Episode 7 F-11D Blaster Rifle (COMPLETE)

Re: Ep 7 Stormtrooper New Blaster Build (Pic Heavy)

It's a double key hole slot with the bottom slot have a 90 degree sharp turn at the bottom of it. I've seen those slots on many a thing (like the back of a surge protector/power strip or a wall hanging phone).

Yep. Not sure if we will bother just yet since we dont have a set of armor on hand to reference dimensions.

Hello! I have one of the ANOVOS suits and am very excited about what you're doing here! Do you have a rough sense of cost or timeframe yet? Looks great!!

Hello! I have one of the ANOVOS suits and am very excited about what you're doing here! Do you have a rough sense of cost or timeframe yet? Looks great!!

HUH...how comes?
I thought the EP7 stormtroopers were for promotional purposes during Celebration only and not available FS ?

Markus

HUH...how comes?
I thought the EP7 stormtroopers were for promotional purposes during Celebration only and not available FS ?

Markus

Some of us in the 501st Legion were given the chance to purchase them early as part of the marketing effort. It was a crazy rush build under secrecy with little information, but about 35-40 of us managed to finish for Celebration. ;)

I'm also one of the 38 that completed and wore my TFA Trooper at Celebration Anaheim. Like most troopers we want an accurate blaster to go with our TFA Suits.

Last edited:

One of the 75 who got it, an one of the 38 who completed it and attended CA. (Wow! I didn't realize that 38 were completed! It felt like a lot less at the gatherings!!)

EDIT:
Oh... And YES! I am DEFINITELY interested.

- Berbs

Ah, okay. That should be an easy thing to add post-print (we wouldn't be able to print knurling anyway, tbh).

Okay, guys, here it is, pending any significantly glaring issues you all point out... as always, feedback is greatly appreciated, although keep in mind we are working off imperfect photo references so it'll never be 100% perfect (took some time for me to come to grips with that, haha)...

Modeler is Michael Flanagan, modeled in Solidworks

View attachment 470193
View attachment 470194
View attachment 470195
View attachment 470196
View attachment 470197

Some things I noticed. I haven't gone over the whole blaster but the barrel stood out to me right away..

YhSLked.jpg

Hello again! I just want to say this is looking awesome! Quick question - what type of material will this be made of? I know I've used resin casts before and those blasters get pretty beat up during trooping as it's very easy to bust of a small resin piece when you bump into things. It would be cool if it's more durable than that since it's a complex piece that would be nice to not need significant regular repairs.

Nice work!

We were thinking we could offer them as either resin (nice, crisp details) or stunt rubber (much more durable, but also messier details). The price point would likely be the same, however, but you could have one for display or special events and then one for general-purpose trooping.

Forgive me as I'm new to the site and quite late to the conversation. Regarding the stock for the blaster, it could be purchased from ATI and then the ati logo ground off or filled in with putty. The stock could then be molded and then a metal 3d stencil of the correct insignia placed into the mold when the first cast is done.

Please put my name down if there is going to be a run. If you could pm me some of the details that would be great. You doing an amazing job !

Forgive me as I'm new to the site and quite late to the conversation. Regarding the stock for the blaster, it could be purchased from ATI and then the ati logo ground off or filled in with putty. The stock could then be molded and then a metal 3d stencil of the correct insignia placed into the mold when the first cast is done.

Yes, that's the idea.

Yes, that's the idea.

That's assuming they actually did that on the screen used prop. While I personally like the idea and would go for that myself if that's not the way it is on the actual prop then it might make not 501st approved, not that I give 2 hoots about 501st approval but that certainly needs to be a consideration. Besides, wouldn't that be creating an idealized stock and don't people here on the RPF thats the idealizing of Star Wars props & costumes as heresy? But like I said earlier, I personally like the idea of replacing the ATI with the new Imperial symbol and think that's it's a great idea.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

That's assuming they actually did that on the screen used prop. While I personally like the idea and would go for that myself if that's not the way it is on the actual prop then it might make not 501st approved, not that I give 2 hoots about 501st approval but that certainly needs to be a consideration. Besides, wouldn't that be creating an idealized stock and don't people here on the RPF thats the idealizing of Star Wars props & costumes as heresy? But like I said earlier, I personally like the idea of replacing the ATI with the new Imperial symbol and think that's it's a great idea.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

We have almost no interaction with the 501st and thus no idea as to the inner workings of their approval process, what their CFL may look like concerning these blasters, etc. That said, filling in the logo should be a simple matter that could be accomplished in ten minutes using some glazing and spot putty and a bit of hand-sanding.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back