Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ghostbusters Post Release

Yeah, the Gozer Temple set is REALLY cool. I probably won't go after the whole thing, but does anyone know which figure comes with a Terror Dog stone gargoyle?

I wouldn't even call it "loving" the reboot. I'm just anticipating it. I might not like it at all, but I'm fully expecting to revert back to 7 year-old d_osborn once the proton packs are fired up. :cool

...but there's no doubt in my mind, the 84 movie is MY GB. I won't be lovingly displaying the GB16 one-sheet in my office.

Says the guy that openly and continuously makes fun of the director's name. :lol Dude likes to play the victim.

Hasn't it been pretty much confirmed that Target stores have wacky pricing structures, and that it wasn't the toy companies slashing prices to move product? I've seen that Target stores moved the prices back to MSRP this week. THESE TOYS ARE ON SALE-- THE MOVIE SUCKS!
Actually, TRU is trying to move the reboot stuff now. I guess they do not want to get stuck with GB stuff for more than a year like that GB2 four figure set.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Wow. Just when I thought your opinion could not matter less you come up with this little gem.
I guess in YOUR world it isn't humanly possible for any living being to like this movie over the originals. If someone says they do then they MUST have an agenda, right? So if someone tells you they like this one better you are going to call them a liar, is that about right? why stop there? I suppose next you're going to start telling people their opinion is wrong.

You, sir, are a real piece of work.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I'll wait to see if she goes on about how great it is for the better part of the next year finding every article printed to back it up and speaking in absolute hyperbole and passing opinion as fact. :D

She sounds like a 20 something who hates movies older than she is more than anything else even though she's old enough to be the mom of half the movie's crew. Then again looking at the other movies she liked I'm not surprised.

She sounds like a 20 something who hates movies older than she is more than anything else.

hence, anyone who goes on about this new one being better than the old one.

but, god forbid I think that...

I'll have someone harping on me for being crazy on these forums non stop for the past 8 months ;o)

Wow, youre so clever and smart, you must be a hit at parties. :rolleyes

Thanks! And I am...we're having a Ghostbusters screening party, wanna come third-party-to-comment and witness in person?

Yes disasters do make money, but Bay is going off explosions and IP's... Anyone will make money with "TRANSFORMERS" tagged to the front.

Feig has made money from original properties. That's a win on any level in movies these days. That says you can tap into something.

I haven't seen any of the comedies but Bridesmaids... Bridesmaids is REALLY funny, solid flick. The others I didn't check out cuz not my thing... but I'm not going to say they suck either, because I haven't seen them.

And if I go by reviews and box office. They aren't disasters.

You do realize the irony in the statement you made about IP's right? Considering this movie is an existing IP. Ask the guys that made Transmorphers if they made any money... Its so funny when people say things cant suck because they havent seen them. Oh yeah, I cant say WW2 wasnt bad because I wasnt there. Gimme a break. Granted I dont think disaster is the right word for it, its not John Carter or Waterwold "disasters" but still. I think this movie could have been a lot more if it was handled completely differently, if it respected the fans. Ask JJ Abrams how he feels about TFA. And it shows. Ghostbusters isnt on the same level, but if someone cared and respected the source material, they could have done a way better job and appealed to a broader audience instead of "if you dont see this movie youre a sexist" garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! And I am...we're having a Ghostbusters screening party, wanna come third-party-to-comment and witness in person?

Nah, Canada is too far. Thanks for the invite though!

oops...

just to play devils advocate though. if the's are 8pm screenings.. that's BAD....and GOOD at the same time ;o)

I love this one.
'Not looking good for this movie at all.

Have a friend who works in cineworld and he says the turn out has been terrible, they expected it was always going to be poor after the trailers but not as bad as it is.

Also says hes never seen a movie with as many people walking out before halfway and wanting a refund!'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/board/thread/259275678

I like this guy. sounds like a paul feig mess

also. if this is true, ;o) ;o) ;o)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/board/thread/259286311

Last edited by a moderator:

You do realize the irony in the statement you made about IP's right? Considering this movie is an existing IP. Ask the guys that made Transmorphers if they made any money... Its so funny when people say things cant suck because they havent seen them. Oh yeah, I cant say WW2 wasnt bad because I wasnt there. Gimme a break. Granted I dont think disaster is the right word for it, its not John Carter or Waterwold "disasters" but still. I think this movie could have been a lot more if it was handled completely differently, if it respected the fans. Ask JJ Abrams how he feels about TFA. And it shows. Ghostbusters isnt on the same level, but if someone cared and respected the source material, they could have done a way better job and appealed to a broader audience instead of "if you dont see this movie youre a sexist" garbage.

No irony... he was talking about OTHER disasters... Ghostbusters is his current potential disaster.

And I said on those titles " Not my thing...but I'm not going to say they suck either, because I haven't seen them" BECAUSE he's shown through other work (EG. Freaks and Geeks, Bridesmaids) that I know he's capable of funny, solid-structured storytelling. Buddy Cop and Spy movies aren't on the top of my "to watch" list. I'm just saying I didn't avoid them cuz they may suck... I just ignored them cuz... meh.

Though even stuff on my to watch list doesn't get watched... so unlikely I'll ever get around to the B and C list flicks.

I do live near the border, btw. heh.

Its so funny when people say things cant suck because they havent seen them. Oh yeah, I cant say WW2 wasnt bad because I wasnt there.

They are EXACTLY the same thing! Ghostbusters and WW2. Both sucked whether you witnessed or not.

Ghost being shot in the balls? Terrible.

Holocaust? Yup. Bad.

Have a friend who works in cineworld and he says the turn out has been terrible, they expected it was always going to be poor after the trailers but not as bad as it is.

Also says hes never seen a movie with as many people walking out before halfway and wanting a refund!'

What a coincidence! I also have "a friend" who works in a cinema and he tells me that there are lines waiting to get in and the majority of those are immediately walking out after the movie and buying another ticket to see it again!

What a coincidence! I also have "a friend" who works in a cinema and he tells me that there are lines waiting to get in and the majority of those are immediately walking out after the movie and buying another ticket to see it again!

Pictures! :D

Pics or it didnt happen. :lol

I dont get it FJ, why are you trying to be a troll/****** to NeilT?

Last edited:

How am I being a troll? I guess if I don't agree with him I'm being a troll? Giving a POSITIVE spin on this movie I'm being a troll? If that's the case I need to report YOU for trolling ME! :lol

Dude, if you don't like what I'm saying, get over it. Be a big boy! I'm sure if Neil feels I'm trolling him he will let me know. Or I'm sorry! Maybe he DID ask you to ask me for him! :lol

Pics or it didnt happen. :lol

I dont get it FJ, why are you trying to be a troll/****** to NeilT?

In all the years I have been here Neil is right up there with the biggest RPF trolls hall of fame. I have never seen anyone so astoundingly negative in this and other threads but this one takes the cake. Never has one man tried so hard to crap all over a stupid film in RPF history.

Screen Junkies here to add some perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back