Deadpool Movie

It should be R-Rated. You have a psycho mercenary who cracks jokes, while slicing up people without any remorse and happens to love the boobies, though he's in a relationship with Death! If that's not potentially R-Rated material, I don't know what else to say. Did I happen to mention that he-

df139ae0f740a84013d345b4814ebc4f.jpg

Thank you, Deadpool.

All I have to do is point to the 'M' rating on the video game and Ryan dropping an "ah, **** me" in the test footage and I'm pretty sure if they keep to the character, the MPAA would want to slap an R on it. Even if a few F-bombs are becoming prevalent in PG13 films, between that, 'Pool's other language, and all the violence... Yeah.

Incidentally, I saw a bride and groom Deadpool at Emerald City Comic Con this past weekend. The bride was holding a sign that said "My anaconda don't want none if ya ain't got guns, hon" and the groom's read "I put a ring on it". So Deadpool I was giggling for the next ten minutes or so.

Thing is, an R rating is no real deterrent to younger viewers. It tends to just mean parents go with (after making sure you approve of your kids watching such fare). The rating only means under-18s are restricted, not banned. That whole block -- PG, PG13, and R -- all are just varying degrees of "parents, make sure you check this film out and are okay with your kids seeing it".

--Jonah

I can see the eyes being CG but to me the actual suit looks real for sure. You can see the folds in the right arm and plus you can tell there's someone in it. It looks natural to me.

All I have to do is point to the 'M' rating on the video game and Ryan dropping an "ah, **** me" in the test footage and I'm pretty sure if they keep to the character, the MPAA would want to slap an R on it. Even if a few F-bombs are becoming prevalent in PG13 films, between that, 'Pool's other language, and all the violence... Yeah.

Incidentally, I saw a bride and groom Deadpool at Emerald City Comic Con this past weekend. The bride was holding a sign that said "My anaconda don't want none if ya ain't got guns, hon" and the groom's read "I put a ring on it". So Deadpool I was giggling for the next ten minutes or so.

Thing is, an R rating is no real deterrent to younger viewers. It tends to just mean parents go with (after making sure you approve of your kids watching such fare). The rating only means under-18s are restricted, not banned. That whole block -- PG, PG13, and R -- all are just varying degrees of "parents, make sure you check this film out and are okay with your kids seeing it".

--Jonah

If the film is going to "break the fourth wall" as they said, I'd like him to say **** but have it bleeped out -- then make as aside about it being bleeped out.

I can see the eyes being CG but to me the actual suit looks real for sure. You can see the folds in the right arm and plus you can tell there's someone in it. It looks natural to me.

Folds in the arm aren't any indication that it isn't CG, any competent 3D artist would model the appropriate folds into the costume instead of just basically painting on a costume on top of a human form. I bet that if you looked at that original concept trailer from some time ago you'd have a hard time telling that was CG if you didn't know that it was. I'm sure that Blur took the time to add in folds and wrinkles to make it look more real.

I hope that they acknowledge X-Men Origins: Wolverine by breaking the fourth-wall as a joke.

Would make sense not too. But then again, due to the events of Days of Future's Past, there could be the possibility that some events may have been altered, which may include some of the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. But it'd be funny for him to still make a joking reference to it, only for the other characters not having any idea what he was talking about, and have him to quip, "It's in reference to Wolverine's origin story where I... Oh, that's right, the time travel thing. Like the ending of Back to the Future! Wait... Does someone have a DeLorean around here?" :lol

Would make sense not too. But then again, due to the events of Days of Future's Past, there could be the possibility that some events may have been altered, which may include some of the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. But it'd be funny for him to still make a joking reference to it, only for the other characters not having any idea what he was talking about, and have him to quip, "It's in reference to Wolverine's origin story where I... Oh, that's right, the time travel thing. Like the ending of Back to the Future! Wait... Does someone have a DeLorean around here?" :lol

Exacty! In the comics, he references things that happened in past issues, and it would be a nice nod (especially if he has to explain it since no one would know what he's talking about).

I want the opening scene to be him in the cinema watching origins with some fan boys who start crying and deadpool put his arm around the guy "Sshh it's okay...it never happened thanks to Bryan singer" and then turn and see a girl and just shout "boo###s" ( not sure if it need to be censored on here) and running to her before the deadpool logo comes up to the screen

My big concern is a lot of people might be confused or not like him talking directly to the audience. I only know about it from this thread and maybe one or two other places. They are going to need to address that somehow in the trailer so people who are not fans of the comic know what is coming.

I want the opening scene to be him in the cinema watching origins with some fan boys who start crying and deadpool put his arm around the guy "Sshh it's okay...it never happened thanks to Bryan singer" and then turn and see a girl and just shout "boo###s" ( not sure if it need to be censored on here) and running to her before the deadpool logo comes up to the screen

You sir, should help write this movie.

You sir, should help write this movie.
haha thanks mate I only started reading his comics 2 days ago after seeing all the fuss for the film he's a great character.
I'm hoping to have a jackman cameo where deadpool can rip into him or even pull up a picture of comic book wolverine and make a comment about how he doesn't have a costume where as deadpool does

No kidding. I just started reading the deadpool books last october after Dragoncon. I too was wondering what the deal was on this character since there were hundreds of Deadpools.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back