Help me identify the Guardians/Star-Lord sling-bag buckle?

Zlurpo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
In Guardians of the Galaxy, Quill has a bag he occasionally wears. I'm assuming it's custom designed/made for the movie, although it could be manufactured somewhere.

On the front of the bag is a quick release buckle:
quill knapsack.jpg
NACZ3 pointed out that it's very similar to Cobra Buckles, and I've also found Raptor Buckles, but neither of them carry anything that looks like that model. The only other brands of that type of quick release model I've found are cheap Chinese ones.

I've searched for parachute, diving, combat, and camping gear. So far I've turned up nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Re: Help me identify the GotG sling-bag buckle?

It looks like a Stubai buckle to me. I've just been trying to figure out which.

It looks like a Stubai buckle to me. I've just been trying to figure out which.
Looks like that's a third brand of a similar style. Doesn't look like any of the current models, but it could be an old/no longer available version.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's a modification of an existing piece but no luck so far. I'll be looking into manufacturing my own if I can't find it. I'm determined to make a replica of this bag.

I'd guess it is a modified black cobra buckle. Just remove the black coating for the brass center square.
http://milspecmonkey.com/store/hardware-diy/339-austrialpin-cobra-buckle.html

The thing is, to get to the shape they have in the movie from the shape of one of the Cobra buckles, they would have to modify... everything. There's no overlapping shapes between the movie buckle and any made by Raptor, Stubai, or Cobra.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed!
With the Stubai we would have to add a cover plate while with the Cobra could get away with removing the black coating but neither would be perfect since the screen used seems longer than the two.

Agreed. Well I've drawn up plans to manufacture functioning buckles out of either acrylic or brass!

Last edited:
I'm probably wrong, but after scouring the Cobra website, the basic shape for the female end seems to match up with the FC45B-V. The male end coud either be a crux plate ground down (you can see on the left side of the male end the oval seems to have an odd shaped edge) or the male end of the FC28CB. There also seems to be a "plate" attached to the top of the buckle to give it a different look. Again, I'm just spitballing, but that's my take.

**EDIT**
After thinking about it, it's possible the "plate" attached to the top of the buckle could be used to bond the two halves together. Being a bag strap, the buckle doesn't have to work. Plus, flipping the buckle around gives it a different appearance as well. Again, just spitballing.

Wes

Lol well I found the buckle and sold a run of over 60 of them, as well as posting all the info for where others could buy them... almost a year ago. But thanks!!
Oh I'm sorry i didn't realize. Here I was thinking that I made a great find haha.

Do you happen to have any of the buckles left over from when you were selling them? I know its a stretch but I figured it's worth a try to avoid paying for shipping from the UK.

Last edited:
Oh I'm sorry i didn't realize. Here I was thinking that I made a great find haha.

Do you happen to have any of the buckles left over from when you were selling them? I know its a stretch but I figured it's worth a try to avoid paying for shipping from the UK.

Sorry, all long gone. There may be someone else doing a run? Check the junkyard, maybe?

If you happen to find any, let me know please. I am also looking for one

If you happen to find any, let me know please. I am also looking for one
Ill let you know if i do, but as of now it looks like the only place to get them is the U.K. website. If you're not worried too much about the accuracy, you can find some similar ones on ebay if you look up "cobra buckle" or "raptor buckle".

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back