Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

westarsmith

Nice job on the metal parts, looks great. :thumbsup

Any chance you may do a run of these ??? I think there may be some interest
I for one need to make my blaster from metal but don't have the machinery.

Last edited by a moderator:

That looks fantastic, westarsmith! Have you thought about weathering/finishing? Specifically with the heat/burn marks on the end of the muzzle, I'm wondering if you would you be able to stick a blowtorch on it to get that effect or would aluminum not react that way? Sorry for such a noob question :p

Good day,
When I saw that Jyn’s blaster was based on a luger, it went to the top of my list. Seems like the “old” days when many of the blasters were based on German weapons.
I wanted to wait for the movie in the hopes that good pictures of it would be available. But there aren’t many good pictures so I ‘ve endeavored to produce my best interpretation of Jyn’s screen used blaster. Thanks for this thread and all the info so many people have contributed.
Here’s what I did: Using 6061 aluminum.
Scaled and machined the receiver side pieces. On the right side I attached a filler piece to the receiver just above the grip to add support and add more metal for the threaded holes. Drilled and threaded holes for the side pieces. The Battlefront images were helpful for these components.
Machined the bridging piece for the top of the receiver and drilled it for the 4 screws. This part was difficult to be sure of so I have interpreted it as best I could. The barrel, tip, and ring were machined. Pretty straight forward as they are easily seen in most pictures. The bar under the barrel seems to be represented differently in many of the drawings , etc, I found in a scene that didn’t make it into the movie but was in some previews, where Jyn is running with the blaster in her right hand and the plans for the deathstar in her left. The blaster is shown in silhouette. The bar under the barrel is thin and doesn’t touch the barrel in front of the ring. It’s also shown when Jyn is crouching, back to a wall, in the street scene. I left a tiny bit of metal in front of the ring to help capture and locate the ring. The other difficult piece is the round greeblie in front of the trigger on the right side. Just guessed at that. Made an inner barrel to fit over and wedge onto the luger barrel and supported by the back of the muzzle tip. Assembled with screws where they show and JB weld for pieces where I didn’t want visible fasteners. The action does not cycle.
I like it.
Here are the parts I made or used and the final (unweathered) blaster
View attachment 699991View attachment 699992
Wow, really nice job!!

Nice. Mine looks similar but with some wonky grooves due to my lack of lathe. :( Will also post pictures when done.

I am still relatively new to the forum, and am not sure if it is OK to link to other sites, but I'll take a risk. Just as a heads up to anyone looking to build a metal model, I just ordered the WE P08 6" blowback airsoft from http://www.evike.com/products/29085/, they have a sale right now, just use the coupon WINTER on checkout and you save 20%. I just got the exact right model for about 1/2 of what I thought it was going to cost. Cant wait to get started on this!

Thanks again to @Dann for the photos of the rear sight. Focused on the rear sight this weekend. I had trouble finding some really good blueprint-like shots from Google, I had to kind of estimate dimensions based on my base model. If someone happens to have a blueprint model or photos of the actual pieces let me know (I've already image searched the crap out of Google, so no need to look there unless you know a cheat code).

A-180 v5 Right [1280x720].jpg
A-180 v5 Left [1280x720].jpg

I decreased the size of the vent holes as per suggestion.

First passes at the rear sights, I need to add the two indentations to the rail on the rear sight. Here's comparisons of the two rear sights
Rear Sight v1 Duo [Side].jpg
New version on the left and old version on the right
Rear Sight v1 Duo [Back].jpg
Old version on the left and the new version on the right

More details, higher resolution photos, and additional photos of the rear sight available over in my thread!

A-180 v5 Right [1280x720].jpg

A-180 v5 Left [1280x720].jpg

Rear Sight v1 Duo [Side].jpg

Rear Sight v1 Duo [Back].jpg

@westarsmith, that blaster is beautiful! I'd totally buy one if you did a run, but most importantly, nice work!

wondersquid (or anyone that can help) have you done the weathering paint up yet? I am stuck on getting the right effect of mostly-worn-black paint. I was just going to spray with metallic grey, then weather with acrylics, but the look is more like chipped off paint versus grime build up. Got any plans or ideas on how you're going about it? Thanks!

I'm going off of this image:
rendition1.img.jpg

First of all, Thain - the schematics look fantastic. And all of the work in this thread has been top notch to read through and drool over. You guys are freaking awesome and do amazing work.

I was directly over here from the Jyn Erso build thread because I was asking a question about 3D printed build kits for Jyn's blaster. I know a lot of you have been simply upgrading Luger models with 3D printed parts, but I'm not sure that's a current option for me. I've been looking at all-plastic 3D printed kits on Etsy and eBay, but I'm going to admit my ignorance on knowing what I should be looking for. While I've put together your typical glue/paint plastic retail models in the past, this is a new area for me.

Any recommendations on a particular kit or seller? Anything I should look out for as a "warning" sign? Please feel free to respond here or shoot me a PM. And thank you in advance for your help!

First of all, Thain - the schematics look fantastic. And all of the work in this thread has been top notch to read through and drool over. You guys are freaking awesome and do amazing work.

I was directly over here from the Jyn Erso build thread because I was asking a question about 3D printed build kits for Jyn's blaster. I know a lot of you have been simply upgrading Luger models with 3D printed parts, but I'm not sure that's a current option for me. I've been looking at all-plastic 3D printed kits on Etsy and eBay, but I'm going to admit my ignorance on knowing what I should be looking for. While I've put together your typical glue/paint plastic retail models in the past, this is a new area for me.

Any recommendations on a particular kit or seller? Anything I should look out for as a "warning" sign? Please feel free to respond here or shoot me a PM. And thank you in advance for your help!
Hello LadyShada, I sell a full resin blaster that is quite durable for trooping. I also have holster makers that create a custom fit leather holster to go with it. If you're interested, here is the thread:
Www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=268131

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm confused...those are clearly two different guns. Were there multiple versions?
Oops, forgot to add second sentence, sorry.

It's one of the late prototypes. It was 3D printed and then the prop-makers made the final version basing on the prototypes.

As far as I know the scope was removed from the final prop because they thought it's a bit too generic (I mean like most of the blasters got them).

I think that prototype is WAY cooler than the screen used. Love the natural grips, shorter barrel and Hensoldt scope.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back