DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep Files - New Chest Started

got a question... about the oversize support, it's overlapping in two pages... would i get a problem printing this?? i'll be rearranging the pattern later

Untitled.jpg

When you print it out turn on alignment marks. This will generate a cross in each corner of the page.
You can then draw lines with a pen and a ruler connecting the cross hairs. This will give you exactly where the page spanning pieces should be taped together after cutting out.
I usually leave a little extra white space on one side so I can create a tab to give those pieces a little bit more support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm almost finished all the pep work. Just a few small dongles left to pep.
I'm on the pelvis at the moment. This is where the problems start for me. The glue tabs are so small, its making it hard to bend on the lines... Anyone else have this problem? Its just the pelvis that has these small tabs.

P.S
Thanks Dancin for the files and your hard work.

Hi Blackbm, you should be able to adjust the flap size inside of pepakura designer under edit flaps. I'm not sure if that's adjustable on pep viewer though if you are using that.

Thanks DF.
I finished the pelvis last night. I have both designer and viewer, But I'm new to this and never thought about looking for tab resize options lol.

I Just have the calf dongles, shoes, hands, neck, spine and a few other dongles to do and then I'm onto resin stage :).

Any thoughts on assembly?
Should I glue the back abbs to the pelvis before resin?
Glue the side abbs to the front abbs and then resin?
or
Just resin everything, Then glue what needs to be glued?

When you print it out turn on alignment marks. This will generate a cross in each corner of the page.
You can then draw lines with a pen and a ruler connecting the cross hairs. This will give you exactly where the page spanning pieces should be taped together after cutting out.
I usually leave a little extra white space on one side so I can create a tab to give those pieces a little bit more support.

NOTED! ^_^

another question... is there anymore updated parts in the future? like the back part... just the way you did in chest

Hey Blackbm, I would probably lightly glue the pieces together and then resin and glass. Then cut the parts with a dremel after, this will ensure that everything keeps its shape through the process and you won't get bad warping.

akuzihs, unfortunately I just don't have the time to work on the pep files. I would like to revisit them again in the future, but it'll probably be a while.

Anyone care to post pics of their Dancin_Fool's MKIII suit finished? I just need to see how you all went about attaching the abs front, back and sides. Also, Did you all resin the back and chest pieces separate, then attach them together? Or remove some supports attach, resin, Then detach?

Thanks in advance

I would also love to see some finished builds if anyone has pics. Surreal Studios has an amazing build if you haven't checked it out Blackbm.

Unfortunately I did check out Surreals build. It kinda made me think about my own and if I could ever get it as close to the perfection he did. Kinda made me hesitant on even finishing mine now :(

I'm just starting to resin tonight. Just need to build the neck piece and hands. The rest is pep finished. I also made another helmet last night from sharkheads 2.1 file, But I think I made it too big lol. I might make another helmet tonight on his old 2.0 file, I like the lines on the old one better.

I'll keep this thread alive with updates as I go.
Thanks again for sharing your files and hard work.

Don't despair, I don't think it's humanly possible to match up to the clean look of surreals build. The only other one I've seen was finhead's build.

Keep going trust me all those imperfections will disappear when you have the suit on and you're getting people's reactions. Best part of suiting up.

Yeah, Black... Surreals build is inhuman, like Dancin' said. I originally joined this forum for the sole purpose of making an Iron Man armor and here I am two years later with little to show for it. The key word is "show". I have learned a ton and am capable of things now I didn't think I could do back then. I'll have that Mark III soon, but in the mean time, I've got other things to show for it. And the other thing that Dancin' said, people don't see the imperfections. The people on this board are perfectionists looking for that perfect build, but all the children and general public see is Iron Man (or whoever you're cosplaying :) )

I would also love to see some finished builds if anyone has pics. Surreal Studios has an amazing build if you haven't checked it out Blackbm.

Don't despair, I don't think it's humanly possible to match up to the clean look of surreals build. The only other one I've seen was finhead's build.

Yeah, Black... Surreals build is inhuman, like Dancin' said.

:lol You guys make me smile! Thanks a ton. The end quality of the finished part has to do with first having a great file as a base to work with and second how to work with the filler to finish it. Do not spread filler over the entire part and just sand it down till it is smooth, you lose a lot of detail and SYMMETRY this way. Instead work on smaller areas of the part at a time, apply your filler to the area sand it to perfection then move to another area of the pep and do the same "filler control". I really should put up a tut if I ever get some time to do so.

It took you a couple of years to get your build done too, didn't it, Surreal?

It sure did, about 3 years. But I was only working on it about 4 days a week for a few hours each day. Pep builds in general are a very tedious endeavor. First you have to build the pep model, next comes the resin/fiberglass and finally the filler work, and for me anyhow it took a good month to finish a single piece. I believe my days of pep builds are over or at least a good break, if I build anything from pep again I will use styrene plastic instead of paper which should eliminate about 90% of the filler work. Right now I am focused back into sculpting and have a fun sculpt in the works. :)

just curious what is the height on the suit built for? someone who is like 6ft?

*edit* I also found that at least the hands and feet are missing from the file.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back