DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep Files - New Chest Started

Re: DancinFools Iron Man Mark III Pep Files - Finally Completed

Hey all, new to the forum and the whole pepakura build thing. Got myself both viewer and designer. All I need now is someone who can give a basic tutorial. I have no files, but am looking to build 2 suits. First, the Mark3 then the Mark7. I saw the link to the finalzip for the Mark3. It took me to a page where you can download all files at once, and when I click on it, it asks for a monthly 9 $$ fee. Is this normal? NOT a computer guy, just wanna make sure I'm not buying some software thing that I don't need. Already got the reader for it. Definitely don't mind paying for the design, have been met with a lot of incomplete files and getting frustrated. Don't know how to scale these things or ANYTHING. Again, anyone willing to give me a 1,2,3, step process would be forever grateful. I have read pieces of info on forums, but they don't start at the beginning, it's just bits and pieces of peoples issues. Please feel free to do a private message so I don't get confused looking through all the other forum info. (SERIOUSLY) I am a dummy on the computer. Thanks in advance for any help.
if it took you to 4shared it should be free to sign up and then download theres no subscription unless you wana be a premium member

Two questions, is this set for foam and how do I scale it down to someone who it 5'4?

thanks for making these files dude, i'm 6' 4" 250 lbs relatively athletic build and i've never had suit files fit better without any scaling than these. i'd post pics or start a thread but i think the forums are pretty well covered for Iron Man.
party on dudes

Hi, I'm a new user on here, I only made an account to speak to you brilliant people! I am very interested in creating things, I'm a bladesmith (not professionally) but its a hobby and I love it. BUT, I am hoping to start making an Iron Man MKIII suite in the summer, and have been looking through all the designs and files. And your build is fantastic! I went to download the files from IronManMk3_Final - Download - 4shared but I have a macbook pro and it doesn't recognise the files. Can someone maybe help? I would love to be as creative as you guys and make my own suite but having trouble getting the files. anybody have any solutions?

Thanks!

Lewis

Hi, I'm a new user on here, I only made an account to speak to you brilliant people! I am very interested in creating things, I'm a bladesmith (not professionally) but its a hobby and I love it. BUT, I am hoping to start making an Iron Man MKIII suite in the summer, and have been looking through all the designs and files. And your build is fantastic! I went to download the files from IronManMk3_Final - Download - 4shared but I have a macbook pro and it doesn't recognise the files. Can someone maybe help? I would love to be as creative as you guys and make my own suite but having trouble getting the files. anybody have any solutions?

Thanks!

Lewis

You need Pepakura to view them. You might be able to use Parallels or Bootcamp. (Bootcamp comes on all Macs) But for both of them you need a product ID so if you have a friend then great:) If not... well sorry, you might be able to get someone to make them a PDF. And DF, I made the helmet, but the faceplate and helmet don't have any tabs connecting them. Should I just hot glue it on the beveled edge thing?, or just tape it right next to the edges? It doesn't seem to fit if i tape it, but I wanted confirmation before i went and glued it.

You need Pepakura to view them. You might be able to use Parallels or Bootcamp. (Bootcamp comes on all Macs) But for both of them you need a product ID so if you have a friend then great:) If not... well sorry, you might be able to get someone to make them a PDF. And DF, I made the helmet, but the faceplate and helmet don't have any tabs connecting them. Should I just hot glue it on the beveled edge thing?, or just tape it right next to the edges? It doesn't seem to fit if i tape it, but I wanted confirmation before i went and glued it.

Thanks! I did download Pepakura but that wouldnt open either, but if I had a friend with a non Mac then they could theoretically download the files and change them to PDF for me?

Most likely. Although it may just be simpler if you could ask him for his windows product key so you can just use an emulator at home. But before going to PDF make sure that it is scaled correctly.

what scale would suite a person of 6"4? I'm really looking forward to this!

- - - Updated - - -

Most likely. Although it may just be simpler if you could ask him for his windows product key so you can just use an emulator at home. But before going to PDF make sure that it is scaled correctly.

Thank you for your help! I shall now get started !

what scale would suite a person of 6"4? I'm really looking forward to this!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your help! I shall now get started !

For the most part, take the base scale, divide it by 72, then multiply by 76. because I'm pretty sure it is scaled to a 6 ft guy by default. I got 72, and 76 by converting ft to inches btw.

just want to say that your files are amazing!
i'm building a statue with them, and it looks really good!

wow That's just awsome amm I', building Ironman suit with another files and I just found those and I'll compile thm . soo which scale should I use? I'm 1.88m tall and I'm using robo3687 files and scale 26.5

DF,

started work on the cutting on torso files, and came across a piece (forgive me, don't even know how to screen capture), but there's a small piece around the under arm on the back piece that obviously goes on both sides, but the 2 pieces in the file are drastically different and one looks impossible to cut out as it looks as though the lines overlap in several spots. Hope You can see what I'm trying to get across. So, question is why are two mirrored pieces so different and how do you cut out what looks to be the one designated for the right side when it has so many overlaps? Noticed a couple minor overlaps in a couple other pieces, but nothing drastic that shouldn't be hard to work around.

Thanks.

How to scale for someone who is 5'4? Does Darkside's scaling suggestions work on all pepakura suits? So scale is to 23?

Hey there, I am quite new to Pepakura, and I was wondering if I just flipped the arm file, and so on for the files, so that I will have a both right and left one. For them, also will this fit a guy who is about 6 feet? Thanks! :D

What are the best or most up to date files to use? The files in the .zip in the first post? Or all the individual ones in the second post? Thanks.

Well, after a trip to Disneyland last week and seeing the hall of armor up close I realized how much was wrong with my models. All my models were mostly based off the Hot Toys Mark 3 figure, which I now realize has a lot of little things that just don't match up to the actual Mark 3.

So I decided it was time to pull out the model and start to rework it. I've started with the chest, which I've wound up tearing down and rebuilding a lot of it from scratch. This time around I'm using the original Stan Winston Armor, the Sideshow 1/2 size figure, and the fibreglass Mark 3 from the Hall of Armor as reference.

It's still early but here's a shot of the current progress on an updated chest and shoulders.

New chest on the left, old on the right

s9mb.jpg

bh87.jpg

Sorry I haven't been around to answer everyone's questions, life's been keeping me busy these days and hadn't had much time for costuming, to answer a few of the more recent questions though:

How to scale for someone who is 5'4? Does Darkside's scaling suggestions work on all pepakura suits? So scale is to 23?

You want to take the original scale and divide by 6 then take that number and multiply by 5.333, that'll give you the scale for the files. Don't use the scale from another set of files it won't work.

Hey there, I am quite new to Pepakura, and I was wondering if I just flipped the arm file, and so on for the files, so that I will have a both right and left one. For them, also will this fit a guy who is about 6 feet? Thanks! :D

It should fit a 6 foot person at the default scale, and yup you just want to flip the pieces in pep.

What are the best or most up to date files to use? The files in the .zip in the first post? Or all the individual ones in the second post? Thanks.

The most up to date files currently are the ones in the .zip from the first post.

Maybe your files weren't that accurate.. but they were the bests i've found for the mkIII !!

Can't wait for the new files (i"m working on a suit based on your "final" files).

I realy love your work : keep it that great ;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back