New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

Received my Pro Retail Kit from Mune on Monday. But I'm out of the country for a few weeks, so this kit will have to sit and wait patiently for my return. I'm not being so patient, however.

Kind regards,
Craig

I feel your pain. I;ve had a broken arm for a few weeks and cannot sufficiently play with my retail version lol!

You need to polish the grips to get them translucent, a polish called Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish was recommended to me and it brings them up great.

Took your advice and ordered the stuff right away. Here is the end result. The Kit on top (original super translucent grips) and the previously cloudy grips on my new assembled model.

1008141825_zps1492f6b0.jpg
1008141829d_zpsed0363c2.jpg

Last edited:
And Clutch, ouch! How the heck did you break your arm?

Fell. When I caught myself, my radius smacked into my humerus like a pool cue snapping the ball part off the humerus and splitting it. Not fun.

I got the Mother's Mag polish on order, so I'll be ready to take this thing apart when the time comes. lol

Someone should try sanding the spare butt plate to see if it can be brought to a more accurate looking finish.

Re: New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

Hi clutch I sanded the butt plate and polished it up looks more accurate now :)

- - - Updated - - -

I would post a picture of the sanded butt plate not sure how to :( ??

...I tried using a scour pad just to knock down the shine.

Haven't looked close enough yet to see if it is plated. If only polished, no prob weathering. If plated, you don't want to break thru the plate on the edges ( the thinnest part of plating) or you will end up with some spliain to do. ( and crying)

I gave mine a rub with 1500grit wet and dry just to take the slight texture off then finished in 2000 and polished it up with G3 compound it came up great , I was worried about rubbing the edges thru I took it easy on those but the end result looks much more accurate hoping to get a steel barrel next

...I tried using a scour pad just to knock down the shine.

Haven't looked close enough yet to see if it is plated. If only polished, no prob weathering. If plated, you don't want to break thru the plate on the edges ( the thinnest part of plating) or you will end up with some spliain to do. ( and crying)

Well, I did say try it on the spare one. :)

...I got the kit so no spare...

...you gotta take risks in this world Clutch...you above all should know this! ; )

well on closer inspection I would guess that the nice shinny parts are not plated but electro polished. Very very nice but way too slick for painting the cylinder covers without scuffing. The butt plate is very matte on the HERO and just a little paint on the bottom.

They said they did a bake on paint for the assembled kit.

How did people handle the painted parts for the last kit? Al black? Paint?

I'm seeing Dave at DEC next week about the barrels. Before I do, Does anyone know if DaveG is planning a run?

Kpax, thanks for the details about the finish of the new kit parts. Sounds like a bit of work with Scotchbrite should get them in shape for bluing.

As for the cylinder covers, I painted mine with black Krylon primer and finished with satin black, also Krylon. I then polished the paint with 1500 grit and 2000 grit, finishing with Novus #2. That gave me the semi gloss look with no texture that I was going for.

I touched up a couple corners where I sanded through with Aluminum Black and I was very happy with the results.

Thanks for the tips VFX! Good way to go...

Mfletch80:

Hi clutch I sanded the butt plate and polished it up looks more accurate now

- - - Updated - - -

I would post a picture of the sanded butt plate not sure how to ??

Easy. When you go to post, select the icon at the right, above the text bar. The one that look vaguely like a photo with dots at the 4 corners in between the icon that looks like a film strip and the worlds end globe with red X. ; )

you can choose either "insert image" from URL or computer. From computer, just select that option then brows your fils and select the appropriate one. Select OK and post away!

Hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks kpax that's a great help I will have a go in a bit :)

i bought the assembled kit and stripped the black finish I've been bluing it this week it's coming along ok so far :)
i will try and post some pictures

I'm hoping this works :) pictures to follow
picture of the scuffed and polished butt plate

i recieved my assembled blaster and stripped it down , I removed the black finish with perma blue remover and a grey scotchbrite
it fizzed up a little but removed the black fine , I then sanded the parts with 800 wet and dry and going up the grades ending
with a 2000

then I carried out the bluing process that vfx freak posted in a earlier thread about the kit thanks for sharing vfx freak
it worked great for my first attempt I was pleased with the results it worked much slower doing the 6% dilute perma blue mix
then working a bit of a stronger mix until the desired effect is achieved :)
Here are some pictures of my blaster as far as I've got I haven't touched the barrel as i want to replace with a steel one :)image.jpgimage.jpg

^ That's looking great! Very nicely done, Mr. mfletch80. I'd say that's a huge improvement over the matte black finish. You'll discover that the steel, (once you get a steel barrel from whichever Dave ends up making a run), blues much more easily than the zinc. You don't have to start with such a radical dilution.

Very nice Fletch! If I can get the finished one looking that good, I might end up selling my kit.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back