Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ghostbusters Post Release

A better analysis would be how many pre sale tickets does a McCarthy/Wiig film sell.

Our largest local theater that actually does some celebrity appearance premiers. And has iMax etc...

1 screen for the first 2 days...

And Bryan this should have the presales of a McCarthy movie+large franchise...

TRON had a HUGE event at the same theater.... LOTS of presales... LOTS of screens.

I'm not agreeing with you on this one.

Our largest local theater that actually does some celebrity appearance premiers. And has iMax etc...

1 screen for the first 2 days...

And Bryan this should have the presales of a McCarthy movie+large franchise...

TRON had a HUGE event at the same theater.... LOTS of presales... LOTS of screens.

I'm not agreeing with you on this one.

Lots of men. All the other major franchises are so male dominated. So is GB. But the way this has been presented, it's appealing to women who are fans of the leads and the director. Women don't care about Tron, or TMNT, or most Marvel films. TFA was so huge because women went. This film will live or die first week on fans of the leads and directors previous work, mostly Bridesmaids. And it's not a large franchise with the same relevance today.

surprised they admitted that much.

like i said, how can you trust positive reviews, at least on a movie you hate? quite frankly you can't trust ANY reviews.

- - - Updated - - -

it would be a nice precursor.

I wonder what F4 pre sell tickets where.

Maybe that'd be a better judgment than TMNT, which has a bigger franchise.

What we really have to wait for is Saturday morning. ugh ;o)

the suspense is killing me. I hope it DOESN'T last ;o).

- - - Updated - - -

I also saw this on IMDB. probably doesn't mean as much as they think, but if it does, interesting.

https://scontent.fewr1-2.fna.fbcdn....=10b401bf8b07c5a35dd278281d18099c&oe=57EB38DD
Neil, look up how many pre sales for Secret Life of Pets over the weekend. This movie will have a really big impact on the reboot. Especially when Sony markets the reboot as a family movie.

Neil, look up how many pre sales for Secret Life of Pets over the weekend. This movie will have a really big impact on the reboot. Especially when Sony markets the reboot as a family movie.

If dory still packs families of 20, I hope it too has an effect.

I was reading that io article..

>>When we made the Ghost Corps deal, [Sony] started just speaking to a number of writers to have them pitch different Ghostbusters ideas. It was around the time that Paul Feig came in with his idea. I think there was a writer hired who spoke to the press way too much. He’d done a thirty page treatment that was later abandoned, but I think [the Pratt Tatum thing] was meant to be this approach. And I think one of the managers of one of those guys had mentioned an interest in one day doing something like that. And I think that got blown up into this conspiracy that the studio didn’t believe in the Paul Feig version. We were all in on the Paul Feig version. Although I think those guys would be great, it was never really contemplated.>>>

I can't believe anything reitman says at this point either. especially the 'we where all in on the feig version'. the leaked emails say otherwise. they only agreed due to getting ghost corps.

I have never seen a summer movie with so few commercials as GB, even the ones that tie in to other products like the car insurance one is barely on. I'm kind of curious if the stink about the movie is actually going to make people wait for it on dvd no matter how they feel about things.

Here's a fun game, guess the opening weekend box office domestically. I'll say $90M and it beats Secret Life of Pets for number one by a bit.

Here's a fun game, guess the opening weekend box office domestically. I'll say $90M and it beats Secret Life of Pets for number one by a bit.

You Sir, are on. No way this film will beat Secret Life Of Pets by a long shot. I'll say $50 million opening weekend.

Collider is a great YouTube channel. They have a special 'Jedi Council' series that is all Star Wars every week.

Check out what it says on their official Sony YouTube page:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR0hpyKjHK_M-ioCNfSqBg

Not the way to handle things Sony.

Can we all just agree that sony is run by 4 year old idiots? I guess they where afraid of the one million count. anyone wanna bet it comes back at 0?
13613298_10154192730000211_3502610082984162643_o.jpg

- edit LOLOLOLOL it's afake.
I'm leaving my own raving info here for clarity ;o)

hope you saved your super 8 paula, because that's all you'll get near to film it on.
sadly, you don't know if he's joking or not, because he's crazy enough to mean it and some studio is batty enough to let him.

13612333_10154192740795211_5444290063514790395_n.jpg

Is anyone else seeing all of the content has been removed?

Hahaha someone got me. It looks like its fake and they lifted the Sony Pictures label.

Here is the real one:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SonyPictures

BUT, the fack account is commenting on GB2016 review videos. Thats how I found it in the first place.....It was commenting on the collider review.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back