My first build (deago ESB SS Falcon!)

Can anyone help ID this kit part, its looks like its part of something larger that was cut down, but for the life of me I can't find it. It's the last mystery piece I have left on the center block so any help would be much appreciated!! :D

View attachment 693787

B20 from the Tamiya 1/35 Panzer Kampfwagen III Ausf. M/N

PANZERIII_B-20.jpg

132350-10911-pristine.jpg

Are the mandible end caps avaliable as castings or do i have to buy a whole kit?

There would be a few parts i could use from the p34 kit yes?

I'm sure someone has them as castings but you would be better off just buying the whole kit, it's one of the most used kits on the falcon, I would guess off the top of my head 10-15 parts are used off this one kit, probobly more ( I keep finding more and more stuff on it haha), some of the parts are used so frequently you need about 3-4 of these kits to do a full build. They are readily avail on eBay for around 20$.

To my knowledge, the Tamiya 1/35 Panzer Kampfwagen III Ausf. M/N kit does not have any of the missing parts.

The P34 kit has at least one of the missing parts.

Getting a bit further down the road with the kit bashing, I basically decided to just replace as much of the detial as I can, it just looks soo much better and will be much closer to the model used in the film. But man this takes a while! And lots of kits!! I think I have around 30 now?! and seems like there are lots left I need hah. I FINALLY got my hands on an original tooling of the Shinano, can't wait for it to get here!

removed all the stuff off the top of the cockpit tube, still need a couple kits to finish it out but its close!
original.jpgremoved.jpgunnamed (3).jpgunnamed.jpg

Going through the back Engine deck, piece.... by...... piece. Those engine cylinders are gonna have to go, I can't stand the profile on them, not sure how they messed that up so bad with so much ref! They just look like rounded off slopes, uuuhhgg,!! Trying to figure out how to mode these side profiles with the proper falloffs and and angles. thinking about trying to sculpt it out with Milliput, REALLY need a lathe right about now, might try to jig it up on my drill press or something, i dunno. They are costly to 3D print though so want to go that route as a last resort...

unnamed (1).jpgunnamed (2).jpg

Hey Taylor, loving your build.

Quick question to lighting. I see you're going with Woodland Scenics. Thanks for the link, I hadn't heard of them before.

Are you replacing all the DeAg electrics with Woodland ? Or can you add the Woodland stuff to the existing DeAg board ? The connectors do look similar.

I'm looking to add a few extra lights. i.e for cockpit and hold mainly. Nothing too much, but the typical additions.

Would love to hear how you integrated your extra lighting into the existing DeAg system.

Thanks Portaler, yeah deago and woodland use the same connectors, I tested it out using their extension cords with the deago supplies mandible lights and it worked great! Just having the dimmers for each light is worth it, to get the light all balanced out, or tweaked for photos:D

Okay I think I have figured out what these little round things are, they were bugging me because they were too fat (center hole is too small) to be styrene rod. I think these are trimmed off this Flak 38/Ah52 Piece! check it out and see what you guys think, if not, they certainly seem to be acceptable donor parts, now I Just have to figure out what that little part is that is above them that buds off that right P34 part....

Flak38.jpg

Okay I think I have figured out what these little round things are, they were bugging me because they were too fat (center hole is too small) to be styrene rod. I think these are trimmed off this Flak 38/Ah52 Piece! check it out and see what you guys think, if not, they certainly seem to be acceptable donor parts, now I Just have to figure out what that little part is that is above them that buds off that right P34 part....

View attachment 698780

The Flak 38/Ah52 parts look good to me man...I think others have said that those parts were from the Tamiya 1/12 P34 but I do not have that kit so can not confirm.

About the other part you are wondering about...Airfix Scorpion, part 5 ;)

Airfix_Scorpion_5.jpg

Oh cool! Thanks! I don't have that kit yet, but will be looking for one soon!

I was laying out the rear port bay and I think maybe I found that part that is the rounded off box with the hole in the top that the 222 part buds out of, it's off the Morser Karl, it was longer so I cut it in half, it seems to line up perfect, especially with the top of the hull where the pipe comes into the back of it. I haven't seen this part ID'd anywhere and thought maybe it was scratch built, but I'm thinking it maybe this part. It ends up being hollow on the other side since it was cut in half, and I cant find any really clear pics of the other side of it to confirm.
See what you think....

morserKarl.jpgIMG_0227.JPG

Kris, again I think your right on track with that ID for that Morser Karl! It does totally look cut flat like that along the back...I have also never seen any images looking straight at it from behind, but here is a collage of a few images so you can compare with what you have...There also seems to be an under-cut behind there on the images below, if you see what I mean?

group.jpg

Can you take a shot facing the cut side? I would like to see how it looks from that angle.

Yeah that top left pic you posted looks like they putty'd up the hole and blended it into the 222 part..

here is a reverse angle..that part also has an extrusion around the bottom that I think I can kinda see in a couple of those pics. The other thing that makes me think its this part is that the box slightly tapers towards the top and isn't square which I feel like im seeing in some of the ref I have..

IMG_0228.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back