Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

All these recent posts about finagling the V2 spurred me on to altering mine today, as well. Darkened the booster with Alu-Black the best I could (though I don't think anyone will notice it but me), sanded down the finish of the clamp lever, added a light wash of dirt brown mixed with metallic red to the windvane and neck area, beat the hell out of my sq. set screw before repainting the booster and applying new gaffter tape.

All in all...it looks pretty much the same as before!:p Only downside is that the Rustoleum black I used for my booster section isn't the same pitch black as the Duracoat engine enamel I used for the rest of the body way back when I first got it. Beating the hell out of it to chip the paint "naturally" wore the finish down to something more matte and, though still black, looks more faded than the rest. Oh, well. Still more than pleased with how it turned out.

pics or it didnt happen!!! :devil

So I used a normal cycle and masked off most of the saber. Used one of those liquid/powder packs. Both my pommel and booster came out a lighter dull color, not darker :/ I let it go through the hole heat dry as well, so I don't know why I got a different result.

IMG_0077.JPG

So I used a normal cycle and masked off most of the saber. Used one of those liquid/powder packs. Both my pommel and booster came out a lighter dull color, not darker :/ I let it go through the hole heat dry as well, so I don't know why I got a different result.

View attachment 703654

send that sucker through again! might as well throw some table scraps on it or something, this way we aren't wasting so much water. give the water something to clean off :angel

Ran it again in a longer heat cycle, used just the powder cleaner, same result. The square chunk even got some white spots on it.

Ran it again in a longer heat cycle, used just the powder cleaner, same result. The square chunk even got some white spots on it.

Which hilt do you have? As per my informal tests, different alloys will react differently. I've now done the complete SH V2 and at the same time tossed in a piece of aluminum rod made of T6061 - it had no appreciable change after a full cycle, while the SH V2 tarnished like the previous photos I'd posted.

Kylash has starkillers V2. Trent got the result you did with his starkiller V2.

I imagine it must be the cleaning agent kylash is using, since trent got his starkiller to look right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some detergents may not have the ingredients necessary and water chemistry might also play a part - that'll need a lot more testing. :) But which Starkiller run for each saber? It's possible a different alloy was used for the two runs.

I started working on my saber blank yesterday

I decided to forego the dishwasher route and went with light coats of aluminum black on my booster and pommel cubes, prior to applying the paint stencils.

I'm pleased with the results:

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/...A-EEB8-4C3B-8074-56F0C0E5910D_zpsfttc4l9x.jpg

Well that certainly answers my question :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

I started working on my saber blank yesterday

I decided to forego the dishwasher route and went with light coats of aluminum black on my booster and pommel cubes, prior to applying the paint stencils.

I'm pleased with the results:

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/...A-EEB8-4C3B-8074-56F0C0E5910D_zpsfttc4l9x.jpg

How did you apply it to get that result?

I got it in October 2015, so not sure if that tells you which run, I honestly cant remember, but I know it was leftovers.

I'm still hoping once I get my leather dye, that it works in the way we are thinking it did from the Vader/Luke leather gloves rubbing on the metal.

Well that certainly answers my question :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

How did you apply it to get that result?

I masked off the areas I did not want to darken and applied light coats of aluminum black followed by wiping the area with a cloth between coats. The cubes were then lightly scoured with 000 steel wool, as well, between coats.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back