The Unofficial Terminator 2 T-800 Builders Club

OK WOW. That not so accurate jacket I have would easily fit someone with 18" arms.

Yeah, if the chest is say packed out 1" out at the top, you will want the base at least 4" deep.

Here's a look...

Note how even though just a Medium, it doesn't look too small? Length below the pant waist is just about right. It is tight in the shoulders, but good in the chest and waist. The Large size is 4" bigger in both chest and waist - too big.

IMG_6916.JPG

IMG_6917.JPG

IMG_6918.JPG

IMG_6919.JPG

20" upper arm.
IMG_6920.JPG

The tape string your seeing is actually the cleavage of the chest!

Lens won't be changed; that's what went in 10-15 years ago when I did the bust, and won't be coming back out. Oh well...

The black markings on the chrome skull actually went on to mask some finishing defects in the Fanta-chroming process!

:lol :lol never you mind

At least it's not blue :p

Awesome looking defects, that's for sure haha

He looks good, I just think he is not wide enough.

His right arm isn't installed making his shoulder seen small. I think once that arm goes in he'll be perfect size

That's pretty much it. Because the right arm is a bit too big right now and needs adjustments, its not stuffed into the jacket. Again its at about 19"-20" and to fit reasonably well into the jacket, 16"-18" will be the ideal compromise.

Plus, the left arm has no padding at all, so it is just 14". And there is no shoulder or trap padding. I won't go too heavy on the shoulders and traps, though, because I do think its pretty close as it is. I will add maybe 1/2"- 1" at the most.

Last edited:
All makes sense now. Looking forward to seeing him padded out.

Got the arms down to 18.5" But will need to go lower. The fit of the original jacket offered roominess for his guns. Only way I could do this would be to take the XL and the M coats I have, and have a tailor swap the sleeves. I'm certain Bates used a fairly medium sized jacket, but custom-tailored to fit his arms and chest (to some degree).

I don't want to use two jackets or pay a tailor. The 14" left arm didn't look horrendous. I think if I can get it below 18", I'll be fine.

OK just confirmed what I just posted.

The arms - at 18.5" - fit comfortably into the XL sleeves with about 1.5" - 2" of material to spare.

Why not meet in the middle and get a large jacket? I bought a large for mine and it's a perfect fit. Big enough to fit his muscles but tight enough around the shoulders for a nice tight fit

His chest sits out nice. Looks good.

Thanks - I took a little mass out by driving some screws into the top of the sternum, adding bit of cleavage at the top. Helped a lot.

Then of course when I add the chest plate, the whole center of the chest will be cut out!

That second last image is pure planet Hollywood!!!! Love it. Certainly inspires me to redress my eyebrow. I think my hair is far too short as well. Your looks stellar mate. Well done.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That second last image is pure planet Hollywood!!!! Love it. Certainly inspires me to redress my eyebrow. I think my hair is far too short as well. Your looks stellar mate. Well done.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome compliment, Taz! You know that's what I'm aiming for...! ;)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back