Krampus Bells - Anyone Working on Them?

Will do. I'm sure others will get theirs a lot sooner than I as I selected the standard shipping. It could be the New Year by the time they arrive in Ireland :D Did anyone get the express shipping?

The more I look into this film, the more props from it I want! The Dark Elf wooden masks look cool and for some weird reason I really want a knifed gingerbread man!

krampus3.jpg

Well, I missed out on the first run and preordered for March but I wanted one to give as agift this year so I ended up making one. I went to AC Moore and got a box of six bells that were the right size and even picked up a small gift box for a dollar. A little bondo some paint and the trusty dremel and it's done. But to truly display it right I doctored the box up with some blood red costume satin from the fabric store and some homemade hinges( first time for everything). Some paint and this is the end result. What do you guys think?

- - - Updated - - -

Still need to buy two tiny locks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    752.5 KB · Views: 479
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    713.4 KB · Views: 310
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    717.8 KB · Views: 343
Where can I see the image?
Well, I missed out on the first run and preordered for March but I wanted one to give as agift this year so I ended up making one. I went to AC Moore and got a box of six bells that were the right size and even picked up a small gift box for a dollar. A little bondo some paint and the trusty dremel and it's done. But to truly display it right I doctored the box up with some blood red costume satin from the fabric store and some homemade hinges( first time for everything). Some paint and this is the end result. What do you guys think?

- - - Updated - - -

Still need to buy two tiny locks

Pretty good bells. Having spent most of my life in Austria, I can say that if your interested in making props from, or inspired by the film, try researching Perchten clubs, or how to build Perchten masks. You can also buy most of the basic props from the movie with their help, and modify accordingly. I can swear, last Christmas I must have seen a dozen costumes that could pass as Krampus cosplay.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

As requested. Two packages of them arrived this morning. Laughed my ass off when I picked them up, all six of them started ringing in the packet :D must have annoyed whoever had them :D. Excuse the Lego, the Godson has been requesting the F1 Ferrari truck and car... 1 hour in to assembly. I should be in the pub drinking :D

image.jpeg

So about 2 inches in diameter. I've pretty large hands so I thought that they looked small when I first opened them up, but the pic on the start of the thread is an old woman's hands, so no point trying to compare. I presume they are the exact size as the one in the film.

On a side note, good Weta behind the scenes vid here:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back