Call me V...My V for Vandetta project

If you look at your ebay purchase history and click on the wig you bought, the item number should be on the url. I only went searching for the wig you might have purchased because I really like your wig. Although I'm happy with the one I own, I'd like one that is fuller looking as yours appears to be. I'd have to message the seller to see if they have one like yours, except in #4 dark brown. Darkest brown is too dark for my tastes. Also, did you send them the buckle file you got from Ewige? All of those products on that etsy page are nicely cut. I don't know why yours would come out as it did if you provided them the file.

If the wig is synthetic yea it will probably burn and melt the wig. Wash the wig in cold water with shampoo and then with conditioner. Place large rollers at the ends and bobby pin it. Place it on a wig stand or something similar and let to dry overnight. Should have a curl to your synthetic wig

If you look at your ebay purchase history and click on the wig you bought, the item number should be on the url. I only went searching for the wig you might have purchased because I really like your wig. Although I'm happy with the one I own, I'd like one that is fuller looking as yours appears to be. I'd have to message the seller to see if they have one like yours, except in #4 dark brown. Darkest brown is too dark for my tastes. Also, did you send them the buckle file you got from Ewige? All of those products on that etsy page are nicely cut. I don't know why yours would come out as it did if you provided them the file.

I will add the link up here for the wig tonight. Darkest Brown Brunette Long Medium Straight Wigs | eBay

I did not send the buckle file, not sure on the details or process used to cut the buckle. After talking to several metal fabricators and metal artisit in several regions in the US and not getting a quote for less than $600..well I decided to go with them. The buckle is 3/16 inches thick (not 1/4 inch and I wonder if that has anything to do with it?)

If anyone has an extra screen accurate 1/4 inch thick precision cut stainless steel V belt buckle laying around you want to get rid of for $40, I will gladly pay the 40 bones and for shipping on it too...as long as shipping is less than $600 ...lol

Last edited:
Thanks. I appreciate you posting the link if you get to that.

So...you didn't send the file? :confused
The buckle must've been laser cut because that's the norm when cutting shapes in metal. Laser cutting allows for clean cuts with great precision. Heck, water jet cutting should too.
Did you at least send them a file you did on your own from tracing the buckle in the photos Ewige posted, or did you have them figure out the buckle design on their own? For what you paid, your buckle looks good enough but I hate to think that you could have had a clean cut buckle if you had sent them the file.

I think Ewige got a quote for $80+ for 1 buckle once, so if you paid $40 for one with some imperfections, then its not bad at all. And its so expensive because you have to pay for the metal plate and then the remaining charge is to "configure" the machine to cut what you want...or something like that. But quotes of $600 to $1200 is just ludicrous.

If you haven't found a belt maker and are on your search for one, you'll definitely encounter more inflated quotes.
Regarding the buckle thickness for screen accuracy, don't worry about it.

By the way, you may want to fix the typo in the title. Had I known about this thread 3 weeks ago, I could have given you some input for this costume.

Gloves suggestions??

I an thinking about these: Tough Gloves Men's Ultra Enforcer Leather Gauntlets Size 6 Color Black at Amazon Men’s Clothing store: Cold Weather Gloves

gloves.jpg

or maybe these: Gauntlets - Black Leather

gloves2.jpg

Anyone know about these or provide another idea????

So it was the item number I posted previously. Thanks for the confirmation. The "Dark Brown" version was the wig I wanted to initially buy but I thought the 14.5 length would have been too short. Nice to know it isn't. And it is a nice wig.
I don't know how you can update the topic title but maybe contact a moderator to do it.

When I was searching for my gloves, I came across both of those. The thing that put me off about the Tough Gloves is their price but of all the gauntlets I saw, they're definitely the nicest looking. I don't know if the cuffs are 4" like they should be, but the width looks close. And they claim to be tough so maybe they're worth the price. Gentleman's Emporium gloves look nice too but what put me off those are the stitched square the cuffs have.

What Ewige and I did was search for normal black leather gloves that look the part more and what I mean by that is simply the way the gloves are sewn, to match the way V's gloves look. We found some that are sewn the same and have the zig-zag lines at the back of the hand, and then had our belt maker cut out cuff pieces from a cuff pattern I mailed to him along with the belt patterns. He also added decorative "V" stitches to the cuffs to further match V's gloves. All in all, the total/subtotal was $45 which is decently priced for more accurate gloves.

If you are thinking of taking the same route we took, just know that you have to search a while for gloves (because of all the overseas low quality stuff you'll find) if you want some with that extra bit of accuracy. If you don't care about the way the gloves are sewn, then buy whatever gloves you want and see if your belt maker can give you a quote for cutting some cuffs. You'd have to sew the cuffs on yourself or be with the person who will sew them on if your gloves have an elastic on them, just to ensure a decent fit at the wrist. Taking this route may be significantly cheaper than buying gauntlet gloves.

Last edited:
Update! Daggers Arrived... I sought out RPF member Wondersquid to create six resin daggers for my V. I saw an old thread and contacted him and he was able to pour a set of six and paint them up. Exceptunal craftsmanship IMHO, worth every cent I paid. Shout out to Wondersquid for helping me out, all I can say is Wow! very cool

10441474_10202948703615763_5479070749080206097_n.jpg

10501613_10202936290145434_2072274069681929996_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Update 2 - My pants have been found on the ground..."pants on the ground" $22.97 got me these dickies brand black 847's

10405655_10202936421228711_8720625334528293885_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Update 3

Hat arrived!!!!! Hatcrafters $92 ready for a fitting!! Working on sourcing the boots and gloves, and arrival of the belt.....stay tuned

10441245_10202948785337806_686162669894180883_n.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back