Low cost laser cutter (UK only for now)

NormanF

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Unfortunately, this is only available to people in the UK unless you are willing to travel and pick it up in person. I was following this and waiting for the pre-orders to begin so I was very disappointed when I found out they are not shipping internationally. My concern now is when they go into regular sales that with shipping and duties it will cost as much as a Full Spectrum from Rockler. This is an established company, but I have no idea about their quality.
https://vanillabox.myshopify.com/

Also, we really need a section for just tool postings. Unless I missed it.

I like the tool section idea. Wish we could take advantage of this deal in the US. For now I'm just stuck endlessly waiting on my "glowforge".

I'm still tempted to try to get a glowforge. But I am fairly sure I would not use it enough to justify the cost.

Met the guys from Just Add Sharks a few times at Makerfaire and EMF and they're a great lot. Use to use their A0 machine at my old hackserspace too. If you're a hobbyist wanting to mess around with a laser cutter then I'd advise one. I wouldn't want to use one day in day out professionally though as they do take a lot more maintenance when hammered compared to something like a Epliog Trotech.

I like the tool section idea. Wish we could take advantage of this deal in the US. For now I'm just stuck endlessly waiting on my "glowforge".

I gave up on my Glowforge order and cancelled it have ordered a Muse from Full Spectrum Laser, they gave me a discount of 10% of the Glowforge order price if I proved I cancelled my order.

I am in the UK and I didn't think the Vanillabox looked that great if I am honest so I have a Muse coming and will be posting various youtube review videos on it.

I'm still tempted to try to get a glowforge. But I am fairly sure I would not use it enough to justify the cost.

I cancelled mine due to lack of confidence in the company, I don't like the idea of cloud based software with a company that has a questionable future if they went under I would be stuck with a machine I could not use. I choose the muse to replace it because the software is on board so if they went under I could still use my machine.

I gave up on my Glowforge order and cancelled it have ordered a Muse from Full Spectrum Laser, they gave me a discount of 10% of the Glowforge order price if I proved I cancelled my order.

I am in the UK and I didn't think the Vanillabox looked that great if I am honest so I have a Muse coming and will be posting various youtube review videos on it.

How did it work that out? I'd jump ship for anything else at this point.

How did it work that out? I'd jump ship for anything else at this point.

when you cancel you get an email about it with all the amounts that are refunded you just forward that to them. that only seems to be if you do not check the "send to a different account" box,in which case you don't get the email and I had to ask Glowforge for a document to prove the refund and cancellation had gone through.

if you go on the Full Spectrum Laser site and open the chat on there you can ask about it

I should also point out my Muse should be shipping in the next couple of days just waiting on the shipping confirmation so I should have it next week or the week after.

I have to admit it has been a slow process but at least I am getting it sooner than a Glowforge. I ordered around the beginning of march and I had to do it as a wire transfer which can take some time to go through and then they have to reconcile it. if you are in the US you can use a credit / debit card so its probably much faster.

There was a delay because of a change in shipping containers I am told, I think they experienced some issues with the previous method so put things on hold while they sorted something new out.

I also like the fact that most of the features of the Glowforge are in the Muse and there are some that the Glowforge can not do like a removable bottom, optional riser with rotary attachment.

I should also point out my Muse should be shipping in the next couple of days just waiting on the shipping confirmation so I should have it next week or the week after.

I have to admit it has been a slow process but at least I am getting it sooner than a Glowforge. I ordered around the beginning of march and I had to do it as a wire transfer which can take some time to go through and then they have to reconcile it. if you are in the US you can use a credit / debit card so its probably much faster.

There was a delay because of a change in shipping containers I am told, I think they experienced some issues with the previous method so put things on hold while they sorted something new out.

I also like the fact that most of the features of the Glowforge are in the Muse and there are some that the Glowforge can not do like a removable bottom, optional riser with rotary attachment.

That sounds great. I'll start a chat with them to see what happens but I checked their site out and saw that the price tag is $5000 I got in early on GF at $2k and really doubt they will come out to match that. Seems like a steal...

That sounds great. I'll start a chat with them to see what happens but I checked their site out and saw that the price tag is $5000 I got in early on GF at $2k and really doubt they will come out to match that. Seems like a steal...
I doubt they will match the price the best they could off was the 10% I did pay more for my glowforge than $2k I think i parted with $3 - $4k all in

That muse laser cutter looks so slick, I'm going to have to have a look into my finances and invest in one i think. looking forward to your next video though!

That muse laser cutter looks so slick, I'm going to have to have a look into my finances and invest in one i think. looking forward to your next video though!

yeah thats what I thought too which is why i got one, that and I was tired of waiting for glowforge to send me the one I ordered.

the next video will probably be me fixing it then one with setting it up probably and then some on doing first runs and using the software.

Glad your looking forward to the next video ;-) just subscribe to the channel and you will get an email when I release them. thanks for the encouragement ;-)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back