Rogue One Costumes Displays at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016

I was there yesterday... Took a ton of reference pics. Glad to share them once I get back to the states and to a real computer. The Death Troopers and Shore Troopers are boss!!! Seems as though they've done a weird hybrid Sandy/Stormy with the orange pauldron and new back pack, but more classic TK armor.

Sure, we got them Shoretroopers, but where are Gravelroadtroopers or Grassyplainstroopers?

Hmmmm, in photos and sizzle reels the regular (revisionist) ANH Stormtroopers don't appear that have any trouble walking on the shore. Weird.

Seriously, we need more specialized trooperz and characters unseen in any other Star Wars movie!

More chrome onez or black onez. Maybe an anodized gold trooper of some kind... Also we need more Imperials in white uniforms in charge of Death Star development.

Because, we all know it wasn't Grand Moff Tarkin or anything...

I was initially a bit put off by all the new troopers and ships as well, but giving it some thought they were just as bad about it in the original trilogy.

Snowtroopers, scout troopers, and royal guards could have simply been stormtroopers; TIE bombers and interceptors could have just been TIE fighters; and A-wings and B-wings could have been X's and Y's.

It's easy to put the OT on a pedestal after growing up with them, but when I honestly examine them, they're not nearly as perfect as my inner 8 year-old would like to believe.

That link doesn't have the right color available.

I ordered from here:
http://lhco.co.uk/Accessories/Footw...n-Men-s-Chelsea-Boots-p1078.html#.V4kxBHiLBEV

The best deal I could find. Havana is the color.

I ordered these last night as well along with the pouches. I went with elk. they are weathered in the reference, so a bit harder to tell which is right. From pics of the havanas that I have seen, have a texture to them. a bit like dimples. The elk are a smoother leather. Honestly, with the amount of weathering on them, it's going to be hard to tell.

I'm starting to think the gloves are very similar to the FOTK gloves but all black.

But looking at the close ups. I'd be inclined to say these are the sand colored ones with a brownish weathering on it. Look close at the side where it meets the sole.
ec906973a20993d41468aaade6684569.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered these last night as well along with the pouches. I went with elk. they are weathered in the reference, so a bit harder to tell which is right. From pics of the havanas that I have seen, have a texture to them. a bit like dimples. The elk are a smoother leather. Honestly, with the amount of weathering on them, it's going to be hard to tell.

I'm starting to think the gloves are very similar to the FOTK gloves but all black.

I think the texture on the Havana is more subtle than some pictures make it look.
I've also seen some pics of Shore Troopers that show the interior lining as light. The Elk is dark inside.
I ordered mine a couple weeks ago. I'll post some pics when they arrive.

The gloves are nearly identical to the FO gloves but black. The leather cut shapes are a little sharper (corners not so rounded as FO). They're probably custom like the FO ones, but there are many similar black mechanics gloves available (Harbor Freight has some for $5.99).

The Stormtroopers are wearing FO boots.

I've uploaded a new album to The Part of Star Wars with exclusive pics from the SWCE exhibit...
https://www.facebook.com/PartsofSW/photos/?tab=album&album_id=939337306188884

As someone who's not intimately familiar with all of the Stormtrooper armor variations, I must say that I love this version! The increased mobility would make something like this much more troopable, I would think.

I agree that Shoretrooper does seem like an odd and very specific specialization of a stormtrooper but I can live with it I guess. I do like the look of them though the prevalent beige and brown color palette is a little unusual for stormtroopers. Traditionally, the warmer earth tones symbolically represented the Alliance. The trooper types we see in the OT did make sense though. We see stormtroopers outfitted for cold, snowy environments when it was necessary and Imperial scouts outfitted for...scouting...and we had not seen other scenarios in the OT where their presence would've otherwise made sense. It looks like the new Deathtroopers were limited as an arm of Imperial Intelligence which had little to no meaningful presence in the OT so that explains why we never saw them. The TIE Striker is apparently primarily an atmospheric fighter, which is interesting, though it's also odd since standard TIE fighters seem to be able to fly in an atmosphere quite fine, even in the OT.

That light area where the leather meets the sole is painted "dirt". I have not ruled out the possibility that some might have been darkened sand colored boots though.
I think either way you go. Elk or havana, you can get to the same result with weathering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think the biggest issue with "Shoretroopers" is that they really seem to be more Armor or Tankertroopers.

Between the ones in the ground vehicle (am I on the only one that got a WWII Half-track vibe from it?), the wraparound visor, and the lack of thigh protection, seems natural that this would be the kind of modified Stormtrooper kit you'd have for someone driving armored ground vehicles.

Some was griping that the Stormtroopers don't seem to have holsters.

I've never studied the Stormtroopers as much as some, so really I only spot the brow rim (or whatever it's called, the black strip) on the helmet being higher or lower, or the lenses. Other than that a Stormtrooper looks like a Stormtrooper. I also may be wrong, but I only remember the Death Star Stormtroopers having holsters.

I'm also really digging those uh Tank Troopers, or whatever they are officially called.

From John Knoll's Star Wars Archeology video, now live on YouTube. Here's the idealized stormtrooper hero bucket, before weathering.
I like the subtle updates.

Capture.JPG

And here is one of his photos of ANH bucket in the Archives...
Capture2.JPG

I think these were also used in the latest season of Dr. Who
Yep, they sure were! They were featured in the episodes "Under the Lake" and "Before the Flood." I actually bought my pair initially because of Doctor Who! Glad to see they have made their way into Star Wars, too. It's always nice when costume pieces can be reused and still be screen accurate.

Last edited:
Anyone find any type of off the shelf solution for the shoretrooper pants yet? Trying to start grabbing what pieces I can so I'm ready once the hard armor pieces become available.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back