Cyberman in FOAM!!! - WITH PATTERNS!!

Thanks for the advice Wondersquid & Thunder will try the glue route as the velcro didnt really work. I think I will need to make the back join a bit bigger so that I can get it over my head+ shoulders and fit better. Some photos of the rear section of the voice changer unit being made. It is proving to be a bit harder than I thought and may not have a clear join. With only three weeks to the Con it will have to do. For the next Con will probably invest in Weaselflingers caste back plate.
IMG_2232.JPGIMG_2080.JPGIMG_2233.JPG

I think I've read this entire thread about a dozen times now. I made the helmet using the pepakura and fiberglass (and about a month of sanding) last summer. After starting on the arms with pep I gave up. After seeing this I finally decided to ahead with the rest thanks to wondersquid. Thanks for posting the patterns! I now understand your comment about the upper arms "and now the nightmare begins"

IMG_1213.JPG

Hi guys, just a little update on my Mashup of Darth Vader and a 05/06 Cyberman, using Wondersquids fantastic pattern as a base. Needs to be finished for a Con next weekend, so its back to the work bench for me.
IMAG2728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed a few posts about connecting the pieces, front and back. My suit was not foam, but if you wanted some additional items you could use to connect front and back pieces like chest/back or even helmet. In addition to velcro you could use earth magnets, drawer latches and/or some hinges depending on the pieces you are connecting. Granted velcro is cheaper and easy to use, thought I would throw those pieces out there in case you have some heavy pieces or problems with velcro rubbing loose. I have used all the pieces in at least one part of my Cybus style suit.

Finally have it done enough to walk around Barnes & Nobel Whovian night event. Still have to finish the back part of the undersuit, gloves (Devlin on 13th Cyber Legion is sending me a spare latex set, woohoo), and sort out my helmet issues. It's a bit tight with the foam padding so I have some adjusting to do to keep it clipped on. Thanks all for your help and inspiration. It has some feature flaws and some ares where the detail isn't right, but I learned a hell of a lot and I can't wait to start the next one and up my game.

vrZpBDb.jpgAn5fZiy.jpgEQzhMpG.jpg

Awesome!! :love Would you be able to send more pictures of all the formulas? :confused

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back