Death Star Plans

Can anyone lighten up this image to see if we can get some more details. I've been trying but all I can get is the side to show up.
168ac1daf8c452411a9f7ba8cb2e3d9e.jpg

b0e479aa9469a2dcb6f3e7e11cea30a6.jpg

I see no problems here... I mean the other day a friend of mine brought a movie over to me on her portable hard drive.

I moved it onto my laptop, then from there moved it to another friend's drop box...

This is true, but if that movie was "vital to the survival" of your friends, family and ideals you probably wouldn't just put it on a usb stick and throw it at your friends house :)

I used @Dr Talyn excellent high-res photo in an attempt to verify the scale on my diagram. If my scale is accurate, the insulated wiring is 18 AWG which seems reasonable to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my stab at the "beach front" side of the data storage unit. My take differs from @oslm in that I have the centers of the chrome disks as being recessed as opposed to elevated. I am adding my 2D diagram to help continue the discussion.

View attachment 660368

I like your diagram, but after doing a bit more research I think the closest starting point is the following:

Possible backing for prop.png

Now this Hard drive backing plate looks right for the lower half of the prop and they could have added onto it for more details. I am going
to try updating my model to use a mix of your drawing and the lower half and see how it looks.

Later

Oslm

I notice what looks like a white/beige connector with pins just like a hard drive on the backside bottom edge. Just over half the length of the bottom edge.
I think it goes without saying that this is meant to mimic a hard drive but oversized from what I know of.

Let me know what your thoughts are on this bit of detail here....

To me at first glance it looks like battle damage and possibly has a bit of a dent on it. Do you guys agree or do you think its just some greeblie detail and the dent is just a play of light and paint scheme.

Screen Shot 09-07-16 at 12.36 PM.JPG

Ok so this is my first attempt at building out the details. I'm relying on you guys to point out things you think need to change.

I made these drawings based on what I see in the different angles and based on shadows, etc.

Please give me your thoughts.
http://cdn.bluerealmstudios.com/Downloads/RPF_PICS/Plans/plansRender1.jpg
http://cdn.bluerealmstudios.com/Downloads/RPF_PICS/Plans/plansRender2.jpg
http://cdn.bluerealmstudios.com/Downloads/RPF_PICS/Plans/compare.JPG

I don't see battle damage.
I see this.
Untitled.png
Also, you got the grooves in the discs but yours are maybe too thick / deep. it looks more like a slightly beveled groove etched in rather than an open gap.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back