Sleepy Hollow TV Series..

Maybe they want to forget about that disastrous third season, like the rest of us. ;)

Rob

Third was better than second.

they realized the wife was a total bore and dragged on the abby relationship, and so without any setup, turned her evil to get rid of her..

- - - Updated - - -

Fox also has a bad habbit of not putting everything out until after the world series since they broadcast that. That looks to have changed a lot this year since they're not touch the al/nlcs stuff.

back when i used to watch shows...

I would have appreciated that. nothing annoyed me more than seeing MWC or Simpsons delayed.

First episode back.

I rather liked it.

New characters didn't seem tacked on and far more likeable than the older support cast, minus jenny, who i'm glad they didn't completely ignore this time around.

i don't know why industry scuttle but seems to say season 4 isn't that great so far. It seems to have gotten off to a good start.

I kind of hope they do another time travel episode where the new partner is introduced to cranes past. the one with abby was fun, but i was pissed they erased his memory of it. would have given them more equal footing if she experienced the same timeline.

I laughed when I saw this was re-run Saturday from the premiere on Friday night. I didn't know it was even still going. This show started out really strong and my wife and I were both hooked, which NEVER happens with shows like this (isn't her cup of tea), and it just kind of petered out. Writing got soft and characters that were interesting became boring and unnecessary. We bailed since we figured it would never get to finish season 2.................

I laughed when I saw this was re-run Saturday from the premiere on Friday night. I didn't know it was even still going. This show started out really strong and my wife and I were both hooked, which NEVER happens with shows like this (isn't her cup of tea), and it just kind of petered out. Writing got soft and characters that were interesting became boring and unnecessary. We bailed since we figured it would never get to finish season 2.................

the problem was the wife in season 2. just became dead weight and un interesting. I think it would have been a better angle to make her a preserver of history than an evil witch. could have been the teams official researcher.

Betsy Ross was a MUCH better match for Crane IMHO, but sadly she kind of got shafted being stuck in the past.

I think this should never have been a series. A mini series or something like they did with Agent Carter. I love the Ichabod and Mr. Toad cartoon. I still watch it to this day with my dad every Halloween. I just can't get into this show anymore.

I think this should never have been a series. A mini series or something like they did with Agent Carter. I love the Ichabod and Mr. Toad cartoon. I still watch it to this day with my dad every Halloween. I just can't get into this show anymore.

I think both could run as a series..

but this one at least needed a far clearer direction after the first season and it needed more ' big show stopping' moments. some of the best moments of shows like these, be it quantum leap, or knight rider, or sleepy hollow..are moments connected to the characters. it's been less that and more random monster of the week things. which work fine, but don't have much personal connection too them.

I'm sorry I just find it hard to watch a show were the main bad guy is supposed to be the Headless Horseman and you watch and there is no Headless Horseman. That's my biggest issue.

oh i agree with that completely.

another of the side effects of the shows creators leaving. it lost it's track. and he's STILL in the shows intro!

I'm sorry I just find it hard to watch a show were the main bad guy is supposed to be the Headless Horseman and you watch and there is no Headless Horseman. That's my biggest issue.

Yeah, me. too.

I know it's only been one episode, so I'll reserve my judgment; but if this one is any indication, it's going to suck as badly as the 3rd season...unless they get back to 'basics' that made the first two seasons interesting.

Rob

I think both could run as a series..

but this one at least needed a far clearer direction after the first season and it needed more ' big show stopping' moments. some of the best moments of shows like these, be it quantum leap, or knight rider, or sleepy hollow..are moments connected to the characters. it's been less that and more random monster of the week things. which work fine, but don't have much personal connection too them.

Most shows that start out monster of the week stop doing that once the mythology takes over. It's rare, and usually not a good thing, when it goes the other way. Like a lot of other shows, I don't think the showrunners had any clue what to do after the first season. They didn't have an overarching plot figured out for the entire series. Lots don't because lots of shows never make it beyond their first year, but it shows when nobody has a plan and honestly, nobody had any plans for Sleepy Hollow. Great first season, it's been going downhill since then.

I think Season 3 kind of got things back on track.

Althouh as stated, i think they shot all that work in the foot by keeping betsy ross rooted in the past. although they probably didn't want to make the same mistake they made with the wife by ruining the abby crane relationship. But, that was already done by the time the wife was gone. i can't help but wonder if that's one reason why she left the show...other than the fact that she might have thought it was a sinking ship, despite being a lead.

Most shows that start out monster of the week stop doing that once the mythology takes over. It's rare, and usually not a good thing, when it goes the other way. Like a lot of other shows, I don't think the showrunners had any clue what to do after the first season. They didn't have an overarching plot figured out for the entire series. Lots don't because lots of shows never make it beyond their first year, but it shows when nobody has a plan and honestly, nobody had any plans for Sleepy Hollow. Great first season, it's been going downhill since then.

I was always a little curious about this one. Glad I didn't invest the time. Maybe if it wraps up nicely, I'll catch it later.

I was always a little curious about this one. Glad I didn't invest the time. Maybe if it wraps up nicely, I'll catch it later.

Any show is an investment that you have no idea if it will pay off. The first season was great. After that, not so much. But in missing the parts that were not so much, you missed the greatness that it started off with.

But since the show called Sleepy Hollow isn't even in Sleepy Hollow anymore... yeah.

Any show is an investment that you have no idea if it will pay off. The first season was great. After that, not so much. But in missing the parts that were not so much, you missed the greatness that it started off with.

But since the show called Sleepy Hollow isn't even in Sleepy Hollow anymore... yeah.

and even in the not so great parts, we got some fun stuff. like abby's trip to cranes time that was long over due and i'm glad they got too.. We also got jenny transforming from a total nut case (with reason) into a great side character.

as someone who stuck through 7 years of voyager, sleepy hollow has the same type of growing pains. fun stuff sprinkled through missed opportunities or dull drum.

but still worth watching at least once.

I also have no problem with the show moving to DC, if only hopefully temporarily. Crane more than anyone has a right to see what his efforts have paid off to. to me it seems like the perfect fit for a side trip at least.

Yeah, I'm ok with that. I've watched plenty of shows that started great and faded with time. Usually with a crap ending or no ending at all. Not interested in doing that again. These days, if I'm leery of a given show, especially one I think is likely to end poorly, I'll just skip it and wait til its done. And I'm fine with that. I don't really feel like I'm missing out. There are plenty of other good shows on that I enjoy and that deliver much more uniform quality for me, so, why waste my time on something that might be great, but probably is gonna end poorly, ya know?

Plus, it gives me stuff to watch during the summer.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back