Roddenberry Prop Announcements at Star Trek Las Vegas 2014

There stuff has always been so expensive before, I am willing to go to certain point for quality of course but usually it was too much.

Yeah, some of the stuff was a bit more, but I've been kicking myself for not buying a builtup HMS TOS Phaser with the Brain Makepeace electronics (multi sound and multi sparkling LED lights) ever since. That was worth every penny.

"Warp 50 the 2 year campaign to Star treks 50th anniversery begins today!"

.....and we here at the RPF are in the dark! :lol

Here it is 2 hours later and we're still Star Trek into darkness. Seriously, no one reported back. Anyone watching the twitter and Facebook feeds?

They're going to be offering View-master reels?

That was January's email. I think I would have left that offering out of the teaser. It wasn't teasy enough material.

Here it is 2 hours later and we're still Star Trek into darkness. Seriously, no one reported back. Anyone watching the twitter and Facebook feeds?

Maybe they all died from an overdose of awsomeness...

... It could happen.

I think I might buy some of their View-Master reels... Just for the novelty of it.... I wonder if they'll be re-releasing TOS reels or making new ones?

The Friday 2:50pm panel must not have covered merchandise like they had listed on the Roddenberry site. Hopefully we'll hear about it today.

Okay, the TOS Phaser that is a dead ringer for the Jein Phaser (because it's based on molded Jein parts) and has wonderful Brian Makepeace consulted/developed electronics is a great reveal for me. It may take some time to come, but it will be worth it.

Well the Comm is 6 years and counting.

At least we will have the wand co. phaser to futz with.

Announced for the "Legacy Series":

• Klingon Bat'leh Sword (already released)
• Mark IX Tricorder (coming in October)
• TOS Communicator (in development)
• TOS Phaser (in development)

It will be a hard wait. The Roddenberry forthcoming TOS Phaser will have ALL the features of the Jein Phaser, plus light up electronics. To me that is a groundbreaking first. Even Master Replicas and the Wand Phaser didn't accomplish that.

Add to that the fact that it's being made with quality metal parts and it's dead nuts accurate to the Jein Phaser because it's based off ACTUAL MOLDS of the Jein Phaser (with some cleaning up). And Roddenberry is using a source for this that handles quality replicas that is used to painstaking receations.

Last edited:
Batleth- Made in China, and not accurate or so they say.

Mark IX Tricorder- Well at least that should be easy as MR did that one and eFx released it as well

TOS Comm- 6 years in developement and they are STILL looking for a factory to do this?

TOS Phaser- Looking for Factory to Produce.

The Comm almost makes me want to say that Rodd.com is not really serious in wanting to get these done, but I will give them the benefit of doubt.

That being said I hope the Phaser does not become the Vaporware the Comm has turned out to be

Announced for the "Legacy Series":

• Klingon Bat'leh Sword (already released)
• Mark IX Tricorder (coming in October)
• TOS Communicator (in development)
• TOS Phaser (in development)

It will be a hard wait but the Roddenberry forthcoming TOS Phaser will have ALL the features of the Jein Phaser, plus light up electronics. To me that is a groundbreaking first. Even Master Replicas and the Wand Phaser didn't accomplish that. Add to that the fact that it's being made with quality metal parts.

At least we have the Wand Phaser coming for now. It will have taken Wand Company about 2 years to bring it to market, so keep that in mind.

I have a fully tricked out and modded AA/DST done by USSCassiopeia (Dave Lewis), that has the retracting P2 nozzle when the P1 is taken out and is all fully reworked (including force feedback vibration). That holds me for now. I have my MR too, but that gets less play because I don't want it breaking.

My USSCassiopeia Phaser

USSCP_0035.jpg

Painted brass dial (like on real prop)

USSCP_0020.jpg

USSCP_0004.jpg

Period accurate 10-turn salvaged from a scientific junkyard and aluminum fins. All the metal parts are same as real prop.

USSCP_0001.jpg

USSCP_0009.jpg

Last edited:
Some more pics of my USSCassiopeia Phaser

USSCP_0005.jpg

USSCP_0059.jpg

USSCP_0075.jpg

USSCP_0026.jpg

USSCP_0082.jpg

USSCP_0088.jpg

These pics don't show it, but Dave also made me a brass P1 release and installed it in the P2 body to complete the total transformation.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back