Alien 3 Warrior Rod Puppet Maquette

Jason, yes - that's the rod puppet sculpt. Never seen those before. And OMIGODWTFBBQ, need to clean pants, etc, etc. Thank you.

More? Yes please, A BIT.

:lol

- - - Updated - - -

PS really can't praise that sculpt enough. Gawd it is beautiful work, eh?

Above and beyond the call of duty, really. I mean the Halcyon Queen burster is taken off the prop, and from that you can see it was clearly sculpted in a rush, maybe in oilbased clay; there are thumb marks on it. This is a whole different standard.

If the Big Chap wasn't so made of awesome this would be my favourite version of the creature by a mile.

Hey, thx for comments !!! Nice pics from the raw sculpt maquette !!! That is exactly the raw posed maquette i own from ADI as well !!!
Here pics from my custom ADI Rod Display !!! enjoy it !!! Alien-3-Alien-3-Rod-Puppet-Maquette-Display-1.jpgaliendogbase.jpgAlien-3-Alien-3-Rod-Puppet-Maquette-Display-2.jpgAlien-3-Alien-3-Rod-Puppet-Maquette-Display-3.jpg

Hello thx for kind comments !!! regarding this ebay listing i would be very careful here !!! I own Mr. Fasanos ADI given Raw cast and i know his rod puppet copy was sold on PiH auction a few jears ago and he never wanted to sell his statue which was on several exhibition already and has had a insurance value at 250.000$ when on travel !!! The first few auction pics with blue background show this special copy of Mr.Fasano and the other "actual" pics seem to show a subtle different statue (mouth sides different and fingers and feet positions and overall detail and such ...which lead me somehow to the possible chance this was a very nice painted upgraded and reposed Burman Studio 1:3 Rod that came out jears ago and sits in my office as well !!! The detail in the sculpt isnt just as good as on the actual Fasano Maquette to me !!! especially the connection from tail to the backside and the missing fine detail on the fingers looks 100% like mine on the Burman Maquette !!! If i am wrong i appologize but something feels "strange" here !!! Maybe some other can help here ???
best

Thanks for the info.
Due you have pictures of the Burman maquette for comparison? Are you talking about the Burnette maquette? I also found it strange that Mr.Fasano would be selling his ADI gift maquette as well,but in these economic times,who knows.

I talked to someone a while back who said that Mr.Fasano tried to sell that maquette at a monsters convention in California,but no one wanted to buy it back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! I have a complete photo survey of one of the Alien3 fellas - is this the same one? (I'm not an Alien3 expert)

If this is the same one, I can send the rest of the pics your way!

http://www.roboterkampf.com/roboterkampf/misc/a31.jpg
http://www.roboterkampf.com/roboterkampf/misc/a32.jpg
http://www.roboterkampf.com/roboterkampf/misc/a33.jpg

Yes,please send more if you have any! Pictures of those pieces are very hard to find!

I contacted the seller on ebay about futher info on the piece and here is the reply I received.

A signed certificate of authenticity from Fasano is included with the purchase. And those are the only photos we have at the moment.

I asked if they can send a pic of the certificate.

Here is the info they emailed me back.

Thanks for your interest.

The piece is at John's house, so we can't get more photos easily. We've been friends with him for many years and have sold numerous pieces on contingency for him.

If you or your party are seriously interested, feel free to make us an offer - at which point we're happy to contact John for further photos, get you a certificate (which we make up in-house at time of sale and would have John sign), or even get you an e-mail from John directly.

We've been a reputable dealer of high-quality film memorabilia with a sterling reputation for thirty years.

However, we're currently in negotiations with a buyer on this piece and we expect it to be finalized within a week.

We're happy to assuage any doubts, but without a serious competing offer, it's likely that John will choose to go with the other buyer.

Thanks for your interest.
Creature Features

Awesome! I have a complete photo survey of one of the Alien3 fellas - is this the same one? (I'm not an Alien3 expert)

If this is the same one, I can send the rest of the pics your way!

http://www.roboterkampf.com/roboterkampf/misc/a31.jpg
http://www.roboterkampf.com/roboterkampf/misc/a32.jpg
http://www.roboterkampf.com/roboterkampf/misc/a33.jpg

These are just stunning. Wow. Is that Chris Cunningham (Halls) btw?

Would love to see more of these shots if possible. A pure bliss as sculpt reference (which I´m eagerly searching for).

Thanks and Cheers.

Been preoccupied with work - will package and upload in the next few days, I hope!

Wow, awesome and many thanks. Don´t rush, I guess everybody is quite loaded with work until the vacation time ;)

And Thanks Willie for these awesome shots. In own this Japanese mag with the pics and it´s dear to me. But it´s sometimes hard to spot all details on the painted maquette. A clay version is always so good to read and i still aim at a most accurate recreation of the dragon ;)

Cheers

Markus

Wow, awesome and many thanks. Don´t rush, I guess everybody is quite loaded with work until the vacation time ;)

And Thanks Willie for these awesome shots. In own this Japanese mag with the pics and it´s dear to me. But it´s sometimes hard to spot all details on the painted maquette. A clay version is always so good to read and i still aim at a most accurate recreation of the dragon ;)

Cheers

Markus

Of course - you get the link I bounced ya last night? ;)

Holy crap!

Thanks moffeaton.Those are the most detailed shots I've ever seen of the clay sculpt! I thought I'd never get to see it from so many angles.Those shot's of the fullsize animatronic hero head are beautiful!

Many thanks!!!

That top picture from the Bandai book is the Mr. Fasano maquette under bright flash lighting.Apparently, that was also the piece that was broken when shipped overseas to an exhibition.The one dimue mentioned was insured for $250,000.

I found mention of it on the statue forum from the guy who worked at ADI and maintained it and others.He also mentions about the Micheal Burnette piece and the SS version.

Well, to clear everything up about the SS piece, the Burnett piece, etc...

The Burnett piece and the SS piece are actually the EXACT same thing, a re-posed version of the maquette/rod-puppet sculpt that ADI did for Alien 3. Fact is, you can't get any more movie accurate than this sculpt because it IS the movie sculpt (the rod-puppet). It has been re-posed into what you are looking at in the pics. The original stood on two legs with arms fairly straight up. Sort of a upright/vertical "superman" flying pose.

As for the color, it's almost exact to movie accurate. Having worked at ADI for years, and having done touch ups on one of these pieces that was given to John Fasano (the A3 screenwriter) and got broken, I can say with 100% certainty... color... near dead on. That said, there's very little chance in the world that the factory paint job will ever live up to what you're seeing here. You wouldn't know it by looking at the pics, but this is a Gino Acevedo designed paint scheme that would actually make the Predator paint scheme look somewhat simple by comparison.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back