Breaking Bad Props

I think I may know what happened. The scene where Walter builds the bomb for Gus, well the prop department basically painted silver on everything in the scene. (I have all the parts from that scene including the tools) This silver paint represented the cooking of the ingredients from the pyrodex, etch-a-sketch, and some ice pack. I think the painted glasses could have been from this scene. If you look closely you can see some of the light silver paint.
That's interesting. I was thinking that the beat up pair that went up for auction had left over paint from the frame's original color as it appears to have been intentionally scrubbed off, and meant that the pair we see most on screen could've have been repainted (to a brown/chocolate/bronze color) but I never thought what you typed could've been a possibility as to why the auctioned frame was grey-ish.

I took a couple more hours last night to look for the glasses. For like the 4th time. I've read that they were vintage which I hope not and don't believe so considering vintage safety glasses don't use safety shields that are attached by modern means like that soldered piece on the arm seems to indicate. I read one comment elsewhere, where someone said they were custom made. I don't believe it either but who knows at this point? And I read here that they were a brand Sears Optical carried now discontinued. Most likely that's it. But it should mean others exist.

I've brought up Hilco brand glasses before which I still consider a possibility for using this similar side shield attachment method, however, no Hilco frames are accurate to Walt's. Even their aviator styles. Not for the brow bar all aviator style glasses seem to have, but just the overall size and shape of the lens. Then I found these. Workforce 675.

austk20k.jpg

Of all the glasses I've looked at while searching, I have to say these are pretty damn close. What do you guys think?

They do lack that side shield wire soldered on inside of the arms like Walt's, however, this brand (Air-Craft USA) makes use of a similar side shield attachment method. Even though the photo above doesn't show it, the company says this model is compatible with side shields.

This is a different model from this company that shows the side shield piece.

https://images.eyeglasses.com/product/large/austk20k.jpg

Of all the glasses I've looked at while searching, I have to say these are pretty damn close. What do you guys think?

They do lack that side shield wire soldered on inside of the arms like Walt's, however, this brand (Air-Craft USA) makes use of a similar side shield attachment method. Even though the photo above doesn't show it, the company says this model is compatible with side shields.

This is a different model from this company that shows the side shield piece.

These look good, but still not exact shapewise, unfortunately. The bridge and arms start lower than they do on the screen-used glasses:

rlxELeQ.gif

Overall though, not a bad lookalike, compared to many other frames we've discussed in this topic.

For anyone interested, I found the monocular that Tyrus uses in the build-up moments to the climactic scenes in the Face-Off episode, in which he spies on Hector Salamanca from his car:

spyrus.png

You can buy the screen-accurate model here for a pretty affordable price.

And the actual original screen-used prop is currently for sale on eBay, here.

Hey all. I know I am (very) late to the game at this point but I am trying to find a pair of Smith Optics Turntables. I have tried the eBay, Google, Craigslist options and haven't had any luck so far. Does anyone else have any other suggestions on how I can get a pair?

Hey all. I know I am (very) late to the game at this point but I am trying to find a pair of Smith Optics Turntables. I have tried the eBay, Google, Craigslist options and haven't had any luck so far. Does anyone else have any other suggestions on how I can get a pair?

Keep checking eBay, they pop up every so often, maybe once every two months or so, in my experience.

So in about a month I am going to get Danny Trejo's autograph at the Phoenix Comicon - but can any of you guys think of a good item to get it on? I know he was a minor character in the grand scheme of things, but figured why not take advantage of the opportunity... best thing would be a tortoise shell with "HOLA DEA" written on it, but I'm not sure where I'd find a life size, decent looking, AFFORDABLE tortoise shell, LOL.

So in about a month I am going to get Danny Trejo's autograph at the Phoenix Comicon - but can any of you guys think of a good item to get it on? I know he was a minor character in the grand scheme of things, but figured why not take advantage of the opportunity... best thing would be a tortoise shell with "HOLA DEA" written on it, but I'm not sure where I'd find a life size, decent looking, AFFORDABLE tortoise shell, LOL.

It is a desert tortoise. There doesn't seem to be any accurate taxidermy tortoise or shells online. Maybe because it is listed as under threat.

Beyond that you are looking at soft toys (on ebay) and hand puppets (on amazon) which you could write on.

So I made another trip to ABQ over the weekend, and of course I had to see more spots from the show (last time I was there the final episodes hadn't aired yet so I had been right by some choice locations and didn't even know it! Sadly, some don't even exist anymore since then :cry). But the ole' bear got to see some new sights:

Ted's House:
Ted's House.jpg

Loyola's (Mike's hang out diner)
Loyola's - Bear.jpg

Lazer Tag (has a different sign now)
Lazer Tag.jpg

Garduno's (where Walt and Skyler give Hank and Marie the blackmail DVD)
Garduno's.jpg

Dog House
Dog House - Bear.jpg

Saul Goodman's Office (again - this wasn't on the door last time I came)
Saul's Office.jpg

Vamonos Pest
Vaminos Pest.jpg

On The Spot Vacuum Repair
On The Spot.jpg

The "Pick Up" Spot
Dam.jpg

The Downtown Civic Plaza
Civic Plaza.jpg

And the spot that trumps all the others: To'hajiilee famous location:
To'hajiilee.jpg

Last edited:
Hello. I have seen a few people on this thread mention that they have gotten in touch with the prop department from Breaking Bad. I have a few questions about some of the shirts that Walt wears and would like to get some information from them. Any leads on how I would go about getting in touch with them?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back