Doctor Strange

I have seen a longer video, but that was taped with a phone on their TV or something. But it looks great! Anyone familiar with Scott Derrickson's previous work? His IMDB list seems rather short, and this is his first non-horror flick...?

From what I've seen, it looks good, but just wondering if people have seen more of his work and what they thought of it.

I was not sure they would pull this off but after seeing the extended trailer I am hyped for this one now!

Looks like they have moved the release date forward here in the UK to included the Half Term holidays (from the 25th October). Smart move, they should rake it in at the BO as there isn't any competition ahead of a busy November. Go Marvel!!!!

Some extremely positive reviews for "Dr Strange". A few are saying its better than they could ever have hoped for a Dr Strange movie. Benedict C is particularly singled out for his performance, as are the incredible visual effects that are unlike any other Marel movie action sequences yet and which are apparently "trippy". Many are recommending to see this in 3D and the biggest screen available. The story is not as strong as some of the latest movies, but as an introduction to the character its perhaps the best of the them. Also a number of Infinity wars teasers.

I saw the preview screening and O M F G the astral plane and dimensional visuals are insane

I felt like I was tripping balls!!!!!!!

i don't know why, b ut this one just doesn't interest me as much as the other franchises for some reason.

and i know i'm going to have problems with a middle aged white woman as 'the ancient one'..will probably take me out of the movie every time she's on screen.

i'll probably see it anyway though... marvel has not let me down yet.

i don't know why, b ut this one just doesn't interest me as much as the other franchises for some reason.

and i know i'm going to have problems with a middle aged white woman as 'the ancient one'..will probably take me out of the movie every time she's on screen.

i'll probably see it anyway though... marvel has not let me down yet.

There could be a twist with that character, you never know, not all is at it appears perhaps.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/doctor_strange_2016

Well, the consensus seems to be if you DON'T do this on either LSD, magic mushrooms or pot you're going to miss out. I may have to wait until half term is over .

I think you misread it. It's actually worse if you do it because it's already very trippy on its own. Benedict himself said that "If any of you have had some Mushrooms, I feel very bad for you."

There could be a twist with that character, you never know, not all is at it appears perhaps.

Pulling a reverse Rha's Al Ghul just so they could have liam neeson in an important role? I didn't really like that either ;o).

It'd be kind of funny though if they somehow worked that way into the plot. Show an end credits scene they could easily cut out of the chinese version where The Ancient One Reveals his true self in a joke scene. 'I just like to mess with people!'

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back