Cyberman in FOAM!!! - WITH PATTERNS!!

Wow Terrific Work!! I came looking for a Cyberman and I think I hit the jackpot! Unfortunately when I try to d/l the patterns I get a "404" page Are they still available ? Can you let me know? I'd appreciate it Thanks! Againa GREAT work!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow Terrific Work!! I came looking for a Cyberman and I think I hit the jackpot! Unfortunately when I try to d/l the patterns I get a "404" page Are they still available ? Can you let me know? I'd appreciate it Thanks! Again GREAT work!

Unfortunately the site is down right now, but I will get it back up as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If it's the 2005 version, maybe you left a pattern out when you traced?

I have used all the patterns for the arms, but the problem i got is that my arms are too thin.
And im kinda new to armor building so i dont know how to adjust them so they fit better

I have used all the patterns for the arms, but the problem i got is that my arms are too thin.
And im kinda new to armor building so i dont know how to adjust them so they fit better
So, you want them to be thinner? Or you you need some foam inside the arms, so your arms don't move around so much?

So, you want them to be thinner? Or you you need some foam inside the arms, so your arms don't move around so much?

Maybe just just use some soft foam, the spongy stuff in pillows, cut it flat, like a sheet, and glue inside the arm like a ring. It occupies the space so your arm is centered in the costume arm.

Maybe just just use some soft foam, the spongy stuff in pillows, cut it flat, like a sheet, and glue inside the arm like a ring. It occupies the space so your arm is centered in the costume arm.

The arms need to be thinner and just a little bit shorter.
Any advice on how to scale them?

The arms need to be thinner and just a little bit shorter.
Any advice on how to scale them?
Depending on your needs, I would find a mid point to both upper and lower and cut out an 1" along the vertical seam and then a horizontal ring out of each part. Be very careful to find a section that can be mated back up cleanly once that section is removed.

Depending on your needs, I would find a mid point to both upper and lower and cut out an 1" along the vertical seam and then a horizontal ring out of each part. Be very careful to find a section that can be mated back up cleanly once that section is removed.

I don't know how you made the arms casue i can't get it to work. Is it possible you can go into more detail on how you made the arms?
Should the upper arm be the same size as the lower arm? Or can they be different sizes?

Last edited:
I don't know how you made the arms casue i can't get it to work. Is it possible you can go into more detail on how you made the arms?
Should the upper arm be the same size as the lower arm? Or can they be different sizes?
They should be different, the upper arm is longer then the lower, that's why I suggested only an 1" cut out. If you don't need to take it out of the length, then don't cut it.

How do you get so clean cuts from the yoga mats?
When i cut i get it gets messy
. 14030771_946189575489931_1940682496_n.jpg

.View attachment 654466
You need sharp new blades, and your trying to cut through in ONE cut! It's hard and takes practice. But try that. Angle the blade at a 45 degrees, then slowly 'saw' the tip into the foam till it hits the bottom. Then drag slow an carefully.
.View attachment 654466
You need sharp new blades, and your trying to cut through in ONE cut! It's hard and takes practice. But try that. Angle the blade at a 45 degrees, then slowly 'saw' the tip into the foam till it hits the bottom.

You need sharp new blades, and your trying to cut through in ONE cut! It's hard and takes practice. But try that. Angle the blade at a 45 degrees, then slowly 'saw' the tip into the foam till it hits the bottom. Then drag slow an carefully.

You need sharp new blades, and your trying to cut through in ONE cut! It's hard and takes practice. But try that. Angle the blade at a 45 degrees, then slowly 'saw' the tip into the foam till it hits the bottom.

But what kind of knife do you? And do i have to redo everything or can i just grind a bit of the edges so it becomes smooth?

But what kind of knife do you? And do i have to redo everything or can i just grind a bit of the edges so it becomes smooth?

im sure most of us here use this kind of blade or something similar. also foam makes blade dull really quickly, so get loads of replacement blades. you can either cut the edges a few mm off with a BRAND NEW sharp blades or you can use dremel / rotary tool to get it smooth.

i suggest you search youtube for foam armor tutorial. try something simple first until u get a hang on it before continuing this project. not only you will more practice, it also save you alot of materials if you make mistakes with the armor.

im sure most of us here use this kind of blade or something similar. also foam makes blade dull really quickly, so get ****load of replacement blades. you can either cut the edges a few mm off with a BRAND NEW sharp blades or you can use dremel / rotary tool to get it smooth.

i suggest you search youtube for foam armor tutorial. try something simple first until u get a hang on it before continuing this project. not only you will more practice, it also save you alot of materials if you make mistakes with the armor.

Do I have to redo my existing parts or can i just grind down the edges? (Srorry for bad english)

wondersquid any template for the new cybermen ? XD

Ok, I appreciate your help. This is kinda my first real cosplay build so i'm quite uexperienced in this field. Thanks for the help!

EvilTedSmith and PunishedProps is a good place to start. there's alot more tutorial on youtube. just search for "foam armor tutorials". try something really small like a gauntlet or something. once you the basic right, continue with Cybermen. I can guarantee that your Cybermen build will go way faster and easier.

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back