Can lycra be altered by tailor/seamstress?!!!!!!

spideyfan96

I am a little paranoid that my TASM2 costume might be a little off in size does anyone know if a local dry cleaners (with seamstress) or custom tailors can fix this problem. I figured id get a better more accurate response here than contacting my local shops(which ive done)

That depends on the seamstress's abilities and what exactly needs adjusted. In general, most likely they should be able to help you, but most probably aren't accustomed to working with spandex. With the nature of the printed suits, if too much needs to be taken in, it will throw off the shading and textures.

That depends on the seamstress's abilities and what exactly needs adjusted. In general, most likely they should be able to help you, but most probably aren't accustomed to working with spandex. With the nature of the printed suits, if too much needs to be taken in, it will throw off the shading and textures.
there is no shading since im using a Zentai zone suit as my base due to time/budget restraints

there is no shading since im using a Zentai zone suit as my base due to time/budget restraints

That should make it many times easier for the alterations. I don't know if this is still true, but the zentai suits from years ago had extremely long torsos.

Best wishes on your completed suit.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back