My DARTH VADER ESB helmet

GINO

Sr Member
Here’s some recent pics I took of my Darth Vader ESB helmet before it’s potentially not mine anymore.
Believe it or not, after all this time I still have not finished out my own personal ROTJ helmet for my life-size (I’ve always used this ESB as a stand in when taking those shots).
So now I’m in the process of finally finishing out my own ROTJ and my other ESB helmet, which leaves me with this additional finished helmet.
Of course I’ll post pics of the ROTJ too once finished. Would be nice to finally see all three helmets side by side.

This guy is going up on ebay sometime this week (because who needs that many finished Vader helmets).
But before it’s gone, I thought some people would like to see some better pics of it.
All the pics I’ve shown up to this point have always been on the full-size display.

It has:
• accurate mouth/chin grills, dome ring mount, lenses, aluminum tusks
• accurate dome ring mount that corresponds to a ring inside the dome
• an extremely glossy hand polished paint finished (no clear coat) just like the screen-used helmets.

So regarding it’s origin (which I know I will get asked) all I’m able to say is that it is an early generation cast from a production made ESB style helmet.
This thread is not intended to initiate a debate, just to show off pics.

I really think that of all three versions of OT helmet, the ESB style had the best look hands down.
And when I think of Vader in his prime, I think of how he was and how he looked in ESB.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So regarding it’s origin (which I know I will get asked) all I’m able to say is that it is an early generation cast from a production made ESB style helmet.
This thread is not intended to initiate a debate, just to show off pics.

I really think that of all three versions of OT helmet, the ESB style had the best look hands down.
And when I think of Vader in his prime, I think of how he was and how he looked in ESB

I agree with you on the best look and Vader being at his prime here.

What does 'production made ESB style helmet' mean?

It looks lovely.

Thanks!
'Production made' means made during the original production, and 'ESB style' means it comes from the UK mold lineage of helmets.
This is not a production made helmet, but it is derived from one.

Really a beautiful helmet there! But adding the generation, i.e. how far from a first generation cast an item is would help clarify things even for noobs, I´d say.

I initially was kinda aroused reading "production made" :D

It's always of interest when Gino decides to post images of his private collection. This certainly being no exception.
It's a beautiful helmet.

What a beautiful piece of art. All of my love and fandom for the original saga represented in a single iconic item.

I hope this question is not out of line...

Has anyone ever made a symmetrical Vader mask?

I cannot remember that this was ever happened!:D

But I have this helmet in my collection...but from what a movie is it...hm..?I know only 3 Star Wars Movies!;)

GINO: A very nice helmet!:):thumbsup

I'm with you Kroenenn77!

Also, I finally pulled the trigger and set it up on ebay. Auction begins tonight at 10pm EST.
When it's live I'll make a proper post in the junkyard.

Beautiful helmet!

It's funny, when I first got into props, I wasn't really into Vader. Sure I wanted lightsabers but didn't really think much of anything else. I kinda wanted a helmet but it was thought of as something to get after I "had everything else maybe". Now, it has become one of the "have to get" items :lol.

Good luck with the sale Gino, I hope it finds a happy, home.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back