Tie Helmet new Pep file in testing

You didn't create that mesh. You did a great job refining it, but you didn't make it. You can download the high-res original here: Sci-Fi 3D: The Ultimate 3D Sci-Fi Resource by George Mezori . There has also been other peps with this model, like this one: http://www.therpf.com/f24/file-released-tie-pilot-helmet-pepakura-188517/ .

Hi Diaxus

Apologies for the hijack but miss-information is like Chinese whispers, and I have to set it straight.

Hi Stormie,

Sorry M8 I have to stand up and say something. The Model you quoted I used isn't the one I used. You can find the one I used here:

Star Wars TIE Interceptor with pilot, 3DS Projects In Work #5, 3D MeshWorks, 3DS, NASA, Reference Photos

(You have to look inside the Tie Interceptor) I know I didn't create the original base file, I even state I didn't create the original base file. Please don't drag me into an argument over who created what. And IF just IF Diaxus used the pep I made, then I offered that up for free, and I have no beef with Diaxus.

Hi Diaxus

Apologies for the hijack but miss-information is like Chinese whispers, and I have to set it straight.

Hi Stormie,

Sorry M8 I have to stand up and say something. The Model you quoted I used isn't the one I used. You can find the one I used here:

Star Wars TIE Interceptor with pilot, 3DS Projects In Work #5, 3D MeshWorks, 3DS, NASA, Reference Photos

(You have to look inside the Tie Interceptor) I know I didn't create the original base file, I even state I didn't create the original base file. Please don't drag me into an argument over who created what. And IF just IF Diaxus used the pep I made, then I offered that up for free, and I have no beef with Diaxus.

I was just using your file as a example that the model has been around, no accusations towards you friend but it is the same model. It's been widely used for some time now, so that's why he's setting in the tie. I know this model, it's what started me in pep I messed around with it so much that I know it's topology and shape fairly well. And maybe I'm not understanding something correctly, but just because you offered it up for free doesn't mean someone else get's to take credit for the Mezori's work.

Last edited:
ah, I see where your going at stormie, and I agree with the point your making of the original helmet , the base I started with is Sci-Fi 3D: The Ultimate 3D Sci-Fi Resource by George Mezori as reference and the mesh I use is my own variation of its shape, you can see here the differences between it

my tie.jpgscifi tie.jpg

the mezori mesh is in many pieces as im sure youll know working with it, I have made is a one piece skin (well two as the face has to be separate), it then has been modified many times to work as a pep file that works with paper and card, So this is my mesh that happens to be close to the shape of mezoris as most tie helmets will be, I have changed and rechanged manythings,

also in one of my posts here in this thread I say "this started in studio max with a quite alot of polys (30k+), I then took it into Zbrush and retopologized into bigger chunks, then just reworked it in studio max again to end up with this, I think in all its been around 4 months to get to a pep file "

If you consider this as plagiarism of mazoris mesh then im sorry, and if any others believe that this isn't a mesh I spent many weeks making, then ill happily take down my threads and quit with making pep files for anyone

I hope that helps you stormie

my tie.jpg

scifi tie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ah, I see where your going at stormie, and I agree with the point your making of the original helmet , the base I started with is Sci-Fi 3D: The Ultimate 3D Sci-Fi Resource by George Mezori as reference and the mesh I use is my own variation of its shape, you can see here the differences between it

View attachment 329845View attachment 329846

the mezori mesh is in many pieces as im sure youll know working with it, I have made is a one piece skin (well two as the face has to be separate), it then has been modified many times to work as a pep file that works with paper and card, So this is my mesh that happens to be close to the shape of mezoris as most tie helmets will be, I have changed and rechanged manythings,

also in one of my posts here in this thread I say "this started in studio max with a quite alot of polys (30k+), I then took it into Zbrush and retopologized into bigger chunks, then just reworked it in studio max again to end up with this, I think in all its been around 4 months to get to a pep file "

If you consider this as plagiarism of mazoris mesh then im sorry, and if any others believe that this isn't a mesh I spent many weeks making, then ill happily take down my threads and quit with making pep files for anyone

Except your helmet is in three pieces as the teeth in the frown are a separate object indicated by the brackets surrounding them which is the same on the original model in the .max version. You haven't change much and you can't just reptopo it in zbrush and say it's your mesh, It's still Mazroi's mesh that you've modified. You did a good job re working it for pep, but you don't deserve money for what is essentially the same model. The cheeks tubes are a dead give away.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 329845View attachment 329846

Except your helmet is in three pieces as the teeth in the frown are a separate object indicated by the brackets surrounding them which is the same on the original model in the .max version. You haven't change much and you can't just reptopo it in zbrush and say it's your mesh, It's still Mazroi's mesh that you've modified. You did a good job re working it for pep, but you don't deserve money for what is essentially the same model. The cheeks tubes are a dead give away.

I can see your not willing to believe me unless I send you every file in turn to create this mesh which there is no way I would anyway, the mesh is my own, similarities will always occur when trying to replicate the same models, it could be said that everyone is guilty of replicating Andrew Ainsworths work by your own comment, yes three pieces, the teeth, and there easier made separately to the face, in another mod I have enclosed the whole teeth section for easier fabrication, the tubes need more work as are slightly too round. You may also find differences all over the two meshes from the rams horns to the helmet rim.
But as I said, it seems your in a place not to believe me, so no amount of discussion is ever going change your mind.

and who said I want money for this anyway? evidence in my posts say that my files are free and people can donate if they wish because they like the files.

personaly I think you should be looking more at meshers that rip from games rather than honest meshers with near 20 years of experience.

Some artifacts from the model were left behind or reproduced as shown here in this picture. These lines a usually a product of exporting a model in a .3ds or .max format, but you seem to have confused them for the actual structure.

comparsion2.png
Here is the normal picture without the yellow lines and another comparison.

comparsion3.pngcomparsion.png

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back