Rogue One Vader costume

Loved the Vader scenes, but the costume was just soooo distracting.
Great to finally see him in the costume being a badass.

R1_vader_comp1.png

R1_vader_comp2.png

And you still ignore the Bob Anderson issue...how tall was he? How built was he?

If you actually took time to read my post you'd see clearly that I said HEIGHT was NOT the issue I was talking about.

Thanks for trying to tell me what I should enjoy and how I should enjoy it, but I'll take care of that myself. The simple fact is Vader looked "off" in this movie and nothing is going to change that. I'm done arguing about this with you so let's just leave it there.

John Knoll said he has a theory that Vader has multiple suits. When going into battle in ANH, he put on an old beater suit. When he goes see the Emperor, he puts on a newer suit.

We saw him out of his suit, so it seems plausible that he could put on different suits.

As far as the voice in R1 compared to ANH, maybe he gets more frustrated and angry by the time of ANH. He isn't exactly a patient guy.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

John Knoll said he has a theory that Vader has multiple suits. When going into battle in ANH, he put on an old beater suit. When he goes see the Emperor, he puts on a newer suit.

We saw him out of his suit, so it seems plausible that he could put on different suits.

As far as the voice in R1 compared to ANH, maybe he gets more frustrated and angry by the time of ANH. He isn't exactly a patient guy.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
And he was pretty mad at the fact that he had to go through the trouble he did in R1 to finally get to the Tantive.

Much like Tarkin, I thought Darth Vader was as good as we could expect. I really had no issue with the costume or the actor in the suit but he didn't 'move' like Vader in his first scene and that broke the illusion for me. The mask was really sharp and the gunmetal was crazy noticible when the helmet should 'look black'. When I watch the OT, even knowing the helmet as well as I do it 'looks black' on-screen. Plus I think all the shots of Vader in that scene were too close-up. They should have shot from behind Krennic looking upward to make Vader look like he was towering over Krennic.

I didn't mind the red lenses but what did bother me was the super-crazy high-end polished optical glass lenses they used. It looked like Vader was wearing googles over his mask.

The second Vader scene was perfect in every way. The only way to make it better would be to make it longer.

The good thing about Vader is that he will never get old. You can have old or deceased actors played by CGI versions, but you don't need that with Vader, just a good suit and an actor to fill it up nicely. And Vader in action is what everyone wants to see.

The good thing about Vader is that he will never get old. You can have old or deceased actors played by CGI versions, but you don't need that with Vader, just a good suit and an actor to fill it up nicely. And Vader in action is what everyone wants to see.

But you still need one James Earl Jones. Time and time again it's been proven he is the only one who can sound like Vader. With so many people being able to impersonate a lot of celebrity voices, and SO many people on this planet, finding one who can pull off a good JEJ impersonation shouldn't be THAT damn difficult.

Granted, my full size display Vader is a Frankenstein's monster of parts and armor. It's mostly ESB but with ROTS helmet (don't hate me, please!)

A few things I noted:

1) Vader's torso in the bacta tank; what we DID get to see of it (and the prop seen in the previous picture post), he doesn't seem to have any burn damage. He's only missing limbs and hair. Even the large scalp scar isn't prominent (like we see in ROTS, ESB, and ROTJ). Didn't know bacta was THAT good (I'm a physician in real life by the way, and I've taken care of burn patients in my training)

2) The R1 suit was an amalgam; they digitally put the inner robe OVER the chest armor after the fact (ala ANH), but used an ESB pain scheme for the breast plate. The chest box computer and belt boxes / belt are ANH. The cape is different. It looks like the body suit is similar to ANH. Could not see the saber hilt at all.

3) The R1 helmet, a new sculpt by Brian Muir, looked a little "wide" to me in the lower face and neck. It's like the ANH and ESB helmets had a baby.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back