Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

The Falcon flew into the engine bell, but the other footage we see from further into the chase, they're flying alongside the massive cylinder of the engine, in a gap between it and its mountings in the ship's infrastructure. There's probably a hole somewhere...

--Jonah

I'm assuming, for my own nitpicky sanity, that the ship was probably gutted of anything useful after it crashed. No sane pilot would fly into something they didn't know they could maneuver in.

I'll give you the local part, but I haven't seen anything to suggest whether or not she's familiar with the Falcon.

Plus you can say she has been "local" for a while ever since her brother went Dark.

If she is not linked to the original cast and or neither is the bad guy then they are just random people like Darth Maul was.

"I hate the Jedi,...can't say why. Just says so in the script."

I want some connection to the original characters.

I didn't see that anyone had posted this, but I noticed in the Solo and Chewie shot, you can see Solo's blaster at the bottom of the frame, but it's hard to notice against his dark jacket. I lightened a screen shot and it looks like maybe they made one similar to his ANH one.

411127584.jpg

Betamin, yep -- they're dissecting it over in the Star Wars Costumes & Props sections ANH DL-44 research thread. :) The verdict is replica, but darned close to the original. This one doesn't shoot blanks, but is wired for sounds.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark just said that the clear lines were taken directly from RotJ but that he also recorded in studio which they used as the reverb. So that answers that question definitively.

Regarding the TIE Fighters we see in the trailer. I was under the impression that the classic hexagonal wing TIE Fighter was almost obsolete by the time of ROTJ when they introduced the Interceptor with its bent wings, and before that in ANH we have seen Vader's Advanced TIE (and Bomber). So why not having a bent wing TIE instead? Even if with silver/translucent wings?

tie3_horz.jpg

tie2.jpg

Tie_Interceptor2.jpg

Some imperial bean counter probably looked at the cost of a TIE interceptor versus the cost of an old style TIE over the number of enemies killed by both, and figured out the old style was better value for money.

How many different Rockets did NASA go through over the decades while Russia just kept sending up the same old reliable design?

Personally I’m really hooked on the significance of “The Battle of Jakku” in the new story. The fact its included in “Battlefront” suggests it may have been a significant “secret” Imperial manufacturing site and weapons facility from which perhaps new test military hardware and parts for the second Death Star were manufactured. Because up until its never been mentioned in the SW universe.
So, given the speed the DS2 was constructed after the destruction of the first and the fact the bulk of the Imperial fleet and forces appeared to have survive the Battle of Endor ,it would make sense that this would be strategically a key element of Imperil power and thus essential that it was protected by them and destroyed by the Alliance.
Therefore you’d have an immense battle, with debris crashing down from orbit (or still up there), with atmospheric dogfights and ground attacks. Chances are there is still a fair amount of abandoned armaments and experimental weapons left there as the fight moved on. Perhaps that’s where all these other super weapons rumoured to be the film had been developed? Are people looking for clues to them again?
And it would also be logical that afterward you would have a flourishing scrap culture develop there with scavengers and black marketers flying in to take what they can and trade it. Given the sheer amount of stuff we’ve seen left around there in the trailer it’s a good possibility. Its also a key positon in which to "hide" if you are looking for covertly searching for something (or from someone) whilst still being in direct contact with the rest of the universe.
I’ve also been wondering how Lukes old light sabre was found and the only route I can think of is that after it fell (along with Lukes hand) down the shaft, and that it was found by either an Ugnaught whilst on maintenance working there or that Vader sent somebody to look for his old weapon, having recognised it in the hands of his own son.
Given that Cloud City was taken over by shortly by the Imperials its not a big leap either to imagine that it could have been traded to somebody and then found its way back into the Imperial ranks. Or it that it could be that it fell into Rebel hands when they liberated CC shortly after the events of ROTJ.
As tibanna manufacturing was essential to the engines of hyperdrives whats certain is there would easily a link to Jakku whose facilities would have a massive demand for the product at that time, so with the battle there its not surprising the lightsabre ended up finding its way back to the planet.
It's all speculation but what I am really pleased about is there seems to have been a lot of careful thought put into the events leading up to TFA, making you wonder about how they to this point in exactly the same way we used to speculate about the original trilogy.

Last edited:
In a blown up shot of this provided by mvanwalks421 you can see the central figure I am asking about has the chrome trooper behind them but otherwise looks like all the other officers.

Who is this????????????????????????????

Check it out

http://i.imgur.com/CxLGgtk.jpg[/QUOTE, thats what this thread is about. :)

It's Uber!! Read the spoilers!

So "Uber" is a dude who looks like a bunch of other guys standing there in Imperial looking officers uniforms.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back