Roddenberry Prop Announcements at Star Trek Las Vegas 2014

redshirt

Sr Member
Roddenberry prop, wardrobe and merchandise announcements at the Star Trek Las Vegas 2014
_______

Announced for the "Legacy Series":

• Klingon Bat'leh Sword (already released)
• Mark IX Tricorder (coming in October)
• TOS Communicator (in development)
• TOS Phaser (in development)

Here's the teaser quote from the Roddenberry.com site:

From Star Trek to Roddenberry and Back Again
Friday, August 1, 2014
2:50pm Roddenberry Theater
The 2014 Official Las Vegas Star Trek Convention proudly presents the Roddenberry Entertainment Panel featuring Eugene “Rod” Roddenberry! Rod will be detailing all the exciting new entertainment properties that his company has in store for 2014. Rod is continuing the legacy of his father and will be answering all your questions on Star Trek, Trek Nation, Roddenberry Foundation and Roddenberry Adventures. Everyone is invited to attend and share in the panel!
________

If anyone is going, please post images and information here on the upcoming merchandise announcements as they are released.

Last edited:
This is what was teased to Roddenberry email subscribers in January 2014.

Screenshot2013-01-12at50801PM_zps7f515311.png

Meh they have been teasing us so long with the comm who cares!

The Wand Co. stole their thunder with the P-2 :lol

The Wand Company Phaser, while a great item, is not meant to be a high end precise "hero" replica. There's still room for quality replica props with all the details and materials of the originals. I hope that is what is coming for us.

You are preaching to the choir here when you say that there is always room for quality replica props but how long has Rodd.com been saying "Coming soon" on the Comm? :lol

Nice to see that they have already put the TNG Batleth up for sale with stand for a nice price!

I think the Roddenberry "Legacy Series" shows they are committed to the prop collectors. The Next Generation Klingon Bat'leth looks like something Master Replicas would have put out. Quality parts and stylish stand with nicely printed documents. The price is nice too considering it's a 1:1 size.

I think the Legacy Series is aimed squarely at the hard-core discriminating fans like us. I'm excited to see if they release a built up TOS "hero" Communicator and Phaser. I'd pay a premium for those. No doubt others would too. The Master Replicas TOS Phaser still sells on eBay for $1000+. And those fragile finicky phasers have been passed around more than a cheap date on prom night, so who knows what a buyer ends up with.

Here's the explanation of the "Legacy Series" from the Roddenberry site.
_____

About the Roddenberry Legacy Series

Building upon a decades-long tradition of producing high-quality, authentic merchandise for Star Trek fans around the world, Roddenberry Entertainment proudly presents the Roddenberry Legacy Series. This ongoing line of collectible prop replicas represents painstaking attention to detail and precision craftsmanship, inspired by original screen-filmed props. We are honored to be working with talented artisans, prop-makers, and manufacturers to offer a variety of iconic pieces, each furthering the shared legacy of Star Trek.
_____

Hopefully they have done a turn around but I will not be excited untill the props are available.

They made the announcement on the Comm 6 years ago so....... :facepalm

I think the Roddenberry "Legacy Series" shows they are committed to the prop collectors. The Next Generation Klingon Bat'leth looks like something Master Replicas would have put out. Quality parts and stylish stand with nicely printed documents. The price is nice too considering it's a 1:1 size.

I think the Legacy Series is aimed squarely at the hard-core discriminating fans like us. I'm excited to see if they release a built up TOS "hero" Communicator and Phaser. I'd pay a premium for those. No doubt others would too. The Master Replicas TOS Phaser still sells on eBay for $1000+. And those fragile finicky phasers have been passed around more than a cheap date on prom night, so who knows what a buyer ends up with.

Here's the explanation of the "Legacy Series" from the Roddenberry site.
_____

About the Roddenberry Legacy Series

Building upon a decades-long tradition of producing high-quality, authentic merchandise for Star Trek fans around the world, Roddenberry Entertainment proudly presents the Roddenberry Legacy Series. This ongoing line of collectible prop replicas represents painstaking attention to detail and precision craftsmanship, inspired by original screen-filmed props. We are honored to be working with talented artisans, prop-makers, and manufacturers to offer a variety of iconic pieces, each furthering the shared legacy of Star Trek.
_____

I hate to be a downer ( I own at least one of every one of HMS's TOS props and am a huge fan of there work) but if you read what the ad for the "Legacy Series" says,

This ongoing line of collectible prop replicas represents painstaking attention to detail and precision craftsmanship, inspired by original screen-filmed props.
it does not indicate they will be offering anything but the same TOS props they have been offering. Maybe it means Rod.com will actually have them in stock occasionaly?

I'm excited to see if they release a built up TOS "hero" Communicator and Phaser.
I am betting they will be selling the same lights and sound versions that they used to sell on Rod.Com for a while (if we are really lucky, those were very well done and easily as cool as the MR).

Just saw that the batleth is made in china.

That in itself does not bode well for "The Legacy Series" :facepalm

I am betting they will be selling the same lights and sound versions that they used to sell on Rod.Com for a while (if we are really lucky, those were very well done and easily as cool as the MR).

I'd love to have the Brian Makepeace electronics with multiple sounds and sparkling LED effects in a more accurate TOS Phaser. I believe Brian consulted with Master Replicas for what we saw, for electronics, in their final TOS Phaser. I love my MR Phaser, but it's too fragile and way too heavy.

Last edited:
Well seeing that the Batleth IS part of the "Legacy Series" and it is made in china, well, all I can tell you is, don't get your hopes up to high because you are going to be highly disapointed.

Give them the benefit of the doubt and wait to see the actual product first.

if Gene Jr was smart and up to producing quality vs quantity there are 3 and I mean 3 prop makers that can produce all tos, tmp's , tng -ds9 and of coarse the enterprise series props. I am not mentioning names but they know who they are and were screwed by Jr hence why rod.com only had AA/DS props in the end .................... just saying that the opportunity for a comeback by rod.com will have to be quality at a reasonable price...............

Firstly, Roddenberry is funding this merchandise out of their own pocket with no guarantee of sales. They have to make money and they are not going to make tons of money off a few fans wanting something as vertical as the high-end replica Klingon Bat'leth. But, they did it anyway. I hated to see them stop selling local prop makers kits and list the toy stuff too. But, some of those same prop shops that Eugene Jr dealt with are helping him develop more accurate props and consulting on development. Looks to me that they are starting to deliver on what you're asking of them. So, wait and see…just saying.

If enough of us ask, maybe they'll bring the kits back.

Last edited:
Okay, the Roddenberry panel is underway at the Las Vegas Star 2014 Convention. Announcements are coming. Does anyone have boots on the ground there?

"Warp 50 the 2 year campaign to Star treks 50th anniversery begins today!"

.....and we here at the RPF are in the dark! :lol

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back