Newt Scamander in Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them

graciefox Thank you! :)

Ahh okay, yeah that makes sense. We have a wool/blend at work that has a similar speckling to it which was why I thought it might be that too. And good to know, I've bounced between a few different sites (one a little more promising on the price) but you could only get 7/8th's of a yard. I'll have to try that out too, as much as I'de like to try and make it from scratch Im not sure if I'll have the time if it's going to take a while to find a fabric relatively close at a good price. That and I need to work on my tailoring lol

I just recently got the McCalls one actually. I'm hoping that the alterations it needs wont be to much of an issue, at least for the vest. After reading through the comments here I never realized just how many details there are to Newt's jacket, especially with the way the back is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone paying too much attention to me knows I'm way too interested in Newt's Boots, I now have a guy working on making a pair custom for me. If they turn out well, I'll be doing a run of them. Should be a couple weeks until I see the sample pair.

I have been working on Newts charm, I 3D printed a test just to see how my printer could handle the detail, and it did a good job. I'll be working on a more detailed accurate charm soon.
IMG_0435.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0434.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
New shot of the boots. I'm pretty sure that the back thing is six sets of eyelets with a leather lace running through them. Not sure if they loop or what, but I'll figure something out.

Back Laces.jpg

Hello! I just popped into this thread to see if anyone else had come to the realization that the swatch shown in the FB Book is likely the one that was over-dyed for the coat fabric, and it seems you guys are all over it. Has anyone found a source for a similar wool yet? I made my first version of the coat last August, before we had so many amazing reference photos, and now I'm working on V2.0, but I'll probably end up using the same solid melton wool I used for V1.

IMG_3986.jpgIMG_3992.jpgIMG_3993.jpg

I was looking into having some made, but there didn't seem to be enough interest. Probably because it would be around $40/yd.

That seems perfectly reasonable if it's a good enough match. I love how much character the diamond weave with hints of green gives the real coat. Were you going to try to replicate the oatmeal-green weave or the post-dye blue? Mark me as interested if you ever do find enough people who want it.

We're looking into doing the tie right now. We can do the coat, jacket, pants, vest and shirt... all made-to-order. Also, we can do the leather Auror coats as well.

We're looking into doing the tie right now. We can do the coat, jacket, pants, vest and shirt... all made-to-order. Also, we can do the leather Auror coats as well.

That's great! Count me in for the whole set please! Will you be posting updates on this thread or another?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back