Mord' Sith - Legend of the Seeker. The definitive costume research thread.

im working on the agiels. =)

Having looked at the Mord'sith's agiels they aren't too dissimiliar to the old wooden truncheons used by the British Police forces some years ago, with a few mods etc it may be something worth taking a look at? As far as I know they can still be found on the net, I hope this may help in some way?

if you get in good, or already in good, with your local Tandy Leather people, they could probably look up everything used for this. At least, assuming it was purchased at Tandy's. The guy at my store told me that they keep a database of exactly what was sold for what movie/show. Of course, the production house would have to supply that information. If they just sent some gopher there to buy things, there wouldn't be a record.
I also didn't ask him if that's information that can be given out. And...to further make this a useless post, it may not be divided up by character. Since there's a lot of leather work in that show, you may just get a giant list of everything purchased for the show. So, there's that. But hey, it's worth looking into. :lol

if you get in good, or already in good, with your local Tandy Leather people, they could probably look up everything used for this. At least, assuming it was purchased at Tandy's. The guy at my store told me that they keep a database of exactly what was sold for what movie/show. Of course, the production house would have to supply that information. If they just sent some gopher there to buy things, there wouldn't be a record.
I also didn't ask him if that's information that can be given out. And...to further make this a useless post, it may not be divided up by character. Since there's a lot of leather work in that show, you may just get a giant list of everything purchased for the show. So, there's that. But hey, it's worth looking into. :lol

I'm sure its just coincidence that they carry the same buckle. They film and produce "Seeker" in New Zealand. I don't think they have a Tandy there. :unsure

Nice find though. I wish I had the time to start on this. And Darken Rahl for myself to match my gf.

I know two people who worked on those costumes- at least one on the second season ;) They are indeed made in house. They can't say more due to their contracts. I also shop where I know a lot of the trimmings and fabrics come from ;) I've bumped into a buyer several times now.

My suspicion is that the leather and dye and metal parts ware was purchased through Lapco here. They do nice wholesale prices for one ;) No online catalogue but.

That huge hi res photo is interesting. A little photoshop booboo aside it shows some really interesting details. Raw edge to the neckline, mis match of the sleeves, the zip up the front, the low rise waist seam. This is the season two bodysuit which is different to the season one and I suspect those sleeves were recycled from season one hence the mismatch.

Hi. I have an original mord sith costume from the series which I am considering selling. It is complete with boots but no agiel. Is anyone interested?

The Eli had mentioned that he was working on some agiel replicas. Haven't heard anything in awhile.

Sadly this project has gone wayyyy back on the backburner for me as I lost my model (i.e. my girlfriend cheated on me so she doesn't get any more cool costumes). I'm trying to talk a friend into it though, but she's got the skills to make her own. Which would have been a fun project, but I have more than enough to keep me occupied.

You know I want to make one too, Chris. Maybe for DC 2011?

Fantastic find on the belt buckle. I love it when things work out like that...

Sweet! I want a Mord'Sith army. Can I have one? Please?

2011 it is! It'll be fun to try to suss out this body suit pattern.

Why yes, yes you can. :)

I'm gonna get with our favorite corset maker and see about a pattern for that corset. It's pretty straight forward and she might already have that shape...just gotta add the extra lacing section. Are the buckles functional do you think?

Why yes, yes you can. :)

I'm gonna get with our favorite corset maker and see about a pattern for that corset. It's pretty straight forward and she might already have that shape...just gotta add the extra lacing section. Are the buckles functional do you think?

Well, I think the duct tape method is probably the easiest for the corset.

Some of the buckles may be functional, and some decorative.

I'm actually most comfortable with the leatherwork... Err... The not bodysuit leatherwork. We might have to have a play date where I wrap you in duct tape :love.

Probably the easiest way to get the shapes for both the corset and the gorget. Maybe even for the hip belt.

Glad to see you posting btw.

Yea, I think you are right. It really needs to be right shape or it will bunch in the wrong places. ><

Having the buckles functional could be cool and would allow self lacing...

Glad to be on here...a very talented bunch of people!

Make sure, and I say make sure because I'll either forget or slack off, that if we/you ever do this duct tape thing; we take pics and post them here as a tutorial.

I'm thinking for the body suit, we can go one of two ways. Continue the Duct tape idea head to toe, or try a body block method. The Duct tape may be more exact, but the body block will be quicker, easier, and less messy.

Oh definitely, I won't forget. I love making tutorials!

What would we mock it up in? We'd need to check the shaping seams in something, I'm guessing. I think the duct tape method for this sounds like fun. I'm interested in seeing what the shapes look like flat. Or scared...lmao.

I bet we could mock it up in a stretch twill (the kind that barely stretches), or even on the bias of some bottomweight fabric. That should give sort of an idea of the give in the leather.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back