Justice League

I'd say that movie looks rather meh right now, the trailer does nothing to excite me. And what's with Cyborg, why do they have to make everything so busy looking these days, I really hate that super busy costume design aesthetic that they have going on these days. Also, it's kind of interesting to note who's missing from the trailer, one red and blue wearing boy scout.

Well, to counter balance the ambiant morosity of this thread, I dig it. I like the visuals, especially the ones for Flash, I love seeing snippets of team work, I like the glimpse of the huge LOTR style battle between the amazons, humans and Atlanteans vs darkseide's forces, and that age of heroes shot with the yellowish background was actually reminiscent of the JLA cartoon. Most importantly it looks fun. No superman, rightfully so. We all know he's coming back, and I don't want to be spoiled how or when.
Couple of things I didn't like was indeed the return of the infamous bat turn, and I find the CGI for Cyborg iffy, but then again we're 8 months away, so I'll assume they'll polish it a bit more. .

Well I loved it. Looks like a lot of fun and can't wait. I don't want to see anything with Superman till I go to the theater. Save it. Affleck is owning the role and Momoa does a fantastic job.

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Tran says this movie is coming too soon, junior.

The trailer does not entice me in the least to want to run out and see it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My son who is 9 will love this. So I will get enjoyment out of it through him. Plus I haven't become a cynical old man just yet. :lol
It looks ok. A bit over done but oh well.

I'd say that movie looks rather meh right now, the trailer does nothing to excite me. And what's with Cyborg, why do they have to make everything so busy looking these days, I really hate that super busy costume design aesthetic that they have going on these days. Also, it's kind of interesting to note who's missing from the trailer, one red and blue wearing boy scout.

This I wholeheartedly agree with. And it's not just costumes. It's most things in the day of cgi. It's like,just because they can make something over detailed and busy they will just for the hell of it. Detail isn't what makes something look cool. Just take how they overdatailed the endoskeleton from Terminator Genysis. It's was perfect as it was but they had to go and add extra lines and shapes and way more wires and gears. It ruined it. Transformers is another one. Gerrr.

Ben

They want cosplayers to be challenged and since they cant stop everyone from replicating their likeness, they make it near impossible to recreate as step one.

Ok, i'm not sure why they need 20,000 moving parts but thats MY explanation lol

Yep. Looks like garbage.

Agreed. It's almost comical how bad DC just can't do what Marvel has done.

I'm still looking forward to the Wonder Woman movie... aaaaand I still see this movie, I just wont' pay to see this one. I'll catch it as an inflight movie or something like I did with BvS. No way is DC getting a cent from me for the trash they put together and call a film.

I still can't believe with the amount of money they have to do a proper film series along with a catalog of characters that are so well known and loved that this was how they decided to go about doing the DC cinematic universe.

They have some nice shots in there on a technical level, but it's surrounded by just so much garbage it looks borderline embarrassing.

I also feel like they keep reusing the same shot in different composites of Gal Gadot getting up in her dynamic pose with her forearms in front of her. I mean it looks like the same mirrored shot getting put in places because it's one of their coolest moves of Wonder Woman looking all badass.

Wonder Woman looks like it's going to be a great film later this year and I absolutely look forward to seeing it.

I'm going to keep saying it.... I really wish they made a Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman and Affeck Batman solo films first. Seeing them all on screen together RIGHT NOW means nothing to me. I feel zero emotional excitement toward this team up. Certainly they could very well have a good plan in place to give these characters a rich character development together, but with a limited film runtime I just see trying to execute this effectively near impossible unless they planned doing this over the course of a few films like they did with Lord of the Rings. I can't see that level of quality though given how long BvS was handling 2 main heroes (and the into of WW) and the mess that was.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

C719umXW0AE1HK4.jpg

it just seems like a movie that's not set up very well..

how the hell do they know an attack is coming? they barely even touched on it in SvB.

I'll admit I'm a Marvel Fanboy but I'll give credit where it's due ... if it's deserved.

With the trailer I'm underwhelmed only because I wasn't surprised by anything I saw. There were some interesting revelations but nothing that made me fall out of my chair. There was action but it was the same sort of comically hyperbolic CG that we saw in BvS. I don't know if I can bear to see more overcrank-undercrank-overcrank fights. Wonder Woman's fighting style seems the coolest with the sliding and sweeping and the best thing about this trailer and the WW trailer.

The tone of this film may have shifted a bit from BvS to invite a little more comic banter but the color palette hasn't changed - I don't know if that's good or bad. The palette choice is more dreary than lyrical but, to DC's credit, they seem to be maintaining a visual tonal consistency from MoS to BvS to this film.

And Cyborg looks bad.

They don't consider for a second what cosplayers can and can't do. The studio used for JL couldn't even replicate the costumes done for BVS, they don't have to worry about some cosplayer in their garage.. :lol The Batsuit's pattern was simplified. They completely removed the color shifts and highlighting, and obviously they didn't even try for the neck turn. The Wonder Woman costume is dull and lifeless... my friend Doug painted it for BVS and it was on another level. Now it's just desaturated and dull.

They want cosplayers to be challenged and since they cant stop everyone from replicating their likeness, they make it near impossible to recreate as step one.

Ok, i'm not sure why they need 20,000 moving parts but thats MY explanation lol

I hate how they had thee best damn Batsuit in history and had a fallout with the original studio that created the BvS one. All they had to do was check which materials were used on the cowl and do a new design with the same stuff. Wasn't it a foam latex and this one is urethane?

Cyborg could've had armor plates resembling a human torso, and 50 moving parts underneath when exposed in damage or something. If I could change my appearance, I'd make myself look like a badaas musclular robot

I pretty much agree with what has been said by everyone, especially cyborg. If he isnt done, or "needs polish" like some people said, dont freaking show him until he is done. Im not seeing this due to BvS, but I can tell that The Flash is going to be really annoying. They even threw a meme in there regarding bats "powers". I feel like this film was made by a committee, and not in the way Kevin Feige does Marvel. Like, old dudes out of touch with things that are kinda paint by numbers "throw in some explosions, show a little skin on the lady character, make the black guy have attitude" etc. But if the point of a trailer is to get you excited about the movie, then this failed spectaculary for me. And the music?! A bit on the nose, come up with some original stuff. Sick of the covers of pop songs.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate how they had thee best damn Batsuit in history and had a fallout with the original studio that created the BvS one. All they had to do was check which materials were used on the cowl and do a new design with the same stuff. Wasn't it a foam latex and this one is urethane?

Cyborg could've had armor plates resembling a human torso, and 50 moving parts underneath when exposed in damage or something. If I could change my appearance, I'd make myself look like a badaas musclular robot
What happened with that studio?

That is not really the case. They ran foam cowls for Justice League and there is still no movement. The reason the BvS cowl can move is because they made a core that left air pockets where the foam can lap over itself. Jose talked about this briefly in a few videos, but the cowl was engineered inside and out.

The JL team either didn't have the time.. or frankly just couldn't.. do what Ironhead did. That's what really gets under my skin about this whole credit thing... Jose and Ironhead did something that was NEVER done before and they don't get an ounce of credit...Rumor is Ben is bringing the Bat back to America so hopefully that wrong can be righted.

That is not really the case. They ran foam cowls for Justice League and there is still no movement. The reason the BvS cowl can move is because they made a core that left air pockets where the foam can lap over itself. Jose talked about this briefly in a few videos, but the cowl was engineered inside and out.

The JL team either didn't have the time.. or frankly just couldn't.. do what Ironhead did. That's what really gets under my skin about this whole credit thing... Jose and Ironhead did something that was NEVER done before and they don't get an ounce of credit...Rumor is Ben is bringing the Bat back to America so hopefully that wrong can be righted.
This is really interesting to me, I didnt know Ironhead did the cowls for BvS. Do you have any insider videos or anything cool to watch regarding the cowl making process?

I really thought "Dawn of Justice" was going to introduce the whole team. I didn't watch any of the trailers for it. I was disappointed that "Dawn" only barely introduced Wonder Woman and the rest were limited to video clips actually named by Luthor.

Going from the trailer, I don't think there will be much to this movie. Gather the team for the first 1/4 to 1/2. Superman shows up again. Then they solve some mystery and defeat the bad guy.

https://youtu.be/1FkjEIKUgEw

There is a podcast with the man himself. Behind the scenes pictures and videos are super hard to get.. I still bug my friend every once in a while to see if he'll send me photos of the mold but folks are still under NDAs. I'm really hoping that sort of stuff will come out soon!

This is really interesting to me, I didnt know Ironhead did the cowls for BvS. Do you have any insider videos or anything cool to watch regarding the cowl making process?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back