. Etsy will want to protect their reputation as well as the reputation of other sellers like me. We pay Etsy $1000s per year in fees every year, why we've paid them almost $700 just this month and we're a small shop! That said I am quite sure that Etsy can afford to reimburse you.

My point is this, don't let them get away with it! It's people like that, that can make us all look bad.
Etsy knows who the seller is, they know their address, phone number, social security number, etc. They have to for tax reasons.
They can get you your money back, even if that means corporate has to pay it and recoup it from the dirtbag who ripped you off.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back