When did Nick Fury change?

I'd heard that when they asked to use SLJ's likeness for him in Ultimate, he said yes under the condition that he gets to play fury if they ever did movies with the character

theres even a scene during civil war with a few heros at a resteraunt talking about movies made about themselves, and Fury says he wants SLJ to play him

That is what I heard to.

Re: When did Nick Fury change color?

I know I live in San Francisco, and whatnot, and we all want legal dope and gay guys marrying sheep and whatnot, but you may not find a bigger fan of Nick Fury and SHIELD than me. I did CABLE writer Joe Casey a solid and he asked me how he could repay me and I asked to be a SHIELD agent in his book. He made me #3 in SHIELD after Fury and GW Bridge. I own the flying cars... the Air Cav. The Jack Truman Deathlok body-switched me and took my body to live a happy life. I'm a character in the 616. I didn't ask for a good bottle of Scotch or whatever; I wanted to be in SHIELD.

And I have to say: talking about "color" and the Nick Fury character is sort of bad form. Fury is the Marvel Universe superspy. If he looks like Sean Connery or Samuel L. Jackson or Helen Mirren or Angela Bassett it's no never-mind to us.

Dear God, my kingdom for a working copy of photoshop! :lol

I hear Vin Diesel is going to be the new Blade.

Alyssa Milano the new Storm.

I don't buy the new Fury. It's just some guy pretending to be him. To me, the characters are 'real' in their own way. To just have them change race for no reason other than 'comic book affirmative action' is just strange, wrong, and stupid. Did the black cartoon characters complain they weren't getting the good parts? If people want more of a certain race, make new characters.

Let's make Spiderman Latino. Not many Latinos in comics.

Let's make Spiderman Latino. Not many Latinos in comics.

Ya know, that might be kinda cool.

Marvel should put the names of a bunch of super heroes in one hat, and different cultures/races in another, then pick-n-match. The results could be a new book - or series. (I'm actually not kidding; done correctly it could be a really interesting read!)

In the TV movie version, Fury was played by David Hasselhoff. So pick who you would rather have play him, Samuel L. Jackson, or the Hoff.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back