Bandai release schedule

I don't mean "making" clocks - that's totally cool, and I actually just made some for Christmas presents last year.
I mean clocks that are already assembled and painted and working and packaged that you just buy and hang on the wall...

Ah, OK. I hadn't noticed those, just the bare clock movements and parts for building them. So we're ranting on the same thing then, no effort spent on it just buy it. That's fine for a furniture or appliance store but it really has no place in a hobby/craft store. And real hobbies get pushed aside for it.

I checked out Hobby Lobby today and the had the TIE Interceptor and Rogue 1 X-wing combo, still nothing listed on their site. I used the 40% coupon and got the TIE and HOLYCRAP! the detail, the crispness is outstanding. And not a bit of flash or even mold marks anywhere, I haven't ever seen this outside of a Tamiya kit. I'm still not satisfied with the small scale but I may have to get a few of the others just for the awesomeness. Come on Bandai give us some 1/32 fighters and a 1/72 falcon already!

Bandai has an insane level of detail- makes FineMolds kits looking like melted cheese...

Errr....nope. I agree Bandai kits are awesome and Ive built a lot of them but....

20170310_163045 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20170310_163031 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20170309_191350 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20170309_192455 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

I wouldn't call this Tie Fighter kit melted cheese....perhaps you could though, not me. Quite decent and with enough detail...at least IMO.

Finemolds was OK on detail but was seriously lacking on accuracy. I got the 1/72 X-wing and TIE but gave up on the rest. Had high hopes for the Falcon but passed after seeing an overhead photo.

Bandai just wins on every count, except scale offerings. I really like the option for window-less canopy frames for a studio model look, though it would be nice to have an option for studio model interiors also.

Finemolds was OK on detail but was seriously lacking on accuracy. I got the 1/72 X-wing and TIE but gave up on the rest. Had high hopes for the Falcon but passed after seeing an overhead photo.

Bandai just wins on every count, except scale offerings. I really like the option for window-less canopy frames for a studio model look, though it would be nice to have an option for studio model interiors also.

I agree but melted cheese?? Absurd, lets keep the fandom in check guys.

I grew up in the land of Cheese Heads. tapatalk_1443918650605.jpeg

I'm buying some Bandai kits, and the accuracy and details are great, but I'm still okay with my Fine Molds kits, like this X-Wing.

Mirrored side panels are ok though?

I'm really hoping and praying for a big Star Destroyer and B-Wing at some point from bandai ����������

100% agree on the B-Wing , desired scale 1:72 to go with all the other starfighters.
Also would love to see some prequel fighters. Naboo fighter, Kenobi's AOTC Jedi Fighter ( w/ hyperdrive ring ? ), Anakin's or Kenobi's ROTS Jedi Fighter ( w/ droid fighter and/or buzz droids ? ), Federation Tri-Droid fighter, Grievous' Fighter, Republic Gunship and the ARC-170 would be high on my list. All in 1:72 scale if course ;)

EDIT: Wouldnt mind a Clone Wars Y-Wing and the Republic Assault Shuttle too. Or a Rebels prototype A-Wing.

EDIT EDIT: Uh uh uh !!! And of course the "Ghost" in 1:144 to go with other freighter sized vehicles. What about a 1:144 set of the AT-TE complete with its carrier

BTW, altough I am not doing differned versions of the same vehicle ( Red leader, Red 2, Red 3....) yet, I am currently working on an extra TIE fighter to paint it with Sabine's art from Rebels

EDIT #3
Don't exactly know if its still canon, but as it is still featured in the X-Wing miniature game, a 1:72 "Moldy Crow" would be awesome

Last edited:
I think there is a window to get one, maybe two (if we're really lucky), kits in before Bandai is going to focus on The Last Jedi tie-in kits. We know there is a new A-Wing in the film and some new set photos suggest (but don't confirm) there's a new B-Wing variant. It would be nice if we got the OT B-Wing to finish up the 1/72 OT rebel fighter line. It would be even better if we got that AND a TIE Bomber, but I'm not sure the Gods love us that much.

I think there is a window to get one, maybe two (if we're really lucky), kits in before Bandai is going to focus on The Last Jedi tie-in kits. We know there is a new A-Wing in the film and some new set photos suggest (but don't confirm) there's a new B-Wing variant. It would be nice if we got the OT B-Wing to finish up the 1/72 OT rebel fighter line. It would be even better if we got that AND a TIE Bomber, but I'm not sure the Gods love us that much.

May I ask what photo suggests a new B-wing? I'd love to see :)

Chris

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back