The Babadook pop up book

Just saw this on one of the pages for people to order as a result of cancellations. The wait time has gotten longer again :D :

"
Please also note that design and manufacturing time is 5 months so you will not receive your book until early 2016!"​

Last edited by a moderator:
What page are you referring too? Didn't see a page on the website to subsrive for a waiting list or something like that? I subscribed to the newsletter, but if I could also susbcribe to be on the waiting list, that would be great...

There was an email to the people on the waiting list on the 30th of August (I signed up, just in case I wanted to purchase more for friends etc), saying that due to some cancellations, there were some available, and the email had a link and a password. I checked it earlier, and it still works.

Just got another update mail. I'm happy I was still able to get into the run of this book. Seems they will probably ship somewhere mid January 2016

Delighted you were able to score one with the link and password. Seems like it worked!.

No refunds for cancelled orders after 31/10/2015, or 10/31/2015.

As cool as this book is gonna be I'm a little worn out on the wait time. Does anyone know for sure if they do refunds?

They'll refund you now up until the 31st of October 2015... after that... no refunds, as I guess that is the day they pay the printers.
Yeah the wait has been ridiculous, but oh well. When the book arrives in January, we'll know if the wait was worth it. Actually, in hindsight, the dollar is a lot more valuable now! I'd make a little profit if I cancelled my three :D

I realize I'm late to the party, but just to clarify, is it still possible to order the book? Or are orders really closed now? I just subscribed to the mailing list, just in case.

I wanted to cancel mine, but was probably too late. So mine would be up for sale.
I would redirect the e-mails I've gotten and would let them know the new name, adress, e-mail, etc.

Yeah, this has been dragging on for ages now. Hopefully see something before Q1 next year otherwise it's just taking the **** then.

I've been trying to get in touch with someone about updating my address (moved recently); anyone got a link on how to do that for these books?

I've been trying to get in touch with someone about updating my address (moved recently); anyone got a link on how to do that for these books?

I'll have to be doing the same shortly (hopefully).

Regarding change of address, one of their emails from 10/6/2015 said:

thebabadook@gmail.com said:
If you need to CHANGE YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS, please DON’T send it to us right now. We will get in touch with each buyer to double check your latest mailing address in the weeks before we ship the book. This is much easier for us and more secure. We will NOT forget you. Everyone will receive a reminder to provide current postal address details, and NO books will be sent out without your address confirmed.

Sadly missed out on this, hopefully it'll pop up on here or ebay. But I hope one of you people who did get a chance to buy it posts picture of it, curious to see what new stuff is added just for this.

November Update

Hi all,

Well we’ve had an exciting and productive time over here in Babadook book land.

We’ve seen the first round of colour proofs of all pages from Insight (our printers), as well as what’s called a ‘white dummy’, which is the whole book made up to show all the mechanisms working, but without any colour on it. The results are fantastic, but they’re not perfect yet, which they need to be. So we’re doing another round of colour proofs and white dummy before going to print. This is a normal part of the process and it all takes time. I can tell you now though the finished product is going to be beautiful. So please hang in there guys.

ca4cbe61-46b4-4dc3-af7b-1ccf3a6466a3.jpg
I went through the colour proofs and white dummy with a fine tooth comb (with Babadook producer Kristina Ceyton in Sydney.) Then we sent the colour proofs to our illustrator Alex Juhasz, and the white dummy to our paper engineer Simon Arizpe in the US. They also had their notes, we jumped on the phone to Insight to discuss them and now the second set of proofs and dummy are underway!
5dd83afb-f562-4c0a-884f-540ba0466ba3.jpg
218d3473-7c3c-43a4-a94e-d4f4d82e5eca.jpg
I’m in the US now and in two weeks we’ll have round two of the proofs and dummy delivered. I’ll get a chance to look over the final colour proofs with Alex Juhasz in person here in the US, which is an ideal scenario. Once they are approved, the books are going to print! YAY!!!
64d38874-72be-4686-9110-b5e14def580a.jpg
ca36b4fe-a0ad-4769-bc92-62930c045c16.jpg
Keep in mind that the printing will be reasonably quick, but then the book itself needs to be glued and put together by hand. So of course that is where the rest of our timeline gets eaten up. Then all those books are going to be hand packed and sent to various countries for delivery. However we are still committed to the early 2016 delivery, and at the moment we’re right on track.

I am so grateful to you for your patience with our beautiful books. I have very high standards, as do all of our creatives on this, so the process has been an involved one. But we are very close now. On behalf of all of us, we thank you for your support and I am excited to say you will be getting a book that I feel is well worth the wait.

Jen
ab2663dc-dcc9-4529-8aeb-312418f6a4bf.jpg
a118751c-7c26-4fc7-b795-9eec9cf7af38.jpg
PS:

A FEW HOUSE-KEEPING POINTS:

• If you need to CHANGE YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS, please DON’T send it to us right now. We will get in touch with each buyer to double check your latest mailing address in the weeks before we ship the book. This is much easier for us and more secure. We will NOT forget you. Everyone will receive a reminder to provide current postal address details, and NO books will be sent out without your address confirmed.

• If you need to let us know a CHANGE OF EMAIL ADDRESS, please let us know this NOW, by writing ‘Babadook Book - Change of email address’ in the subject line and emailing that to thebabadook@gmail.com. We will update your email address now.

Thank you!

The Babadook Team :)

THANK YOU for posting that, Odin82!!
I ordered mine in December and haven't been getting the updates since May it seems.
I've emailed them with no luck and even messaged their Facebook page and all I ever get is 'please give us your email' and it never goes further....
Glad to see it is still in fact getting made and I didn't throw 80 bucks out the window, lol.

Looks like I'll be checking this page for updates, instead of my email!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah hopefully they will ship early 2016. I've got two books on the way but will probably have 1 to sell as my mate doesn't want it anymore.

I guess you won't have much problems selling that second book, Snowfire. I also ordered two of them... ;).

Hah, yeah I am sure someone will be after one who missed out. Hope they package them properly, don't fancy a popup booked arriving damaged :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back