X-Men: Apocalypse

Its ofc not something you can judge cus its of poor quality but a little underwhelmed by it so far. The voice that i presume is apocalypse was odd for me cus i kept on comparing it to the voice of apocalypse in the 90s animated which was ofc great :)

Agreed with the above comments.....his voice is just plain lame. Add to that his "human" size and this just isn't what I expected at all. I seriously hope this doesn't come off as poorly done. I mean with a name like Apocalypse, everything about him should be large just as portrayed in print or in the cartoons.

I am fairly excited for this!

I can only guess that they didn't make him the size he's supposed to be, because Apocalypse can tend to look similar to Thanos to non-fans. And being Thanos is the big Avengers villain of the moment...just a thought.

I really hope Apocalypse has the ability to change size like he did in the cartoon... because he just isn't impressive as is. How did the cartoon version have a more authoritative voice than the film?!

I can't say that I'm overly impressed by the trailer, maybe it's the low quality of it but all I felt was, "meh" when I saw it. That being said, I'll probably go see it anyway, I did rather enjoy the first two in the series so I'm willing to give this one a chance as well.

In one interview I saw, Oscar Isaac said he had to ADR all his dialog for this movie due to an issue with his costume making so much noise when he moved in it. Maybe thats not the final sound f his voice?

Think in the end everyone who is a big fan of comics and superheros will go see this one just as they will go see other ones (even when saying they wont :rolleyes)

Might be very good but in the end my vision of apocalypse is of some1 so imposing that it looks like nothing can beat him.

In one interview I saw, Oscar Isaac said he had to ADR all his dialog for this movie due to an issue with his costume making so much noise when he moved in it. Maybe thats not the final sound f his voice?

I honestly thought this as a possibility. I just hope that the voice has significantly more presence than what we heard. I am really excited for this movie and would hate to be disappointed by the main villain.

Because of the continuity issues of the X-movie universe (even if Days of Future Past is suppose to retcon most of them), I would love to see the Age of Apocalypse timeline adapted for this somehow, someway.

so wolverine without his adamantium claws? :p

I'd said early on that the image of Apocalypse would make or break this movie for me... so I guess that takes care of that.

I'll end up seeing the movie, but they really let the Apocalypse design slip and that doesn't sit well with me. He's supposed to be the biggest freaking badass out there, and he just looks like a bunch of blue and purple garbage bags thrown in a pile.

Think in the end everyone who is a big fan of comics and superheros will go see this one just as they will go see other ones (even when saying they wont :rolleyes)....

I'm just a big fan of the X-men; they're the only super-team I'm willing to accept. Still haven't seen any of the super-stuff this year and I don't intend to, either.

CKC3sRUUkAAdW3L.jpg:large

:facepalm I'd be OK with the look if he was made to be 1 1/2 times the size with a voice to match. Otherwise, that image just isn't "doing it" for me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back