Don Post Deluxe Vader vs. eFX Vader

PHArchivist

Master Member
Here's my old DP Deluxe Vader helmet compared to the eFX just arrived today...

IMG_8296.JPG

IMG_8297.JPG

IMG_8298.JPG

IMG_8305.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8306.JPG
    IMG_8306.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 424
It's interesting how well they actually compliment each other. And it seems you have one of the good shaped DP DLX helmets. Cool collection :)

Thanks bro...!

Good in which respect? Seeing them next to each other, the mouth droop on the DP just screamed at me. Never realized it was that bad. Was that a DP casting defect, or is that how the original was?

By the way this is DP Dlx #591 purchased in December 1996...

Good in the sense that I've seen DP DLX that looks like they were taken out of the mold too fast and left on a table to melt - at least that's the best way to describe the awful pulled out neck, wonky mouth, cheeks and eyes and a dome that has become a little droopy. Sure, compared to the DP DLX master yours has a little warp, but it is not much.

I hope it's okay to post this here. I can't recall who owns the piece and posted it here previously.
Don Post - Master Cast - Vader - 002.jpg

I used to lust for that DP so much. I think it still looks great. Interesting to see the gun metal cheer swapped to the other side. Also, I read somewhere that the higher numbered Vader DP's had bad neck flaring problems. The lower edition numbers didn't have that issue, because the molds they were pulled from were still on good shape. But the more helmets that were pulled from them, they started to sag.
Congrats on getting the eFX, I think they did an incredible job on theirs. Now you have a Vader helmet for both movies. Are you happy you got the eFX?

I used to lust for that DP so much. I think it still looks great. Interesting to see the gun metal cheer swapped to the other side. Also, I read somewhere that the higher numbered Vader DP's had bad neck flaring problems. The lower edition numbers didn't have that issue, because the molds they were pulled from were still on good shape. But the more helmets that were pulled from them, they started to sag.
Congrats on getting the eFX, I think they did an incredible job on theirs. Now you have a Vader helmet for both movies. Are you happy you got the eFX?

Thanks - I am...

Family doesn't get it. Wife said "Sell the other one!" (I said no way!). Son said "It doesn't make sense; having two Vaders". Took a pre-emptive strike with daughter and showed her some of the RPF member collections of 4, 6, and 8 Vader hats.

Plus, my copy of the DP Dlx never quite hit the spot for me due to the poor cast tusks, inaccurate mesh, and horrible orange-peel paint job on my sample. The eFX TRULY looks like a Vader helmet to me, and indeed DOES "hit the spot".

I hope it's okay to post this here. I can't recall who owns the piece and posted it here previously.
View attachment 700493

Not sure if it was me who posted that picture. That is the DP Deluxe Master casting from the amazing collection of Bill McBride (photo from his website and FB page). If I could own one piece from his collection this would be it.

Fun comparison P.H.A.!! Like every casting in fandom both have their peculiarities and it's great to see the earliest licensed replica side by side to the latest. What a long way we've come.

Dave

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back